Eurofighter Typhoon?

Cy-27

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 1 (a very early Typhoon variant with pretty limitied capabilities) was indeed in development for DCS by 3rd party developer VEAO (the guys who also made the Hawk jet trainer for DCS), but they went bancrupt and the Hawk had to be removed from DCS.

They apparently had special contracts with the british MoD, giving them access to classified documents regarding the Typhoon.

Here are some of their old dev reports:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1477323

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144730

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184632

Edit: Nvm, those are actually new screenshots, that have nothing to do with the VEAO Typhoon as I first thought wihout looking at them. :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I never asked for this because I never thought that we would get something like this. If i'd have known I'd have been crying about it weekly. This is amazing news. I wonder what tranche because if I think back to the VEAO forum days there appeared to be a lot of issues with restricted information in the later tranches and early ones were A-A only with a pulse doppler radar rather than the later AESA ones. Which, has to be something ED might find easier to incorporate, I imagine an AESA radar is easier to simulate and guesstimate, but it would certainly put the cat amongst the pidgeons because an aesa radar would literally be unfair when played in multiplayer. _Runs off excited to check deeper and predict the tranche_ >>

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yeah, I really wonder what Tranche it will be now. :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I never asked for this because I never thought that we would get something like this. If i'd have known I'd have been crying about it weekly. This is amazing news. I wonder what tranche because if I think back to the VEAO forum days there appeared to be a lot of issues with restricted information in the later tranches and early ones were A-A only with a pulse doppler radar rather than the later AESA ones. Which, has to be something ED might find easier to incorporate, I imagine an AESA radar is easier to simulate and guesstimate, but it would certainly put the cat amongst the pidgeons because an aesa radar would literally be unfair when played in multiplayer. _Runs off excited to check deeper and predict the tranche_ >>

I doubt its going to be a later tranche with the AESA radar, thats only just getting delivered to the airforces, same with meteor. So im guessing either a tranche 1 (air to air only) or a tranche 2 with air to ground capabilities but the mechanical radar (although a mighty powerful one) and amraams. Wonder if IRIS-T will be developed with its anti-missile capability paired with striker and its 3D audio.

I doubt its going to be a later tranche with the AESA radar, thats only just getting delivered to the airforces, same with meteor. So im guessing either a tranche 1 (air to air only) or a tranche 2 with air to ground capabilities but the mechanical radar (although a mighty powerful one) and amraams.

Tranche 3 is also still using a mechanical radar and AMRAAMs.

Wonder if IRIS-T will be developed with its anti-missile capability paired with striker and its 3D audio.

And its Over-the-Shoulder capability!

Tornado3 small.jpg

More important to me is: WHO exactly will develop it? That's interesting.

Most likely ED themselves.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

And its Over-the-Shoulder capability!

Yep and tranche 3 being the only current tranche that can equip the CAPTOR-E but I'd think that a tranche 3 would be too late to simulate even with the mechanical RADAR.

Would love IRIS-T

Edited by Etirion

• ED Team
Most likely ED themselves.

Not ED

The newsletter will have all the details

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I thought the German Air Force had started upgrading to Captor-E? But yes, indeed other customers still use the mechanical scanned one, which is still pretty much the best non-AESA radar in the world.

edit:

Not ED

o.O

Is VEAO back? megalol.gifmegalol.gif

So I can still hope for the Flanker yes, for a second before I saw your post Bignewy I was like “man if this is the brain melting announcement, I might enjoy a western bird for the first time in a while”

This is such good news

Everyone I need YOU to talk about this super mechanical radar you keep mentioning:D

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg