DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

Thanks for the update! glad to hear about the trees, kinda sucks being able to fly through them. Take your time guys, I don't get home til sometime in March.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized that now the official estimate of release is early 2015. We can now safely leave the hope of a December release behind us.

UNLESS, they are referring to "STABLE BRANCH/RELEASE" and not "BETA BRANCH/RELEASE".

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

UNLESS, they are referring to "STABLE BRANCH/RELEASE" and not "BETA BRANCH/RELEASE".

It'll be ready when it's ready.

I really hope that too! :) :thumbup:

Most of us are in a small vacation arround X-MAS and New Year Eve, so there is more time for bug hunting then usual ! Dedicated server will be very very welcome:pilotfly:

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

It's a free update to the current sim :D

Does that mean you don't have to reinstall the game? It will just be a patch for the current DCS World installation? I would have bet it would be an entirely new installation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It looks so nice. But actually I don't even care about the looks that much, I'd be happy with the graphics we have. I wouldn't call EDGE a waste of time, certainly not, but what we really need (and will get it seems) is simulation features.

dedicated server

collidable trees (not as important for fast jets, but for the helis for example)

more realistic weather

better ATC

higher object count

better AI for both planes and ground units like AAA or SAMs

multiple players and AI in one package (why can't I just be Uzi 1-2, with a player or an AI flying lead?)

mission editor features like having a 3D view for example

We will get at least some of those features, which is great. I'm really excited for DCSW 2.0!

Just a quick suggestion to Wags (or the mods if they are so inclined) to add another little detail to the OP.

There has been some talk previously of a cuttoff date for those that purchased the A10C up to that date to qualify for the free NTTR map. Maybe the date should be included in the original post.

In any case great news and good to see that there will be an Alpha test release at some 'soonish' point.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

[*]We hope to release an Alpha test version within the next couple of months depending how debugging goes.

[*]An Alpha test version of the NTTR map will be made available for free to those customers that purchased the A-10C beta.

Selfish is not normally a word used to describe myself but this stood out for me:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any one else catch this. After all these years in production, NTTR is only going to be in Allpha maybe in a couple of monhs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Still no multicore so its better to stay intel cpu's :P

A lot of people like to throw around buzzwords like MULTICORE or THE CLOUD and such without understanding the meaning behind these 'magic' performance enhancers.

First of all there is no magic. Writing a program as complex as DCS World is hard enough to do in a standard single-thread format, trying to do so to make use of multiple CPU's or rather 'threads' is something that can quickly become so complicated and convulted that performance can actually be lost instead of gained.

Anyone with a background in computer programming will tell you that its not as simple as just seperating tasks to work on different threads. What happens when the two (or 4, or 8!!) threads need to communicate data between each other? How do you handle the different speeds at which concurrent tasks are completed? How do you handle memory access?

Parallel programming is HARD. The more complex the program the harder it is to parralelize it.

You have to remember that most games are relatively simple compared to the complex calculations that DCS needs to do on the fly AND Its entirely possible that there could be no performance benefits depending on the algorithms that are being used in the code.

I would advise everyone to keep these things in mind before lamenting the lack of multicore support.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Just a quick suggestion to Wags (or the mods if they are so inclined) to add another little detail to the OP.

There has been some talk previously of a cuttoff date for those that purchased the A10C up to that date to qualify for the free NTTR map. Maybe the date should be included in the original post.

In any case great news and good to see that there will be an Alpha test release at some 'soonish' point.

Stating beta is really all that is needed. If you bought A-10C during beta, then you get NTTR. You should know if you had purchased during the beta.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

My Beta version was purchased 05.10.2010 at a cost of $59.99 if that helps anyone:)

Funnily enough on the orders page it does not mention beta at all. Just DCS A-10C download version

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funnily enough on the orders page it does not mention beta at all. Just DCS A-10C download version

This is exactly why I made the suggestion. This was quite a while ago, and the download page doesnt list the product as beta. Still its a relatively minor thing and probably not really that important in the big scheme of things. :)

It is easy to figure out. Does your A-10C purchase say 'Beta' or not? Everyone does keep their purchase records, don't they?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't know about you guys but I personally think the amount of details on future enhancement is extremely scarce. I would really appreciate some extra 3 sentences on sound and weather improvements. Recently I've learned about some existing weather model features by accident while reading on problems with FM of Kurfurst beta.

You've got a lot to brag about. Go ahead! :)

Edited by Bucic

• ED Team
I don't know about you guys but I personally think the amount of details on future enhancement is extremely scarce. I would really appreciate some extra 3 sentences on sound and weather improvements. Recently I've learned about some existing weather model features by accident while reading on problems with FM of Kurfurst beta.

You've got a lot to brag about. Go ahead! :)

Some of those improvements are still being added, until they are in sim and finalized, or at least buttoned up, I wouldn't expect them to say much. For instance, the collidable tree thing was kept quiet for some time until they could determine if it would work, seems like they are more confident it will now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png