Training Video Quality

too-cool

How about better training missions, the video quality for the F-15C is terrible, why not bring them up to date? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

At one time Wags indicated that they would revisit the training for the FC3 aircraft but I would not expect anything until after the v2.5 merge occurs.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Anyone can make a training video, just be sure it starts out at a very basic level and progresses in a step-by-step manner.

If I knew how to fly much, much better I'd make it. As it is, I'm just good enough to avoid unintentional ground collisions about 80% of the time...LOL

There's no missions for it either.

I haven't flown it in a while but I seem to recall missions for the F-15C, and each of the other planes in the FC3 package.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, it has one quick mission and a campaign, but no single missions like the other planes have.

I didn't realize at the time I bought FC3 that the F-15 was offered by itself for just $10. I paid $40 for FC3 and have no interest in any plane but the F-15. So, I feel like I paid $40 for the F-15. That's close to what a whole sim cost elsewhere.

I paid $50 for IL2 BOS and got an accurate sim. When you add up what we pay for DCS t'is kind of ridiculous. If it was bundled up would you pay what you have invested in DCS? If DCS came out with a price of $400-$500 would you pay that? Getting us a plane/terrain at a time is a real hustle in the flight sim world.

Buzz

Getting us a plane/terrain at a time is a real hustle in the flight sim world.

I am guessing you have never gotten into P3d or FSX. I have well over $1000, probably over $2000 if I think about it, invested in addons for FSX (some of which will work with P3d, too).

MegaScenery v3.0 costs about $30 to $40 per state, and that is just photo-realistic overlays that lose a lot of their charm when you get below a certain altitude.

http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=140

Razbam sells FSX aircraft too, and their prices are per aircraft and equal to the prices for DCS.

So, no, I don't think ED's pricing structure is a hustle, by comparison.

There's no missions for it either.

There are single missions for FC3. They're just a little tricky to find.

When you select FC3 single mission you see a blank folder.

Open that. That opens to show single, EN, instant.

Open EN folder and you'll then see the actual folders for FC3 missions.

Open missions and all single missions for FC3 will be listed.

Thought there was a few more for F-15 but there are only 2.

Edited by cthulhu68

I am guessing you have never gotten into P3d or FSX. I have well over $1000, probably over $2000 if I think about it, invested in addons for FSX (some of which will work with P3d, too).

MegaScenery v3.0 costs about $30 to $40 per state, and that is just photo-realistic overlays that lose a lot of their charm when you get below a certain altitude.

Razbam sells FSX aircraft too, and their prices are per aircraft and equal to the prices for DCS.

That's why I said flight sim world. I caught up in it with race sims too. iRacing is pay to play, plus changing for every track and car they release. I think I have about $800 invested.

My original plan was to just buy the A-10C and leave it at that. Well, that didn't last long. I've a soft spot for WW2 planes too.

Now i'm thinking about the F/A-18. :(

Buzz

There are single missions for FC3. They're just a little tricky to find.

When you select FC3 single mission you see a blank folder.

Open that. That opens to show single, EN, instant.

Open EN folder and you'll then see the actual folders for FC3 missions.

Open missions and all single missions for FC3 will be listed.

Thought there was a few more for F-15 but there are only 2.

I had tried that and nothing came up. I fiddled with it just now and a bunch of missions came up. I have to click that folder 4-5 times before it works.

Thanks.

Buzz

I had tried that and nothing came up. I fiddled with it just now and a bunch of missions came up. I have to click that folder 4-5 times before it works.

Thanks.

Ed sells the F-15C, I wonder why there's no interactive training for the Eagle, they rely on the very bad video's of FC-3. We really need interactive training mission like what they have for the A-10C, and a clickable cockpit wouldn't hurt.

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Ed sells the F-15C, I wonder why there's no interactive training for the Eagle, they rely on the very bad video's of FC-3. We really need interactive training mission like what they have for the A-10C, and a clickable cockpit wouldn't hurt.

The F-15C is sold separately but it is still the exact same thing that you get with the FC3 module and a clickable cockpit is a lot to expect for $10.

I heard rumors a clickable cockpit is coming for the F-15. Who knows when is the question.

I'm sure i'll switch to the F/A-18 when it shows up. Unless Normandy turns out to be so good that I won't want to leave it. I have my doubts, so the F/A-18 is definitely in my plans.

Then i'll have the F/A-18 along with the A-10C that's complicated enough to fry my old brain. :(

I really should stick to simple planes to fly like the P-51. So what if the K4 kicks my butt. At least i'm flying instead of studying.

Buzz

No but one would have hope that since ED is sell the F-15C as a stand alone they would have created interactive training to go along with it. TC

The F-15C is sold separately but it is still the exact same thing that you get with the FC3 module and a clickable cockpit is a lot to expect for $10.
I wouldn't expect a clickable cockpit for $10, my reference to that was wishful thinking. TC

No but one would have hope that since ED is sell the F-15C as a stand alone they would have created interactive training to go along with it. TC

They sell several of the FC3 aircraft as standalones without new training missions. The only reason they are sold as standalone is to allow someone to purchase just the aircraft the are interested in instead of having to buy the whole FC3 package.

see Flankertraining.com site for better tracks

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

see Flankertraining.com site for better tracks
Site currently unavailable. Thanks TC

I'm sure i'll switch to the F/A-18 when it shows up.

Then i'll have the F/A-18 along with the A-10C that's complicated enough to fry my old brain. :(

I really should stick to simple planes to fly like the P-51.

At least i'm flying instead of studying.

To many of us are always looking for the next plane, terrain, etc for a buzz, my advise, just pick one or two modules and play the guts out of them, better to be a master of one that a jack of all trades on 10.

I could play A-10c or Ka-50 mission alone for the rest of my life, there are just so many of them.

As you said, just fly and stop studying so much.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Site currently unavailable. Thanks TC

A move is in progress, the place to look is here.

I think he has only moved 3 F-15 specific ones so far, but more may be coming.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.