M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix

Voodooflies

Sacha -

Excellent mod, big improvement over the stock stuff.

Since I'm an avid texture artist... I would love to do a nav lights fix for all other aircraft, but as I browse the other directories, it looks like most of the acft use a generic light texture from somewhere (I'm assuming) in the Bazar/Textures directory... any chance you'd be up for working with me on making a nav lights fix pack for DCS overall?

Sacha -

Excellent mod, big improvement over the stock stuff.

Since I'm an avid texture artist... I would love to do a nav lights fix for all other aircraft, but as I browse the other directories, it looks like most of the acft use a generic light texture from somewhere (I'm assuming) in the Bazar/Textures directory... any chance you'd be up for working with me on making a nav lights fix pack for DCS overall?

Hello mate, first of all thank you very much. It would be my pleasure to work with you, I think we should talk in private about this. As I said, each modules seems to be managed differently regarding the light system. Fixing RAZBAM lights was kinda easy as it was almost self explanatory, but official DCS modules seems to be a bit trickier. I had quickly look into the A10C files and I couldn't find the matching texture. However, the A10C lights aren't that bad but they tend to form a halo just like all modules on DCS while you dezoom which is absurd, so I dunno if those can be improved or if it's hard coded. For sure, FC3 aircrafts definetely need a huge rework, moreover those aircrafts are the ones the most played on DCS so I guess they deserved the priority.

I'll send you some of my informations in private so we can discuss this togheter and try the figure out things on the subject. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello mate, first of all thank you very much. It would be my pleasure to work with you, I think we should talk in private about this. As I said, each modules seems to be managed differently regarding the light system. Fixing RAZBAM lights was kinda easy as it was almost self explanatory, but official DCS modules seems to be a bit trickier. I had quickly look into the A10C files and I couldn't find the matching texture. However, the A10C lights aren't that bad but they tend to form a halo just like all modules on DCS while you dezoom which is absurd, so I dunno if those can be improved or if it's hard coded. For sure, FC3 aircrafts definetely need a huge rework, moreover those aircrafts are the ones the most played on DCS so I guess they deserved the priority.

I'll send you some of my informations in private so we can discuss this togheter and try the figure out things on the subject. :smilewink:

Agreed 100%, after seeing your mod I've been looking through the various other module directories and while I can identify a few aircraft with nav light textures on their skin texture, the vast majority seem to be calling the alpha and dds both from somewhere else... looking forward to working with you!