DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hi, I bought a new computer without DVD Player and would like to install A10-C. Does anyone has a download link?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/

Just log in and you should be able to down load it here.

The easiest way would be through the game itself . Just open DCS, and use the module manager within the game to install the A-10C

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

Hi! I installed 2.5.2 one week ago after upgrading my rig. I found that now the A10C NVG works like this image.

Is this intended? Because flying a night mission or even worse, doing AAR or low level interdiction is hard as shit with the vision tilted to the right so I can see where I'm going...

Screen_180715_153700.thumb.png.857339ca900b705c78d57db66301fe1a.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

that does not seem normal, more like a bug. Sorry, no idea what the problem is. Maybe something with the snapview settings for NVG. Try deleting the snapview file in your profile, but keep a copy of it just in case. Maybe this helps.

Nume

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I already solved the problem. I was a bug with the SAA and the NVG layout. I just disabled SAA and everything went back to normal.

I think they already solved the issue, but I'm leaving the SAA off because I don't see any difference in graphics and I have more performance this way.

Thanks for your reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

G'day Warthog experts,

I've been flying the Red Flag campaign on latest DCS World 2.5.3, learning how to use the CDU more effectively.

In these missions, you are provided with a pre programmed flight plan, with a "Push" time for Waypoint 6. I have learned how to input that time as a DTOT for Waypoint 6.

My question is, can the CDU EGI system provide you with a real time cumulative RIAS after take-off, even though you don't make Waypoint 6 a Steerpoint until later? ie. Can it display RIAS earlier so you can adjust your speed earlier accordingly while still following the flight plan to meet the PUSH time? It only seems to bring up the RIAS when Waypoint 6 is made the Steerpoint, by which time a major adjustment in speed is needed.

Many thanks and kind regards

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

As I'm flying the route, I just cycle up to the PUSH waypoint and check my TOT and then cycle back to the current steerpoint. If I'm ahead, I pull off a few ITT. If I'm behind, I push it up. If you find yourself WAY behind really early (like after the first waypoint after departure) you can cut corners to make up the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Ok thanks Emmy, I wasn't sure if I was missing something with the system.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

G'day Warthog experts,

I've been flying the Red Flag campaign on latest DCS World 2.5.3, learning how to use the CDU more effectively.

In these missions, you are provided with a pre programmed flight plan, with a "Push" time for Waypoint 6. I have learned how to input that time as a DTOT for Waypoint 6.

My question is, can the CDU EGI system provide you with a real time cumulative RIAS after take-off, even though you don't make Waypoint 6 a Steerpoint until later? ie. Can it display RIAS earlier so you can adjust your speed earlier accordingly while still following the flight plan to meet the PUSH time? It only seems to bring up the RIAS when Waypoint 6 is made the Steerpoint, by which time a major adjustment in speed is needed.

Many thanks and kind regards

Cheers!

The way I know how to work such on-speed, on-time waypoint passages is to apply DTOT to both the desired waypoint and at least one prior so by passing #5 on time you will arrive at #6 on time by way of the desired speed.

If it's important to pass a certain waypoint at a certain time then it's not left up to chance that you arrive just in time since takeoff. Instead the flight plan is to arrive deliberately early at a prior point and hold for 5, 10, 20 whatever minutes and then push from hold to the next waypoint which is the time-critical gate. In this way exact departure time and speed from the hold isn't that important because it can be adjusted from hold to gate to some degree.

The system will display required speed for every waypoint with a DTOT entered which is normally all of them. What it won't do is display a required speed for a destination other than the currently selected one. If the flight plan handed to you only has DTOT for 6 then it won't show for others.

Example:

Desire to pass #6 at 12:00:00 at 360 KGS.

#5 is 20nm prior

20/6 minute is 3:20

Set #5 DTOT 11:56:40

Arrive at #5 as early as practical and hold leaving at or slightly before DTOT

If RGS to #6 is < (or >) 360 knots, fly slow (or fast) until RGS = 360

Arrive #6 at 12:00:00 at 360 KGS.

The way I know how to work such on-speed, on-time waypoint passages is to apply DTOT to both the desired waypoint and at least one prior so by passing #5 on time you will arrive at #6 on time by way of the desired speed.

If it's important to pass a certain waypoint at a certain time then it's not left up to chance that you arrive just in time since takeoff. Instead the flight plan is to arrive deliberately early at a prior point and hold for 5, 10, 20 whatever minutes and then push from hold to the next waypoint which is the time-critical gate. In this way exact departure time and speed from the hold isn't that important because it can be adjusted from hold to gate to some degree.

The system will display required speed for every waypoint with a DTOT entered which is normally all of them. What it won't do is display a required speed for a destination other than the currently selected one. If the flight plan handed to you only has DTOT for 6 then it won't show for others.

Example:

Desire to pass #6 at 12:00:00 at 360 KGS.

#5 is 20nm prior

20/6 minute is 3:20

Set #5 DTOT 11:56:40

Arrive at #5 as early as practical and hold leaving at or slightly before DTOT

If RGS to #6 is < (or >) 360 knots, fly slow (or fast) until RGS = 360

Arrive #6 at 12:00:00 at 360 KGS.

Many thanks Frederf, that's a good technique. Prior to becoming airborne (sitting in the jet on the apron) does the CDU show you the distance between waypoints so you can do a quick calculation of the the DTOT eg between #5 and #6? I tend to fly the flightplan that is pre-loaded with the mission eg Red Flag.

It's been a bit since I've flown the hog. But I think you can to this with the TAD. iIRC, one of the hook funtions is (for displaying bearing and range) is hook>SPI. You you can set one waypoint to SPI and hook the other.

Not sure though you'll have to check.

Ok thanks Wrench. I'll try that out next time flying

Not sure if this has been answered or not. I had to reinstall my system a short while back, bought a new NVMe drive and wanted to install everything to it. When I went to activate it appears that several of the older modules have the starforce activation and I used the last one that was available. I know that they will give you another activation around 30 days but I was wondering if there were any plans to replace the older modules without starforce and if we would be able to exchange our originals for those that do not require the starforce DRM?

Thanks,

Spadje

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Why are Shilkas and other self propelled anti air guns referred to as AAA if they are not artillery?
Because they are "Anti Air Artillery" even the ZSU-23-4 is a rapid firing AAA that basically shoots "grenades" with shrapnel.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Many thanks Frederf, that's a good technique. Prior to becoming airborne (sitting in the jet on the apron) does the CDU show you the distance between waypoints so you can do a quick calculation of the the DTOT eg between #5 and #6? I tend to fly the flightplan that is pre-loaded with the mission eg Red Flag.

I think the offset page might be useful. It can make waypoints from relative offset but also report relative offset between two given points.

But for ease of use hooking and dragging on TAD reporting in the "hook-cursor" mode is probably much faster than using the CDU offset page and that is plenty accurate for route leg timing head math.

Hey folks,

Sorry for another possibly simple question. In the CDU how do you deactivate a flight plan? It seems once a flight plan is in, you are restricted to those waypoints.

I've been trying to work out how to just type in a waypoint (eg Creech AFB) and just fly to it with steering info. All the system seems to want to do is overwrite the current waypoint (in the active plan) with the name/identifier only but keep the same coordinates.

Many thanks

On your UFC press FUNC -> FPM, on your CDU choose a new flight plan

But in your case it seems the left knob below your CDU is set to Flight Plan, turn it to Mission or the third Option, where I forgot what its name was. Once set to Flight Plan, you can only choose points that are part of your flight plan (obviously)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

On your UFC press FUNC -> FPM, on your CDU choose a new flight plan

But in your case it seems the left knob below your CDU is set to Flight Plan, turn it to Mission or the third Option, where I forgot what its name was. Once set to Flight Plan, you can only choose points that are part of your flight plan (obviously)

Hmmmm.... I thought I did have that knob on Mission. Well, I'll try it next time I fly. Thanks again

hello, how well will A-10c run on my desktop?

model: Lenovo ThinkCentre m82

CPU: Intel core i5 3.2ghz

GPU: MSI gt710 1gd3h lp

16gb RAM

Lots of hard drive storage

Thanks,

Jamie

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Will probably run. How well? Well, depends on how many units you put in a mission.

Video card could be problematic. Is that a laptop?

Edited by MasterZelgadis

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

it's an old office desktop and I plan on mostly just flying around and putting in a max of maybe ten(enemy) tanks in a convoy and a single(friendly) wingman. any recommendations on not that expensive upgrades to my computer to make it run better?

Thanks,

Jamie

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello, how well will A-10c run on my desktop?

Just try it out. :thumbup:

The base game is completely free, comes with the Caucasus map and the Su-25T and TF-51D flyable aircraft. It's about a 27 GB download and is available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

As for upgrades, I think it's a pretty safe bet a new GFX card would be the single most important upgrade for your system in order to enjoy DCS, but that also depends on your screen resolution and whether or not you intend to run DCS in VR (VR needs a lot of graphics power, comparable roughly to a single 4K display).

Ok, I thought world and a10c were completely different applications but is a10c an expansion pack for world?

Thanks,

Jamie

P.S. I will be using trackir so I don't know if that interferes with the fps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]