Eurofighter Typhoon?

Cy-27

considering that veao left, it is pleasant to know someone else was able to get a license to make a EF simulation.

EF was not something i was thinking about as being anywhere near the top of my personal wishlist but certainly will be something i very much purchase.

This should be a a dream to fly. great maneuverability, and a T/W that should be even better than the Viper

For sure, all pilots describe the typhoon as a viper on steroids.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely to be a map in Germany seeing as it’ll most likely been a German Typhoon variant we get ;)

Actually as Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia are Typhoon customers and are also in the Persian Gulf area, we may possibly see a UAE version of the aircraft flying on the Persian Gulf map (bottom of the page at https://www.eurofighter.com/about-us, excellent website BTW)

Edited by jlummel

This profile (jlummel) is not in use anymore!

I managed to recover my original forum profile, StressLess, and have gone back to using it!

But the Typhoon is still active aircraft, isn't it? How the guys even got the license to recreate it?

Have a look at the FAQ sticky, that said our F18 and F16 are also still in active service. (Or have at least been until very recently)

I doubt its going to be a later tranche with the AESA radar, thats only just getting delivered to the airforces, same with meteor. So im guessing either a tranche 1 (air to air only) or a tranche 2 with air to ground capabilities but the mechanical radar (although a mighty powerful one) and amraams. Wonder if IRIS-T will be developed with its anti-missile capability paired with striker and its 3D audio.

From a user perspective (protecting classified/sensitive data) I don't think AESA is a big deal at all.

Have a look at the FAQ sticky, that said our F18 and F16 are also still in active service. (Or have at least been until very recently)

And the Harrier, and the M2k, and the JF-17, and the A-10 (plus non 4th gen jets, but those are old enough it doesn't really count). This whole "it's in active service so it can't be in DCS" is a ridiculous oversimplification.

Oh, and the only operators to have phased out their Vipers and Hornets respectively are the Italian Air Force and the US Navy (and even then, the US Navy only phased them out from front line duties). Everyone else is still flying them, and will be for a fair amount of time.

Edited by TLTeo

i don't see (though v happy to be wrong) we will get Tranche 3 i can see late block Tranche 2, but if it goes much above Block 15, i would be surprised (again happily).. if you thought the "whinging" was bad about the Phoenix. wait 'til you hear the "wailing" about the Meteor (60km NEZ):joystick: ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

But the Typhoon is still active aircraft, isn't it? How the guys even got the license to recreate it?

They have a special contract with the manufacturer of the aircraft as well as with NETMA (NATO Eurofighter and Tornado Management Agency), so they've been able to do one, as they'll be able to source material within the bounds of their contract.

The problem isn't so much to do with the status of a particular aircraft, but the amount of publicly available documentation there is to simulate it.

An aircraft's status certainly influences what and how much publicly available documentation there is, but isn't a bar in and of itself.

Having an agreement with Eurofighter GmbH and NETMA means they can work around what's classified and what's not, within the bounds of their contract.

They did say however that certain modes, weapons, sensors etc are subject to what documentation they can find, so it's not totally out of the woods, especially with regard to more advanced stuff, which presumably isn't provided in their contract.

From a user perspective (protecting classified/sensitive data) I don't think AESA is a big deal at all.

The exact capabilities of how what the AESA can do? Eh, maybe - not sure about what they can access or whether they'll have to be dependent on what's publicly available.

In terms of RADAR technology though and simulating it? Well that's something else, and RADARs have been kind of a hit and miss thing in the past AFAIK, it's taking an age just to get AG modes on the Hornet and the F-16, let alone an AESA RADAR...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ah, fair enough

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That's also a moot point since only Kuwaiti Typhoons (and soon-ish possibly German ones) will have Captor-E. Everyone else still flies with Captor-M.

You can count in Spanish and Qataries. However, it will take many years before all aircraft are eventually retrofitted and this assumes that all are being retrofitted. T1 won't be retrofitted, with the sole exception being IPA5 as the sole test asset built under the Tranche 1 contract.

Awesome plane for DCS!

Too bad I won't be buying anything DCS related until ED has delivered the VR performance optimisation that have been promised for years.

I enjoy dcs in vr, for 2 years now

I enjoy dcs in vr, for 2 years now

Same - I mean, the GTX1060 6GB is running on max, the Rift CV1 isn't that good on spotting. But no performance issues or problems in single player. And the bigger/better/newer headsets are working much better, as tested already... And you don't even need a 2080 Ti to run those.

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Too bad I won't be buying anything DCS related until ED has delivered the VR performance optimisation that have been promised for years.

Well, Im pretty sure the other 19.999 customers will and ED and TG will not lose sleep over you trying to strong arm them with something this silly :lol:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Might be the time to finally put DID's EF2000 to its well deserved retirement.

We'd still need a decent dynamic campaign for that. And ED's been working on that since forever, literally. It better be good. One day... one day twilightsmile.png

And I'd love to see some AG capabilities. I don't care about Meteor or CAPTOR-E AESA radars, just gimme some bombs (dumb, LGB, GPSGB), possibly rockets, a decent sensor suite and I'll be fine. But even without all that it will be the fastest and manliest "I don't need no Mavericks, I've got a gun" plane in DCS for a very long time.

You guys have also a discord where you post News?

By the beard of Star Swirl the Bearded, please no. Stop spreading the virus luna-trcv.png rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg