Upgrade the A10c? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Neil Gardner

Default Upgrade the A10c?

The DCS simulation of the A10C is undoubtably one of the finest achievements in desktop military flight simulation. I hope it stays up there as the scope of what can be done in a PC simulator increases. Will there be, for example, any restructuring as a result of what has been learnt from the development of the Hornet? I’m just hoping that as time goes on the A10c continues to benefit from the fruits of expanding simulation technologies.

Thanks
Neil.
Neil Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
OttoPus

A graphical and avionics upgrade would be surely be welcome by many of us
OttoPus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
dom1

It could sure use a higher res cockpit.
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
norbot

Higher resolution cockpit and Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) would be really nice and not to hard to implement for ED.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
Kippy

It would be great to see some things remastered in the A-10 such as new cockpit textures, and perhaps a revisit or implementation of some systems after gathering experience from F-18 development.

Much to my sorrow, I highly doubt we will see any sort of capability changes or implementations of things such as the APKWS, Scorpion HMD, ARC-210, etc. This would require a newer suite A-10 than we currently have, which to my understanding, would ultimately require a new contract with the Air Force.

I think the community would be largely behind an upgrade to DCS: A-10C, even if it was sort of an entirely new module. I'd pay the full price of a new module to receive a more modern A-10C. We're missing out on a lot of goodies.

I reckon new cockpit textures will probably happen. A later suite, thus capability additions? Sorry, don't think it'll happen.
Kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #6
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
I reckon new cockpit textures will probably happen.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153303

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #7
Kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Trust me, I'm quite aware this exists.
Kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #8
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Trust me, I'm quite aware this exists.
Who doesn't nowadays?! Very famous mod. Excellent too! But it definitely deserves PBR/Deferred shading cockpit textures.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #9
Bummer

It really could use a new 3D model and new textures to get it at the same level as the F/A-18C.
A newer suite is for me less important.
Now I fly with my own texture mod (see signature or go to http://www.476vfightergroup.com/show...p?5905-HOG-pit).

A-10C WARTHOG cockpit MOD
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216257

Last edited by Bummer; 04-12-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #10
Neil Gardner

I see this has been pointed out by a number of people in the context of enquirying after updates to a number if different models, but I would just like to add my own comment; I would be willing to pay for a good upgrade. Just about all of us in this community are enthusiasts and it seems to me there are very few of us that are not appreciative enough of what developers do that they wouldn’t pay for important upgrades. We appreciate that ED and 3rd party developers have to make a living, that they are business’ and it is in all our interests to keep them going. So to developers I say: have a poll if you need reassurance, but I think you’ll find that when if comes to our beautiful models, if we’ve got the money we’ll pay for them to be kept up to scratch.
Neil Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote