AAR with HUD Reticle?

johnmjones1975

Well now that I can AAR in the hornet with some success I can say that using that HUD crosshair is not helping me at all. I just fix on the fuel pod and use peripheral like others do from the videos I have seen. I had a lot of issues with the warthog stick but with the VKB stick it is much easier to control but I still have issues keeping the plane from drifting around a lot. I watch real AAR vids of hornet pilots and they seem to be rock solid most of the time. I have not figured out how to do that yet in DCS.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Interesting idea to use gun backup sight as AAR probe positioning...

How is this the gun backup sight? Did you read that somewhere or from your own knowledge?

I've always been told that it was just to ensure that the HUD combiner glasses were aligned and straight, otherwise the HUD indications would not be visible and/or be way off the line of sight. This is coming from current active duty maintainers.

...it was just to ensure that the HUD combiner glasses were aligned and straight, otherwise the HUD indications would not be visible and/or be way off the line of sight. This is coming from current active duty maintainers.

I'm adopting this one and... looking to find more undiscovered uses:)