Training Mission - Introduction to the A-10C constantly zooms

dhevans79

Hi,

I have just tried to start learning the A-10C after spending a while on the SU-25T.

My problem is that on the first training mission, the introduction, that appears to be a nice walkthrough of the airplane, is broken on my version.

Basically, the scene loads and I start "walking" towards the plane on the ramp at the far end of the parking area.

Then when the view changes, it appears to zoom through the aircraft, then down through the ground. I can see the objects, such as the buildings and etc, floating above me as the ground is transparent from below, but it is clear that I am underground.

I then change to another view, and the same thing happens but from a different angle.

In effect, the training is ruined as there is no way I can concentrate on what the guy is telling me as I'm on my way to China via the underground express...

Any ideas or suggestions on this? I haven't managed to see any related threads so far, even when clicking on all the items with "Generic Bug" as the title..

I have disabled my TrackIR, but still have the Saitek X52 Pro plugged in as I need somthing to control the aircraft :)

Thanks,

David

• Like 1

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Basically, the scene loads and I start "walking" towards the plane on the ramp at the far end of the parking area.

Confirmed, the same thing happens here when I start the training mission.

Apparently, the same problem was also reported just a week ago, but I didn't take note of that thread until just now: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174522

My mission file C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Training\A-10C-Training-Introduction.miz has a modification date of February 2013, so whatever changed must be with the way DCS handles the training missions, not with the mission file itself.

Unlike the other trainings, this mission contains some track playback folders; I'm guessing they were used to show a walkaround of the aircraft before seating the player in the cockpit, but somehow this playback must have gotten broke with a recent patch.

I took the liberty of removing the playback folders from the mission and uploading the modified version. Just place it into Saved Games\DCS\Missions and load it from DCS' mission menu (instead of the Training menu). This way you'll miss the walkaround, but can enjoy everything else.

A-10C-Training-Introduction_no_playback.miz

Good luck, and hope see you in the skies soon. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cheers for the confirmation.

Any way to flag this for review by ED, or will this just get picked up and dealt with by someone?

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Any way to flag this for review by ED, or will this just get picked up and dealt with by someone?

This is the proper place to report such issues; their testers should be able to find it right here and hopefully it'll get fixed soon, so that new players don't have to apply workarounds.

• 2 months later...

Maybe I am missing some files... all I have ii sthese folders and I have no idea how to install anything that is shared such as missions, joy stick profiles for the planes I have etc. The file I have is C;/users/main office/ saved games/ DCS and in DCS I have Config ImagesShop, Logs, Mission Editor, MOVIES AND Tracks. My question is...

If I download for example a .miz file what do I do with it. How and where do I put it? I was told to just change the .miz to .exe Why and I did try that on a couple and all I got was a message saying it was not compaptble??

If I download say a Hotas Warthog profile made for a F-15.. where do i put it and how do I install it.. What and where does a .miz file go and how do I install it..

Where and what do i do with a LUA file etc. I have been trying to find just a good list of the file types used and where they go in the DCS folders how to make them usable...

It seems like to more I try to find information on it the more I find different stuff and not the exact basics of it. I do not need to know how to make a .LUA file, how to program it and notepad+++ info etc.. which seems to be what a lot want to start talking bout.

I have searched and read so many different things on them I am more and more confused with DCS.. I know the A10C was made years ago so why is it there seems to be no training missions for it... Why isnt there any decent tutorials on it to try to learn at least the basics of it here... A person can only watch so many youttubes about it... How about a hands on tutorial using the warthog controller with the factory settings...

why isnt there anything downloadable for it in the 1.2 version as not everyone is capable running the 1.5 and newer versions yet.. Isnt there any of the downloads that were made in 1.2 available anymore?

Edited by retired_old_sarge
forgot to add something

Maybe I am missing some files... all I have ii sthese folders and I have no idea how to install anything that is shared such as missions, joy stick profiles for the planes I have etc. The file I have is C;/users/main office/ saved games/ DCS and in DCS I have Config ImagesShop, Logs, Mission Editor, MOVIES AND Tracks. My question is...

If I download for example a .miz file what do I do with it. How and where do I put it? I was told to just change the .miz to .exe Why and I did try that on a couple and all I got was a message saying it was not compaptble??

If I download say a Hotas Warthog profile made for a F-15.. where do i put it and how do I install it.. What and where does a .miz file go and how do I install it..

Where and what do i do with a LUA file etc. I have been trying to find just a good list of the file types used and where they go in the DCS folders how to make them usable...

It seems like to more I try to find information on it the more I find different stuff and not the exact basics of it. I do not need to know how to make a .LUA file, how to program it and notepad+++ info etc.. which seems to be what a lot want to start talking bout.

I have searched and read so many different things on them I am more and more confused with DCS.. I know the A10C was made years ago so why is it there seems to be no training missions for it... Why isnt there any decent tutorials on it to try to learn at least the basics of it here... A person can only watch so many youttubes about it... How about a hands on tutorial using the warthog controller with the factory settings...

To install missions place .miz file in-- Windows (C.) / Users / "user name" / Saved Games / DCS / Missions. These missions will then be found under My Missions in the Missions menu in game.

There are training missions for A-10C in 1.5 Caucasus version under training.

Not sure what you're attempting to do with LUAs but make sure you know what you're doing before altering or replacing them.

Edited by cthulhu68
  • Like 1