How do I update?

Troutish

Dunno about the NVGs, but people using an LSO mod for the carrier have found it prevents the ICLS option appearing.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Hi,

I just updated DCS but my f 18 module did not update. (I have no nvgs nor do I have the option to set ILCS in the ME). any suggestions?

Trout

Have you tried using the Repair tool under Eagle Dynamics in the Start Menu?

I'm not on my PC so I may be using questionable names but the repair tool has worked for me in the past....

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

Hi,

I just updated DCS but my f 18 module did not update. (I have no nvgs nor do I have the option to set ILCS in the ME). any suggestions?

Trout

The NVG's appears under « Goggles » in the controls option menu and not NVG, just to make sure, as for the ICLS it appears when selecting the Stennis and in Advanced (Waypoints Actions) / Perform Command / Activate ICLS. And make sure you'Re checking in Open Beta, just in case of.

I actually dont even HAVE the repair tool! searched for it everywhere. Here maybe the problem:

I have limited internet so I download and update all my games on my laptop at a coffee shop in town. I then use a wormhole connect cable to copy files onto my desktop. But I only copied the eagle dynamics folder, which means any other DCS related files elsewhere on my PC were not moved over.

Does anyone know if all the updated F18 files are contained in the one F18 folder?

Trout

I ran cleanup and repair on both computers with the game installed. It says my versions are up to date and STILL no updated F18. I looked everywhere and still no NVG, nor do I have the waypoint option in the ME to set the ILCS (again, looked everywhere)

help!

Trout

1. Hold windows + R

2. type "cmd"

3. type "cd\(dcs directory path here)\bin" (for me it's cd\games\dcs\bin, but for most it's probably cd\program files\dcs\bin)

4. type "dcs_updater.exe update @openbeta"

5. Profit

OMGERD!! DOS commands coming back to haunt me!!!