[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign - Page 6 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #51
Poliakov
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: France/Nancy
Posts: 27
Default

Hello and thank you, just a question, how to start with the red AB in Iran and not to the Emirates by being in the red coalition? Thank you
Poliakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #52
hreich
Member
 
hreich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 926
Default

I would like to say that this is what dcs badly needed.. Iwas waiting for something like this since i started flying falcon bms... This should really be that one reason for me to switch to dcs again.. Superb work

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
__________________

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #53
Morod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Hi shdwp,

A bummer about the MP needing a re-design. The whole debrief.log from various clients, as tested from someone earlier, seems to indeed point there is some issue with that file if the host uses it directly. I'm certain you have a system in mind which may work, which is beyond my knowledge of how the game operates!

I have a quick note: digging through your pre-generated missions, I noticed that when one the CAP flights (3 x F15C) is escorting me (1 X A10C), you are putting their Radio on Silence-On on the Waypoint Advanced Actions. For any other planes, you are putting Silence-Off. Is this intentional? Reason I am asking is because I am not sure if that would prevent me from taking control of them to ask them to push ahead to secure the site before I get there, etc. Just asking from a mission perspective.

Thanks again for your hard, and awesome, work in this. Even in it's current form, this is amazing.
Morod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:52 AM   #54
zakk95
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Default Thank you for a great work and a few comments

First of all, I must thank you for this great work. This is exactly what I have been wanted almost for more than 10 years, and I am sure that many other people too.

I installed your Liberation Dynamic Campaign last Saturday and I found it really exciting and enjoyable. You just made my home pilot weekends much more fun and valuable!

As an experienced python (server) programmer myself, I like to suggest a few things. I know most of these is already in your TODO list, but I am so excited and could not help it ^^;


1. Short Term Improvements

1) Highlighting selected base:
When clicking on one of my bases, it would be helpful if the selected base is highlighted (like changing color or draw some box around it). Also, showing what base is selected on the right side of screen (buy/sell screen) may also helps.

2) Implementation of a config file:
I agree that using pywin32api is NOT an option. But since many of users will use windows PC as their platform, maybe using INI file as a config file would be a good option and it's fairly cross-platform solution, since python already has an INI file parser.
Windows specific variables like "%userprofile%" wont work inside python, so this would make some significant hassle. But this maybe a good way which a user can customize locations of various folders and other options easier. I plan to try various workarounds in my free time.


2. Mid Term Improvements

1) A dedicated launcher:
A python friendly launcher that can handle all the housekeeping regarding user and platform specific configurations, In conjunction with 1.-2).

2) An Official TODO List or Project Plan/Milestone
You can always receive good suggestions from end users, but I think maintaining and sharing a TODO List from developer's point of view would be a good way to manage a productive community dedicated into the project. (Possibly a dedicated Github wiki page?)


3. (Very) Long Term Improvements

1) Implementing a database engine:
At an early stage a log file should be enough (and better for debugging) and maybe it will enough for the whole project lifetime. But something simple and embedded like sqlite can be helpful along the way.

2) Switching to web-based UX
Maybe never needed and I really dont know well about running a dedicated DCS Multiplayer server. But if a dedicated MP server exists, maybe users want to remotely manage the application outside of the server box.

Again, thank you for the great dynamic campaign engine and I believe this should be THE dynamic campaign for DCS. I hope all of us can help making this project better!
zakk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #55
Shrike88
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Missouri
Posts: 175
Default

Any plans for an external waypoint editor / load out selection etc.? Seems like much of it would be possible. Similar to the old Weapons Delivery Planner for BMS. Would be nice to set up packages and ATO's

Would be nice to beak as much free from the ME as possible and keep it all externally for mission planning and setup.
Shrike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #56
zakk95
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post

2) Implementation of a config file:
I agree that using pywin32api is NOT an option. But since many of users will use windows PC as their platform, maybe using INI file as a config file would be a good option and it's fairly cross-platform solution, since python already has an INI file parser.
Windows specific variables like "%userprofile%" wont work inside python, so this would make some significant hassle. But this maybe a good way which a user can customize locations of various folders and other options easier. I plan to try various workarounds in my free time.
I wrote a sample python script for config management. Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip check_user_config.zip (1.3 KB, 6 views)
zakk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:54 AM   #57
StandingCow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,416
Default

So I made a mistake on one of my missions and forgot to assign a client slot... so I just let the AI do it's thing... I watched as my KA50 flew right into the engagement range of the ground targets without ever shooting at them, it took damage then wobbled back to base. The rest of my strike package didn't engage, just went back home and landed.


I suspect this is more an issue with ED's AI programming than this campaign though?
__________________
i7 6700k - 32 GB RAM - 1080TI

~Moo
StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #58
Foss
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
So I made a mistake on one of my missions and forgot to assign a client slot...
Exit mission, don't save log, load in mission Editor, edit Client slot to flight leader, replay.
__________________
Specs:
Spoiler:
System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder
Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C
Foss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #59
shdwp
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
it's a cool idea and has promise OP. my only gripes are:


ATM it needs to wait for everyone to go to the marshalling point, but some of the steerpoints it will generate as marshaling points are too high for helicopters to go to (or, they didn't spawn at least making it impossible to progress) making a "force mission start" option might be good. in addition to this, marshaling points often have little relation to ultimate target steerpoints. in a mission i flew earlier it sent me 20-30nm east from my base (soganlug) then i flew nearly 100nm west to my target (kutaisi) if it could somehow evaluate distance to target and then place them between T/O location and target that would be maybe better.
Those 1 and 2 waypoints are actually on the opposite direction of the attack, since often the objective is too close to have that buffer between the base and activation zone. It's not required to actually reach those, cause when friendly units leave the base, all AI will proceed with waypoint 3. This is actually described in the manual, and I don't really have any other ideas on how this would work differently (there's a number of issues with alternative implementations and currently this one works best).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
also naval missions seem broken. i launched 2 hornets (me & buddy in MP) earlier and despite following waypoints 1 --> 2 several times nothing spawned and the map was empty besides us. mission type was "intercept" i believe.
It looks like missions where you start from the carrier are generated with invalid triggers and ultimately bugged. Will fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
also if you could allow the ability to buy naval escorts, having a single unescorted CVN seems odd and also makes the group vulnerable (depending on how red AI handles it) theoretically it could be sunk by a handful of mig-15s as carrier air defenses are relatively tame IIRC.


also if you could have it handle tankers that can be based at certain airbases that would be neat.
That is something that is already on the TODO list. As you can probably tell, there are lot of missions that could use an gameplay improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
and if missions could be grouped. granted, i don't know if i want the whole theater flying around in one mission (though it would be neat) but having a bunch of "grouped" missions that can be simultaneously written into a .miz file would be nice. as it is, often some of my buddies won't be able to fly what they wanted in particular because the mission doesn't call for it.
While this is a cool idea on paper I doubt that would bring much so I'm afraid it wouldn't ever be implemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
Alright, I think I found the issue for why Carrier missions are not spawning the enemy aircraft (I am using 1.12).

The "Push trigger" for carrier ops is using the "ALL OF COALITION OUT OF ZONE" Condition. This is not a suitable trigger considering that the carrier itself is part of the Blue coalition and will never end up leaving the push zone. This means the flag 1 value is never set properly, so the enemy doesn't spawn.

In the meantime, I'm manually setting the condition for the push trigger to "PART OF GROUP OUT OF ZONE" and selecting the player group.
Thank you for the report, it looks like it. Will fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreich View Post
Hi all... How to quickly add f18 to do cas, bombing and more ground pounding ( from) carrier?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Currently unit task only matters for Attack operations, and for loadouts. You should simply scramble F/A-18 for CAS mission, rearm at the airport and proceed with mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeStorm View Post
Hi shdwp,
First it looks like there is one loadout available. In all three missions, including CAP, I was armed with two Fab500 bombs, rocket pods and two R73's.
The weather gave me clouds on the ground which obscured the ground targets. I ended up blind dropping the bombs on the marker. I do like how you represent the frontline though. I also noticed through the external camera that all the targets where clustered on one spot. One Mk84 could take out the whole group.
That's on TODO. Generally making the CAS missions more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeStorm View Post
Not sure if this the following is ED's problem but taking off on the CAS mission, two Mig15's and myself in Mig29 we took off from oppisite ends.
IIRC AI will select the runway and direction by itself. I don't explicitly specify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeStorm View Post
Further I noticed that the price for the Su25A and T are the same. I should say that the T version should be more expensive then the A version considering the planes capabilities.
Will bump the price I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliakov View Post
Hello and thank you, just a question, how to start with the red AB in Iran and not to the Emirates by being in the red coalition? Thank you
That's something that could only be done by changing the python files. You could look into "theater/persiangulf.py" file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morod View Post
Hi shdwp,

A bummer about the MP needing a re-design. The whole debrief.log from various clients, as tested from someone earlier, seems to indeed point there is some issue with that file if the host uses it directly. I'm certain you have a system in mind which may work, which is beyond my knowledge of how the game operates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morod View Post
I have a quick note: digging through your pre-generated missions, I noticed that when one the CAP flights (3 x F15C) is escorting me (1 X A10C), you are putting their Radio on Silence-On on the Waypoint Advanced Actions. For any other planes, you are putting Silence-Off. Is this intentional? Reason I am asking is because I am not sure if that would prevent me from taking control of them to ask them to push ahead to secure the site before I get there, etc. Just asking from a mission perspective.

Thanks again for your hard, and awesome, work in this. Even in it's current form, this is amazing.
Sometimes AI bugs out and starts spamming waypoint change messages, so I silence them for this period. You should wait for the chat message about "task force is in the air", after that everyone will unsilience and proceed to waypoint 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
1) Highlighting selected base:
When clicking on one of my bases, it would be helpful if the selected base is highlighted (like changing color or draw some box around it). Also, showing what base is selected on the right side of screen (buy/sell screen) may also helps.
Yeah, that probably should be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
2) Implementation of a config file:
I agree that using pywin32api is NOT an option. But since many of users will use windows PC as their platform, maybe using INI file as a config file would be a good option and it's fairly cross-platform solution, since python already has an INI file parser.
Windows specific variables like "%userprofile%" wont work inside python, so this would make some significant hassle. But this maybe a good way which a user can customize locations of various folders and other options easier. I plan to try various workarounds in my free time.
The "start.bat" already works like one. Ability to select the folders by GUI is also in the TODO (since I haven't found a reliable way to get the path even from the bat, not in all cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
A python friendly launcher that can handle all the housekeeping regarding user and platform specific configurations, In conjunction with 1.-2).
As an alternative for the previous solution this could also go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
2) An Official TODO List or Project Plan/Milestone
You can always receive good suggestions from end users, but I think maintaining and sharing a TODO List from developer's point of view would be a good way to manage a productive community dedicated into the project. (Possibly a dedicated Github wiki page?)
I don't think the project is in that state yet, to be honest. It's still miles away from anything consumable, so this would only come later (if it ever will).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
1) Implementing a database engine:
At an early stage a log file should be enough (and better for debugging) and maybe it will enough for the whole project lifetime. But something simple and embedded like sqlite can be helpful along the way.
At one point that would need to be implemented sadly, as pickle will bring too many issues regarding versioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk95 View Post
2) Switching to web-based UX
Maybe never needed and I really dont know well about running a dedicated DCS Multiplayer server. But if a dedicated MP server exists, maybe users want to remotely manage the application outside of the server box.
I think at the scale of this campaign a groups of only a handful of players would play it in coop, without any kind of establishment community of anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike88 View Post
Any plans for an external waypoint editor / load out selection etc.? Seems like much of it would be possible. Similar to the old Weapons Delivery Planner for BMS. Would be nice to set up packages and ATO's

Would be nice to beak as much free from the ME as possible and keep it all externally for mission planning and setup.
Load out selection (and spending money on it) was planned at some point, but now in TODO. I doubt that waypoint editor will ever come to the fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
So I made a mistake on one of my missions and forgot to assign a client slot... so I just let the AI do it's thing... I watched as my KA50 flew right into the engagement range of the ground targets without ever shooting at them, it took damage then wobbled back to base. The rest of my strike package didn't engage, just went back home and landed.


I suspect this is more an issue with ED's AI programming than this campaign though?
CAS AI should do the job just fine, I haven't checked the Ka50 since it was added mostly for a single operation that would only involve the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foss View Post
my Question: If i Choose A10C for Attack Mission or CAS, and bring in a few Cap Planes, do they do what They are supposed to (protect my A10C Flight) or just fly WP and RTB.

do i have to place Client Slot in Cap too and start them first on my own, and after clearing Airspace, Respawn in A10C (AltGr+J) and fly my mission?
No, you simply scramble them and they would escort the CAS up until the point of them noticing bandits. After initial engagement they would circle around the objective for some time and only then RTB.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #60
shdwp
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 40
Default

Currently about the status of it all: MP is a priority (as well as some bugs like naval interceptions), but I have a rough week on the job so I won't be able to work on that for a couple of days.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
campaign, dynamic campaign

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.