Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

Because the love for aviation extends outside strictly military aircraft bounds.

DCS is a simulation platform, a powerful one. We strongly believe it could be extended outside its initial military purpose. Together with Eagle Dynamics SA and The Fighter Collection we introduce one beautiful civilian airplane to this world, opening the door for new things to come.

We imagine future of DCS as a general world simulating platform where almost anything could be simulated. Our Christen Eagle II is a small step toward that future.

We know the Christen Eagle II will find its way into the hearts of many. What matters here is that we bring more choice to DCS, extending and enriching it, making it more accessible to the people within and outside the current community, attracting them to come to DCS and play, and educating them about the reach world of aviation.

Limitations are just imaginary.

We go beyond.

Thank you all so very much.

• Like 11

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not going to lie, knowing the capabilities of the FM system in DCS, I am super excited for this. I love flying aerobatic planes and am really looking forward to how this feels in DCS. Good luck guys!

• Like 2

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

''Together with Eagle Dynamics SA and The Fighter Collection we introduce one beautiful civilian airplane to this world, opening the door for new things to come.''

Sounds like there will be a great 'Road Ahead' for DCS World reveal coming sometime after 2.5 is out!

''We imagine future of DCS as a general world simulating platform where almost anything could be simulated'' Now we are talking! Lets see where this leads...

i am not against the plane but we started to wait for apollo 13 after all those hypes, hints etc.

please don't do it again. we also have feelings lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Well, this certainly is a suprise. I really did not expected this. I'm disappointed that, a) it is not a plane I like and b) that it is an entirely civilian aircraft which has no place in a Combat Sim IMHO.

But I respect your choice nonetheless and as the devs it is of course your choice to make. So I wish you good luck and all the best with this project. I keep enjoying the Fishbed :)

Edit: And thanks for the entertainment during the week. I really enjoyed this, despite the result! :D

Edit 2: I just read on your webpage, that you guys also see the Christen Eagle II as a test plattform for prop aircraft, for the development of WW2 aircraft. That's great to hear and makes me a bit more comfortable with having this bird in DCS :)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because the love for aviation extends outside strictly military aircraft bounds.

DCS is a simulation platform, a powerful one. We strongly believe it could be extended outside its initial military purpose. Together with Eagle Dynamics SA and The Fighter Collection we introduce one beautiful civilian airplane to this world, opening the door for new things to come.

We imagine future of DCS as a general world simulating platform where almost anything could be simulated. Our Christen Eagle II is a small step toward that future.

We know the Christen Eagle II will find its way into the hearts of many. What matters here is that we bring more choice to DCS, extending and enriching it, making it more accessible to the people within and outside the current community, attracting them to come to DCS and play, and educating them about the reach world of aviation.

We go beyond.

+1, congrats for the initiative, hoping for this to be a success, and I am interested in the module myself.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I would have prefered an AWACS, a TANKER or at least some military aicraft with recon capabilities...something that can add a value to the "Combat" of Digital COMBAT simulator. Instead, this module only offers airshows. Nothing more. A real shame to waste your time wherease there are other simulators for this kind of aircraft. I thought DCS stands for COMBAT not CIVILIAN simulator. Is my humble opinion. I bought all modules and campaigns, even the GPS and the Yak52 has a little military appeal... but this CE.. this is the first time I won't buy one of your products. I am really sad.

• Like 1

I think the DCS platform/engine is good for civilian aircraft...but it's going to have a hard time competing with civilian sims since they model the whole world and DCS has only a few areas.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard

Windows 7 64 bit Home edition

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz

16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory

EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card

Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)

Samsung 840 1TB SSD

Onboard Realtek sound

We go beyond.

Very well done, looking forward to it! :)

Sorry for all the negativity you received here, forums are a dangerous beast.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I fully respect your choice and wish you the best of luck with this project!

To be honest, I was expecting and wishing for something completely different, but I will give it a chance.

Your announcement screenshots do look very promising, especially the beautiful external model.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Excuse me but this has no-sense...DCS is Digital COMBAT Simulator! not Digital Civil Simulator!(and i prefer keep it that way) if i wanna fly civil planes theres others sims...this plane dont take DCS to any better place... and the hype was just so bad taste! we are expecting something better...but i can understand that you need money and this plane maybe was more easy to develop and theres plenty of people that surely buy it...sorry for my bad english i jus try my best i still hope this was a joke (a very bad one)...

• Like 2

I think the weeklong hype train was a poor choice, especially with what the module turned out to be.

Good luck with the CE2.

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5