My delidder order got messed up

WAAAHHHHHHH

The order was placed on Nov. 20th 2017 along with my original order from sig at caseking.de.

Since "Der 8auer Delid Die-Mate-2" got postponed in delivery many times ove rby now I regularly called and asked when I can expect the delivery, all no problem, all fine...till today.

As it was scheduled for the 12th ( 4 days ago ) and got postponed AGAIN I thought I better call and ask why again and when it will finally arrive.

The lady couldnt find my order...NOOOOO !!! She said it had been canceled for unknown reason.

That wouldnt be bad if they had enough of those delidders ordered, apperently they have less ordered than there is demand. So I might end up getting NONE !

In case that happens, I am not willing to wait another 3 months, the uncertainty is the biggest hurdle. If it was 3 weeks I had no problem, but getting a "we dont know how long" makes me wanna seek help.

Which "idiot proof" delidder did you guys use that I can actually BUY in germany or europe ?

I would even pay the postage if someone was willing to lend me one. I am frustrated :cry:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

OK, this then ?

https://www.amazon.de/Aqua-Computer-Werkzeug-Lake-Prozessoren-Prozessoren/dp/B06Y5DXWX1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518793552&sr=8-1&keywords=Rockit+88+Delid&dpID=31%252BeZF7jUSL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If I wont get one from caseking by end of next week I will get this one then.

Thanks Togg ;)

repped you :thumbup:

edit* I cant find Rockit 88 Tool here in germany. If you guys know where to buy that thing, please gimme a short note

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Nothing a bench vise, a hammer and a chisel can't do :)

I rented mine online, cheap, and I needed it only once either way. Maybe something you could look into ?

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

Nothing a bench vise, a hammer and a chisel can't do :)

lol.gif

BM, my Seasonic PSU from the same shop (ck) has finally arrived yesterday, with a full month delay. I got lucky, 'cause they sold more than they actually have, and the back-orders list on many items is quite long.. Is it common with this retailer?

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

lol.gif

BM, my Seasonic PSU from the same shop (ck) has finally arrived yesterday, with a full month delay. I got lucky, 'cause they sold more than they actually have, and the back-orders list on many items is quite long.. Is it common with this retailer?

Dunno, was actually my first order with caseking, usually I order at mindfactory but I have had bad luck there too with things getting delayed for weeks.

Tbh, since there is NO MORE local shop and buying at the wholesale does not make any sense in my small quantities ( tech data, Ingram Micro, etc.. ) that I order where I get the best deal from a trustworthy business partner. Mindfactory usually is really OK, had a few issues with them with RMA but they solved it to the customer satisfaction every time. That I have not seen everywhere over the years. My last RMA with Jacob Electronic was a nightmare until things finally got rolling.

Never again am I gonna order there, they tried to trick me into signing an agreement that it is OK for them to take up to 3 month for RMA. After I was done with that guy he was in some trouble for trying this, he really had the wrong guy. Amazon loves such stories and they backed it up. As soon as I involved Amazon things went ULTRA smooth. This tells me they try to trick you first and if u give in, heck, they pull you over the table. It took 4.5 weeks door to door but took 4 weeks to get my RMA authorized, that cannot be. This takes max 1 working day, sorry.

Amazon is gonna win this game, everybody who invested in amazon will have a great future ( hello c...n :) wise move). There, you dont have to go through this nightmare of calling many times, email, tricky stuff, delays etc..

Amazon steadily rises on my list of preferred retailers. Actually, they are at the top already if it says: sold and shipped by amazon

Sad that it had to come this far.

I used to sell PC's, each one handmade....forget it, no one pays you for the hours of dedicated work but a few friends and relatives..and they dont pay for the "extra" you dont get with Dell or HP. Some things you cant buy, extra care and an open ear at 11pm is one of those things that got lost with amazon.

Where this leads to ? Lemme tell you...disaster !

When drones take over and the truck driver gets fired, whos gonna be able to buy their stuff, that's when the circle closes at an bitter end, unless we change society as it is to accomodate this shift in work and income and employment.

anyway, far OT, just ate and have a philosphical mood, LoL, time for a beer..or two ;)

Amazon is gonna win this game, everybody who invested in amazon will have a great future ( hello c...n :) wise move).

:D

Buying FB right after they bought Oculus has worked out well also.

I used to sell PC's, each one handmade....forget it, no one pays you for the hours of dedicated work but a few friends and relatives..and they dont pay for the "extra" you dont get with Dell or HP. Some things you cant buy, extra care and an open ear at 11pm is one of those things that got lost with amazon.

I know the feeling. I am still the 'IT guy' for a number of neighbors and family members, as well as one of the techs that installed my new A/C two years ago.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@BitMasrer, if you get stuck I could loan you my Dremel. :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

@BitMasrer, if you get stuck I could loan you my Dremel. :P

:lol: There was a time when a Dremel could fix anything, unless it was big enough to require a Sawzall. Luckily, I have both, along with bubble wrap and duck tape.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

WAAAHHHHHHH

The order was placed on Nov. 20th 2017 along with my original order from sig at caseking.de.

Since "Der 8auer Delid Die-Mate-2" got postponed in delivery many times ove rby now I regularly called and asked when I can expect the delivery, all no problem, all fine...till today.

As it was scheduled for the 12th ( 4 days ago ) and got postponed AGAIN I thought I better call and ask why again and when it will finally arrive.

The lady couldnt find my order...NOOOOO !!! She said it had been canceled for unknown reason.

That wouldnt be bad if they had enough of those delidders ordered, apperently they have less ordered than there is demand. So I might end up getting NONE !

In case that happens, I am not willing to wait another 3 months, the uncertainty is the biggest hurdle. If it was 3 weeks I had no problem, but getting a "we dont know how long" makes me wanna seek help.

Which "idiot proof" delidder did you guys use that I can actually BUY in germany or europe ?

I would even pay the postage if someone was willing to lend me one. I am frustrated :cry:

You have an 8700k you don’t need one. The 7xxx series and 8xxx series don’t really need it. In the past the older chips had circuitry like little capacitors on the top. These don’t they’re smooth. Nothing to break. Just grab a razer blade and slowly work your way around the cpu. It’s easy and you can watch a YouTube video if you need the piece of mind. The. Just thermal and reattach but really you don’t need to bother unless you are having some serious throttling issues. If you are running at 1440p or greater the GPU is already struggling to handle the information at the rate the cpu is sending it anyway. People have a notion that higher thermals are a bad thing. They’re not so long as it’s not to an amount it’s throttling. CPUs are designed to operate under load. It’s fine. Look around here and you’ll see that while the game is highly single core dependent clock speed past the base frequencies doesn’t really affect much especially with 2.5 shifting more to the gpu.

You have an 8700k you don’t need one. The 7xxx series and 8xxx series don’t really need it. In the past the older chips had circuitry like little capacitors on the top. These don’t they’re smooth. Nothing to break. Just grab a razer blade and slowly work your way around the cpu. It’s easy and you can watch a YouTube video if you need the piece of mind. The. Just thermal and reattach but really you don’t need to bother unless you are having some serious throttling issues. If you are running at 1440p or greater the GPU is already struggling to handle the information at the rate the cpu is sending it anyway. People have a notion that higher thermals are a bad thing. They’re not so long as it’s not to an amount it’s throttling. CPUs are designed to operate under load. It’s fine. Look around here and you’ll see that while the game is highly single core dependent clock speed past the base frequencies doesn’t really affect much especially with 2.5 shifting more to the gpu.

Honestly, my fine motoric and eye sight are not what they used to be in the past. I am not going to take the chance with a blade. 29,90 is a cheap insurance for a 449;-€ CPU, yeah, i paid that much, grrrhhhh :mad:

It's not only me, it's 2 of my CPU's, my pal's CPU and maybe more. There is at least one 4th gen Intel and I dont want to razor blade them all. No, that tool will see some work once here.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got that thing yesterday. Today I went for it and I can only say "WoW".

Directly 20°C diff in idle at 5G, mining at 36°C instead of 48°C.

Best is, with 5.2 and prime95 26.6 I dont get above 55-60°C yet... that is 35-40°C LOWER under full load at 5.2 compared to Intel's BS TIM.

fantastic outcome and not much work. I took my block apart again and had to find out my pump is going south, little black debris ( plastic fom pump, only black plastic in loop )...well.

looks like a D5vario pump + Res from watercool for my MoRa3. The GPU runs 4°C cooler now that the CPU is clean again and doesnt hinder flow. Mining at 36°C ;)

Delidding is easy, fast and straight forward, as described by many. I can only encourage you to do it if you are a HW enthusiast as we others are. Very simple but huge effect !

Now gimme a new Bios and XMP-3600 Asus. Please ;)

Yup, it is nice to have lower temps all around! Easy peasy.

*but* I will say that Intel's TIM is "good enough" And certainly OK for most of the users. It's well within the tolerance of the die. It's just us freaks that want that extra %%%. :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That is true, joke aside, Intels TIM is made to last a decade or longer, actually even longer I guess. Whereas from now on, with this delidded piece of silicon, silicon glue and liquid metal...

we unleashed the beast, now we have to take good care of it. I doubt that the liquid metal will stay in place forever, 3-5 years maybe, depending on orientation and vibration maybe. We will

see.

As my old and sold machines tend to come back to me I am bound to not get around this, even if I sell it to a buddy or family wise, damn ! haha

I am looking into a new pump if this debris thing happens again. I have cleaned the block 3x times since I run it. Almost 2 years on the 2600k then I did the first cleaning. It had some greenspan, clearly green. Second time was after my 7700k, about 1 year inbetween. When i did that, around Xmas, i noticed flaky black spots in my water..hmmm. Flushed the damn thing, as I did 1st time as well, always, 5L destilled water + knife edge citric acid. The flakes looked like real thinh, like shaved, plastic flakes to me, real tiny. I cleaned the resorvoir etc..

Today I thought, while I have it dismounted and on the desk, I might as well check how much greenspan has accumulated in 2 month. To my surprise, no greenspan but that black stuff, yugg.

My brother in law came in after i cleaned it and ment there is black algae, it might be algae after all. I dunno but I have to find out. Yeah, I guess I need to take it off again and see if it accumuates again at the microfins, and if, WHAT is it, plastic ( = new pump ), or algae ( = mega flush and cleaning with hot water and soap. That's gona be fun, take the PC for a bath, oh man :DANG: haha

The 5.2 havent been stable yet, I haven't given more than 1.45v yet, with VSID on "Best Scenario", which means Asus adds only very little voltage on theor own, max I saw in HWinfo was 1.477-1.482 circa, no 1.49ers or 1.5x. I dont wanna go there. maybe the CPU won't do 5.2 priming, with or without avx, temps are still very good and WAY below critical, that is no issue anymore, more volts, more LLC, ... for DCS the 5.2 is solid enough if I need them, right now the GPU is mostly saturated with 5G anyways. It would maybe need a 2080Ti to create that need. by then we hopefully have an engine that needs to do less on that 1 core and can focus with this core on the actual core of the game, then that might be good enough, if anything else is well spread among MANY cores, so any 4GHz CPU will be plenty. That would be far better and economical. Make many DCS Pilots very happy, attract more people as the HW barrier would be lower...AND...More money for mGPUs ;) 2 GPUs could become very very attractive in this theatre !? More than 5GHz, rather 4.xGHz/8c/16t AMD and 2 GPUs than 5GHz and 1 GPU.

I tried another approach to 5.2 with SVID at Default ( Worst Case Scenario voltage behavior ) as before, dialed back the Volts as Asus adds then a lot on their own, added LLC6, 140% and added all Phases and it seems to hold, full load, p95 avx small fft's, mining both cpu+gpu, full backup running on all disks, Google, Youtube, this one, etc.. it holds..with less Volts than before.

The the volt has come down, so has the Ampere slyrocketed, it is still MORE Watt, despite the lower Voltage, don't get fooled. My HWinfo says 203.959watts peak, currently sustained 160watts core wattage. Not sure what I can lower here, peak temp is 86°C full everything, 1h.

Average temps are 67°C in HWinfo, 1h.

It's amazing how you can trade volts vs. ampere with Phase Control and Volt Control. I have aroud 30 more watts now but 0.1v less, Lots of more ampere, 211w as of now peak, 1.391v = 151ampere, OLA , not bad, glad those guys are well cooled by 2 x 12cm directly facing on them. I guess watercooling VRMs is no bad idea now. 150 amps, FJC !

Yeah, I think I am gonna reboot and dial those numbers in permanently, will see if it holds daily use, mining, kids, wife. if it acts up I am back to 5. Not a single watt more, LoL.

Edited by BitMaster

It seems to hold tight.

Nice !

the 200w make me a bit nervous but that's not too dramatic, no normal software will ever run that much juice through the die but brutal prime95 AVX Small FFT's. Usually, if it holds that it holds anything. Gonna run an IBT with max mem later today, if it holds that one as well I am done testing 5.2. There will be no 5.3, no way. 200w is the WattWall I dont want to break through.