Missing Cockpit Commands

I hope this is the right place for this.

My brother and I are noticing multiple commands that work for one of us but not the other across multiple planes. For example, he cannot use the ECM on his Su-25t. ECM pods are equipped and he has tried changing the keyboard command. He also cannot co-start both engines using RShift + Home (one at a time works) and I can, but on my Su-27 I cannot. My Su-33 also cannot disengage nose gear steering.

In all cases we have tried changing the keyboard binding and I have also attempted two repairs using the installer repair tool. Does anyone have any advice?

I would first check if both of you have "game avionics mode" and "game flight mode" in options set the same way (off). Some keys tend to stop working with any of these on.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

More good ideas and partial joy.

In my game, assigned engine co-start to a joystick button, no effect in game, but like before the button was recognized while assigning it in the options.

Both Game avionics and flight mode are disabled (unchecked) for both our cases.

Interestingly in my brother's case it seems it was his keyboard; R-Shift Home and End were not recognized in the controls menu. Also, his ECM now works with the default key. He is going to reinstall his keyboard drivers next. At least we know what the problem is now.

Thanks for all the help thus far everyone. "Strange" and "Problem" are pretty much my butter zone.

• 2 weeks later...

So an update. I re-downloaded the web installer, did a complete reinstall of the base game, then my FC3 and Combined Arms modules. Did not fix it and still for the same commands. I can add disabling the fly by wire control in the Su-33 to the list as well. I cannot for the life of me think of what might be affecting just those commands on two independent installs.

I am planning a complete reinstall of windows for my computer in the coming weeks so hopefully after that it'll work. But if anyone has any other ideas I'd be thrilled to try them. Thanks again to everyone who replied thus far.