Stillness in Time Campaign, May 2018

Istari6

First, I absolutely love the MiG-21. I've played all the training missions, all the SP missions and downloaded a number of user-created missions. Now I'm trying to do my "graduation exercise" by playing successfully through the included "Stillness in Time" campaign.

However, after 13 missions, I can't make any sense of what is happening or how to proceed.

My very first mission was "Joy Ride", the tour of the Georgian airspace. OK, good intro flight. But then the 2nd flight was "Last Drops", where I'm shuttling MiG-21s from Anapa down to Kutasi. This seems backwards. I've then proceeded to fly "Human Probe" alternating with "Titan Falls" multiple times, with one mission in there at night where I was asked to fly standoff jamming without any clear victory conditions. I've just flown "Human Probe" for the 4th time, but ran out of gas on final approach. Now the campaign is saying I'm back to "Last Drops" again?!!?!

I love the MiG-21, but I'm getting pretty frustrated with this campaign. It's not clear what I need to do to move forwards. "Titan Falls" seems to be a point I keep hitting up against and failing, although the victory conditions aren't clear to me. I've flown it twice. The first time I was hit and ejected, but the 2nd time I did pretty well - downing both a MiG-23MLD and an F/A-18C while returning home safely, yet still the campaign can't seem to break out of the rut of these first four missions.

Is this campaign simply broken under 2.5? Is there a way to modify it so I can proceed and enjoy some of the other missions I see waiting in the campaign folder?

Edited by Istari6

• 1 month later...

Same happened to me, the ordering of the missions seems to be broken. The missions themselves worked for me though (although the victory condiitions are very not clear).

However, I'm not as far as you into the campaign as of now. I've completed the two non-combat intro missions and the one night mission with the Special Forces camp and the day mission with the enemy air reconaissance in the mountains. Didn't get to the jamming mission yet, will see if I can complete that one. :music_whistling:

This is the file you need to edit:

*.\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Missions\Campaigns\MiG_21_CAMPAIGN.cmp

There's a campaign builder/editor in game, and you can change the conditions there. I've been meaning to do the same thing, the missions are exciting but the order is a little too confusing.

Thanks for the hint!

Or you can just load the single missions via the mission interface.

I'm doing that now, since you don't have the problem of unclear victory conditions there (i.e. you fulfill the mission objectives, but it still counts as failed in the campaign).

Is there a way to know what the proper order is for the missions? Isn't this a branching campaign? I saw the mission names seemed to have several variants for each of the steps (e.g. several for 02, 03, etc)

Edited by Istari6