Garnering interest in a 24h modding challenge

daza7

A few people over on the modding discord (of which i'm sure you're aware of it's existence) have decided to see if there is any interest in a 24 hour relatively short modding challenge, the challenge is see who can make the best mod in 24 hours. Of course, 24 hours is a very short amount of time for modding and this is noted. So this is just for fun no rewards or whatever it's just to reinvigorate the scene into doing as best they can in a short amount of time.

Some ideas have been proposed over on the r/hoggit subreddit as to what the rules could be and how to make sure no one starts early etc but it's early days. So a few of us are just wondering who would be interested and if you are interested do you have any ideas how to make it a fun little event.

Further down the line we're hoping to make it 1 week so we can see some cooler mods being created with a little bit more depth and challenge.

I'm going to link to the subreddits post if any of the admins do not like me linking outside of the forums just say and i'll delete the link i'm not trying to advertise anything just trying to gather some people for a cool little event.

EDIT: a strawpoll if people don't want to comment and would rather just a yes or no answer to the question. https://www.strawpoll.me/15901061

Heck how about how to mak a mod like a structural item, I have looked through themodding for beginners document but it seem to be aircraft mod related no set dressing.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Heck how about how to mak a mod like a structural item, I have looked through themodding for beginners document but it seem to be aircraft mod related no set dressing.

You don't have to make a plane. A static model, vehicle or ship also counts as a mod.

And I think there are enough examples out there about how the code should look like for each kind of mod, be it an aircraft, vehicle, ship or static mod. But of course, people here are for sure kind enough to help you if you need any help with something.