J-11A Discussion

Teknetinium

As far as I know, it is J-11B that can use the Chinese weapons, J-11A is basically a Su-27SK copy with R-77 ability bolted on.

also J-10A and JH-7A

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Just out of curiosity (and speculatively) ...how hard would a J-11B be to model?

technically, not much difficulty, but j-11b is sensitive since it uses china developed avionics.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

So does is the J11 only available through FC3? I have a mate who owns the Su27 module but can't use it. Is that right? By all means it's the same jet??
Right now its not yet avalaible for Su-27 buyer but it will be eventually AFAIK. Perhaps next patch? I don't know.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

technically, not much difficulty, but j-11b is sensitive since it uses china developed avionics.

So highly classified, requiring guesswork? ...and concerns about the guesswork being too right and raising suspicions? :)

Does the J-11A model any differences in ECM strength or engine power compared to the Su27?

iirc, no

still use abstract rwr

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

J-11A Discussion

It seems that way, but I hope Deka just takes a look at the whole thing and just binds it to the normal Su-27 engine sounds.

we are preparing some avionics upgrade for j-11a, so once we start that, we will have control of the sound implementation. Currently, we have to ask ED to fix all sound issues, thus in lower priority.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we are preparing some avionics upgrade for j-11a, so once we start that, we will have control of the sound implementation. Currently, we have to ask ED to fix all sound issues, thus in lower priority.

Wow, very nice! What kind of avionics upgrade? :)

Does the real J-11A have Russian "Betty" sounds or has it been replaced by Chinese audio?

it depends ;), there are so many rounds of modification/upgrades for j-11a

yup, we can make it to have Chinese voiceover, although it could be a bit mismatched with current version. On the other hand, it can bring you different experience

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

J-11A Discussion

yup.

we recently noticed this. But since we are planning to improve J-11A, so we may fix this later together with the upgrade avionics. But things not determined yet.

Upgraded avionics? What specifically are you considering?

j-11a engine sound fixed internally

Great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Upgraded avionics? What specifically are you considering?

it's planning and preparing.

most likely mfi-55

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]