VR device selection menu in DCS

Ducksen

In short:

I want an option to select the correct VR goggles that one might be using. Not all has VR, I know! But for those that do, it makes perfect sense to select your set from a drop-down menu. That way DCS knows where and what pixels to render, so it does not render more than you need. That should improve performance quite a bit.

Now I may be wrong here, but it seems to me, just seems to me that the visual field of a VR goggle is not square. That it is round. If so, rendering only the circle would shave off 1/3 of invisible pixels. The circle inside a square math thing. So rendering only 2/3 of what you do now must be an improvement.

We have many types of VR, and I think many sizes of pixel needed. So having a drop-down menu to select what to use for rendering would like I say, help performance.

Yes there are mods for this. It seems to be the answer to all of DCS fans questions. But how about getting this to native DCS.

Just do this if you have VR. Use the NVG's if you have a module that has that mind you. Lift your goggles up and look at your monitor. See that small circle. I think that is your true pixel need not the rest. I think that that size will vary depending on the set you have.

I can't prove that. It just seems to me like that's the way that is.

If so, we all have different rending need and we need to be able to select that from an in game settings menu. Like under the VR tab.

Where the inspiration for this post came from: