Reputation System - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
NineLine
Community Manager

Default Reputation System

Today we have disabled the rep system. As time has gone along we have notice the system getting abused more and more. We have received a number of complaints and have decided to disable it. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns on this.

Thanks!
NineLine
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
DefaultFace

+1

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
Old 03-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

Good idea. Now I'm sad I can add to your rep
Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
NineLine
Community Manager

It's the thought that counts
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
joey45
Veteran

+1
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
V0.99 of my UK Yak-52 is now available in the user files..
Old 03-05-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
Vitormouraa
Veteran

That's kinda sad, it's good because there will be no abuse, but it's bad because I no longer can give a feedback on people's post.

To me, abuse is the only one cons here, there are many benefits of having a reputation system on a forum like this. This is a forum for discussions, and having a way to see if someone has a good or bad reputation helps a lot.

In theory, it works almost like a democratic system, if the community likes what you do, you have a good reputation, if they don't, it's the opposite and it is in fact quite simple.

Without any reputation system, you no longer can give or receive a feedback, you no longer know if you were too rude, too aggressive or something similar.

If the community does not like the way you talk, the way you treat others, you'll have a terrible reputation, I don't think anyone here wants that, therefore you need to be polite and respect others. Obviously, there are rules covering that.

I've been here for a few years and I like the system, so if you could, please consider bringing it back. Please.

Removing it completely might not be the best solution, perhaps improving the system will make it better, and we will not feel the lack of it. It's important!

So if I had to say something, it would be; bring it back with improvements, labels giving you instructions on how it must be used, and a rule covering the system, in case of abuses.

Thanks.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #7
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

+1 Vítor.

Dont remove the system, improve It. If people abuse the system find better ways to implement it.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
VZ_342

How about just positive reps? That way "we the people" can approve/like a post, but cannot wreak vengeance on someone who makes an honest mistake.

I'd bet most of the complaints are about negative reps, yes?
Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #9
Texac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
That's kinda sad,...

Thanks.
Exactly. I would just give a +rep for this post if I would have been able to.

To me it takes away the nice and friendly communication on the forum.

Liveries/SkinsDCS Screenshots
Old 03-05-2018, 08:52 PM   #10
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Exactly. Banning or removing something from a specific group, people, community or whatever it might be isn't really the solution. There are many ways to solve the issue, I could make so many analogies here from real life. But that would be a topic for other thread.

IMHO removing the rep system causes more than it solves the abuse issues.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Closed Thread