Possible bug with releasing bombs in ZA?

zerO_crash

Set the ripple quantity at "1", and whereas the outboard pylons release one and one for each trigger squeeze, the inboard pylons release pair regardless of this setting. According to manual there should be no problem with rippling the inner ones in one-one motion.

I should add that it works right with OFAB100s, but not with FAB100s

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Certainly not a bug, according to RL manual and RL aircraft operations the inner bombs are always dropped in pairs even if the release setting is set to single. This is even backed-up a system called AOS, which secures that both inner bombs will release even if one of them got stuck, or one would release by itself.

Ah fair enough, guess I`l have to get hold of a RL manual for ZA then. Two things that don`t make sense though:

1. Why do you get a normal single ripple on inner pylons with OFAB100, surely can`t be only due to weight...

2. Why the inner pylons? If at all designing such a system, it should be at the outer ones, considering the arm*mass effect intensifies the further you go away from the midpoint...

Do you maybe happen to have a English or Russian copy of the L39-ZA manual?

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah fair enough, guess I`l have to get hold of a RL manual for ZA then. Two things that don`t make sense though:

1. Why do you get a normal single ripple on inner pylons with OFAB100, surely can`t be only due to weight...

2. Why the inner pylons? If at all designing such a system, it should be at the outer ones, considering the arm*mass effect intensifies the further you go away from the midpoint...

Do you maybe happen to have a English or Russian copy of the L39-ZA manual?

Unfortunately the manuals I have do not state why is it so. It is true that OFABs or other bombs on double hardpoints release as singles from inner hardpoints. The paired release from inner hardpoints is probably not due to weight distribution, but maybe some aerodynamic characteristics of the aircraft, I am just guessing here. Anyway the sim models bomb sequencing exactly as it is written in the manuals.

I think the inner pylons simply don't have the installation needed for single release, so they both receive the signal to drop at once, no left-right switching. And the additional multiple ejection racks needed for OFABs may have this feature.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro