** F-14 Road to Release + Christmas Update!! **

Cobra847

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys and gals! Why so impatient?

I've been waiting since 1986, the Tomcat is my childhood fantasy. Ever since watching Top Gun when I was too young to remember anything else I've been obsessed by this plane, literally dreaming about it.

When it comes out, I want it to be perfect.

It's like trying to seduce a very beautiful women, take it slow, lay back, be confident. One day she'll be yours.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

It's still early next year for quite some time...

We're in the middle of a transitioning process where we meet some massive milestones for the project. Unsure as of yet how long they will still take.

Can we see a little footage :) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been holding off on the Hornet expecting an immanent announcement on this based on the "...feels very much like a complete product..." comment but "sooner" is now sounding more like 6 months than 1.

It's not a criticism, I just thinking out loud.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I've been holding off on the Hornet expecting an immanent announcement on this based on the "...feels very much like a complete product..." comment but "sooner" is now sounding more like 6 months than 1.

It's not a criticism, I just thinking out loud.

This seems plausible to me also

I was hoping for something solid from HB to tide me over while I desperately try to ignore the Hornet. I want my navy fighter fix to be Tomcat shaped but my resolve is starting to slip.

Well they have the gift cards on sale thats a hint of a pre purchase via there store, heatblur is helping with thst squadron compition febuary which begs the question who ever wins will win an f14 (This was done for the viggen) Id say mid to late march. Its ready but with a few tweaks to be done, Can understand a full release module after half baked ones in early access just my 2 cents i maybe completely wrong.

I'll have my hands full with the Hornet for a good amount of time..I'm not exactly going to be starving for a lack of new material to work with.

I'd rather the Tomcat be done right and be largely bug free rather than have a incomplete EA product that has to be constantly updated to have it's TGP work or having game crashing bugs...

I've come to not expect too much out of vague release timeframes. I mean, even the two 3rd-party trainers are taking much longer than expected. Not that I'm knocking the trainers. I'm just saying that even a relatively simple aircraft can hit major snags so we shouldn't get too upset that timeframes weren't met for especially complicated modules like the F-14.

I'll have my hands full with the Hornet for a good amount of time..I'm not exactly going to be starving for a lack of new material to work with.

This is basically my view on the matter. Right now I'm flying the Harrier and loving the hell out of it. It's easily one of the most interesting aircraft to come to DCS (despite being rushed out to early release way too soon). Learning how these aircraft operate and how all their systems integrate can take months, then learning to employ them effectively can take months more. For me right now, assuming the RAZBAM crew keep up the development pace (BIG assumption) I'm not too worried about ED and HB's release schedule.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Very excited for the Tomcat when it's ready of course. I will be getting every single US Naval module when it is released but the Tomcat will be my baby for sure:D I do disagree with the statement that the Harrier was rush out too early. It was the best and smoothest release I've flown yet. Early access is just that...a release that should be missing some features etc. Razbam nailed that one with nearly a perfect release. Flight model is amazing. Weapons are not complete but that is to be expected. I'll take a release like that any day. I'm very confident that HB will meet or exceed that standard.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

...I do disagree with the statement that the Harrier was rush out too early. It was the best and smoothest release I've flown yet. Early access is just that...a release that should be missing some features etc...

True, the flight model came out of the gate feeling pretty polished. It's totally unique in DCS and a real challenge. I'm here for the flight sim first. Combat employment is fun but I get most of my kicks exploring the flight capabilities of the various modules and the Harrier has definitely not disappointed.

That said, there is a lot of work to be done on systems integration. I'm used to early access with ~75% of aircraft systems up and running. Sure they're buggy, but available. Harrier is probably <50%. I just got a must-release-before-xmas vibe when early access was announced.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Tomcat. It sounds like an extremely ambitious project especially integrating an AI RIO. I may not deep dive into it right away but it'll be a day one purchase for sure.

TAKE YOUR TIME, GUYS!!:)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Very excited for the Tomcat when it's ready of course. I will be getting every single US Naval module when it is released but the Tomcat will be my baby for sure:D I do disagree with the statement that the Harrier was rush out too early. It was the best and smoothest release I've flown yet. Early access is just that...a release that should be missing some features etc. Razbam nailed that one with nearly a perfect release. Flight model is amazing. Weapons are not complete but that is to be expected. I'll take a release like that any day. I'm very confident that HB will meet or exceed that standard.

+1. I already have the pocket manual printed out and still thinking about getting the whole F-14 NATOPS as well. Can’t wait for my babe to hit the deck but I’m more than happy that HB is taking the proper time to release something that meets their standards (if you have the viggen you know what I’m talking about). Meanwhile we will have plenty of fighter fling videos to rock through :pilotfly:

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

+1. I already have the pocket manual printed out and still thinking about getting the whole F-14 NATOPS as well.

How many pocket manuals were there for the F14 series of aircraft?

I have two, the NAVAIR 01-F14-AAA-1T(B) Tactical Manual Pocket Guide for the F-14A/A(PLUS) Aircraft and NAVAIR 01-F14AAP-1B NATOPS Pocket Checklist for the F-14B Aircraft

There are a lot of F-14 manuals available but not for export outside the US so some are difficult to get for us Europeans :(

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Besides the two pocket manuals you mentioned there are the big NATOPS manuals as well that basically cover everything but they’re hard to get outside of the U.S as you just mentioned. I just gonna see if I can get as much material as possible to cover as much as possible although the pocket guides are pretty much everything you need, the rest I just nice to have IMHO.

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Looking forward to this so much it hurts sometimes, drooling over every little bit of information that is sent our way. However, I am happy to wait until HB think it is ready for me. The wait gets harder and harder the nearer we get to its release but I have full confidence that HB will do the big cat justice and all the pain will be forgotten once they deem us to be worthy.

Thank you HB for bringing the virtual cat to life, your work is truly appreciated. Now cough up the goods and get to work on the Tornado, there's a good little dev studio.:thumbup:

This is great, my favorite fighter jet of all time. Thank you Heatblur

CPU: Intel i7-3770k oc 4.5Ghz | MB: Intel DZ77BH-55K | GPU: EVGA GTX1060 SSC 6GB | RAM Ripjaws 32gb 1600Mhz | Trackir 5 | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's | Oculus Rift

DCS World 2.5, Falcon BMS, Flight Simulator X

• 6 months later...
How many pocket manuals were there for the F14 series of aircraft?

I have two, the NAVAIR 01-F14-AAA-1T(B) Tactical Manual Pocket Guide for the F-14A/A(PLUS) Aircraft and NAVAIR 01-F14AAP-1B NATOPS Pocket Checklist for the F-14B Aircraft

There are a lot of F-14 manuals available but not for export outside the US so some are difficult to get for us Europeans :(

hey , is it possible for you to scan and pdf the Tactical Manual Pocket Guide? i need one but i have not access :(