Seeking best connection method for optimal multi-monitor-performance

SweetFX "does not work with 64bit game executables yet".

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

Anyway, not sure if it would make a difference for DCS.

The cockpit of A-10C is amazing IMHO, does not need any post processing.

The scenery is so bad that I don't think any amount of postprocessing would make it look better.

DCS is a military flight simulator, not designed for eye candy scenery.

SweetFX "does not work with 64bit game executables yet".

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

That's rather outdated. It was usable via Radeon Pro before but has been directly 64bit compatibile since v1.5 anyway.

@hannibal, in theory it should be possible as SFX allows for chainloading another dll but I've tried this myself and couldn't get it to work, so maybe SoftTH needs to be loaded first but I don't think that allows for chainloading another dll after.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Only interesting post processing would be lens grid distortion to simulate more of a cylindrical or spherical mapping instead of DCS's planar mapping that produces this ugly stretching on wide FOVs.

Only interesting if it doesn't take to much performance which it probably does.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 5 years later...

Black square render

Hi again.

I had a look at the pictures you PMed me.... (and I admit! This build really deserves a own thread :))

and made some edits to one of them - just to give you maybe some inspiration....;)

72.jpg

As I think horizontal FOV is not everything in A10C...

Right now you are planning to position the screens like this:

72-hoz.jpg

But maybe you want to think a second about this possibility - as it is able to do it via SoftTH while DCS runs still fullscreen:

72-vert.jpg

This would give you a better "look-down" ability at the battle-field to plan your attack-run .

And you really don't miss anything at the sides.

And you would also have a much more natural FOV as the outer boarders of the side-screens wouldn't be so Stretched any-more - you would use a aspect that comes closer to 1. - actually you would use 2,125 instead 5,333.

You could also use the "missing" square under the middle screen (a place of 1920x840 for the avionics exports) to show the additional exports on it and use SoftTH's "destRect" function to spread this info at the Helios screens.

So it might be possible to run this setting at a DCS-in-game resolution of "only" 1080+1920+1080x1920 = 4080x1920 = 7.833.600px

(reminder : you are using right now 13.360.800px and have still around 30FPS)

Another advantage would be that there is no misplacement of the sun-glare when the "camera" view-port matches your whole in-game-resolution. So you would be able to use the HDR setting without any bug.

Still need to find out how to render a black-square underneath some indicators , but I think it is possible to hi-jack the Control indicator for this and colour it solid black by changing the RGB values.. than we will move the solid-black control-indicator to cover the space under the middle screen. >>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1409442#post1409442

We will see...

I think it's worth thinking about it ! ;)

Edit: found a video that demonstrates fairly well what you can expect to see on the sides:

EDIT #2:

Forget what I wrote about the a black Controllindicator....

I found a easier way and made a proof of concept :

Here is the used MonitorSetup.Lua for following screen-shot and look at the second view-port.

The "Black" needs a spawn-point that is outside of the render-surface , and than I dragged this window up by using a negative height.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Export example2');

Description = 'Export example';

Viewports =

-- Put your values in , and delete all exports that you don't want to use !

-- You will have to determine the area for the MP/SP GUI

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2176;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 2176 / 1024;

},

Black =

-- must be always after

-- the last legit view-port

-- so it is underneath the avionics but on

-- top of the "world"-render

{

x = 576;

y = 1025; -- must be 1px more than screen-height

width = 1024;

height = -449; -- must be negative to "drag it up"

}

}

-- BTW isn't my find brilliant?! ;)

-- my shoulder still hurts because I clapped myself so much on it! XD

GUI=

{

x = 576;

y = 0;

width = 1024;

height = 576;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 576;

y = 576;

width = 150;

height = 150;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 576 + 1024 - 150;

y = 576;

width = 150;

height = 150;

}

CDU_SCREEN =

{

x = 576 + 160;

y = 576;

width = 150;

height = 150;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 1370;

y = 800;

width = 150;

height = 150;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 800;

y = 800;

width = 200;

height = 200;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 1050;

y = 800;

width = 200;

height = 200;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 1300;

y = 800;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

UIMainView = GUI

And this is how it looks on a windowed res of 2176x1024 with and without the "Black" view-port (BTW: all tests made in 1.1.2.1 and a empty "Black" view-port has no hit in performance at all )

Screen_120625_201015.jpg

Screen_120625_200308.jpg

Hi Peter, I hope you are doing well!

I have a question: Is the "black square render" available now-days?

I've tired but no luck, do you know if there is a new command or something?

Thankyou!

You tried the one I wrote? I am pretty sure it doesn't work anymore. I wrote it for DCS 1.5.

I didn;t get Peter's solution to work (probably my fault) so I created a black polygon with lua...again that was for DCS 1.5

But my buddy Jabbers is currently writing a new tool that lets you setup you cockpit and generates all the exports according to your screen setup and resolutions including black backgrounds.

It is far along but still WIP. Best to ask him in the splashone gaming discord if you can try/beta test the current built.

cheers, WELD

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274