Full fidelity Russian as next module?

carss

Yes the Chinese version may just be a better work for Deka. plus doesn't the Su-30MKK or Mk2 have the SD-10 or other Chinese weapons implementation? If so even better!

My understanding (Though i could be wrong)

is that they still use Russian weapons

(So they have the R-77 but no SL-12/SD10)

but they have significant multi-role capabilities with the ability to carry a wide range of Russian build guided air-surface weaponry

Such as the KH-29 Family of Missiles ,Kh-31P Anti-Radiation missiles,KH-59M cruise missiles and KAB Guided bombs (Both TV guided and Laser guided).

Though im unsure if it has a targeting pod or rely on buddy lazing for its laser guided munitions.

(And the MK2 also has the capability to carry the Anti-Ship variants of the KH-31)

full?d=1514051107

(Note what looks to be a KH-29T on the Wing and possibly a KAB-500KR on the inner pylon)

So a SU-30MKK (or MK2) would be a proper Multi-role strikefighter.

Though even if Deka decides on a Flanker in the future its unlikely to be their next aircraft as they have already sated that they are going non Glass cockpit for the new one.

(and while the Su-30MKK is less "glassy" then the JF-17 or later SU-30 models its still has MFDs)

You won’t like there next plane then which won’t be a fighter:)

But i get what you mean, J-8II would be a surprising missile slinger.

As for pure Russian planes I think it was Deka that said “dreams are for when you sleep”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

dont want a FC3 flanker would want a an FF one with proper missiles and radar.

We are in full agreement on what "we" want :thumbup:. What "we" get is not really up to us though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...
Yes the Chinese version may just be a better work for Deka. plus doesn't the Su-30MKK or Mk2 have the SD-10 or other Chinese weapons implementation? If so even better!

baccdf95074196497416da1c8e5dcd03.jpg

I believe PLAN (Chinese navy) managed to "trick" the fire control computers on their SU30MK2 into thinking that PL-12 is compatable with the system so yes they can fire PL-12s now

I believe PLAN (Chinese navy) managed to "trick" the fire control computers on their SU30MK2 into thinking that PL-12 is compatable with the system so yes they can fire PL-12s now

I didn't know the PLAN had an Su-30MK2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 months later...

Guys, I have a theory. Deka writes in their manual for the JF-17 that they want to crate a true REFOR aircraft next. They also said in a post that they will not make an airplane with displays. It will be an aircraft with a design that is as unique as possible and most likely not a fighter.

So bombers and fighters sometimes fall off the grid. So remain the fighter-bombers and trainers.

If you look at the Russian / Soviet aircraft, I can only think of the Su-17 Fitter and Jak-28

If you look at Chinese patterns, I can only think of the NAMC Q-5

What do you think ?

s89nv9

My skins

Unfortunately I don’t think China ever operated Yak-28, would be awesome. I’ll just as soo go for a Il-28/H-5

I think Q-5 is the safest bet, and also fits well with JF-17 since two countries have used JF-17 to replace Q-5

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Unfortunately I don’t think China ever operated Yak-28, would be awesome. I’ll just as soo go for a Il-28/H-5

I think Q-5 is the safest bet, and also fits well with JF-17 since two countries have used JF-17 to replace Q-5

Yeah I agree that the Q-5 is a likely option, interesting one too. I think something semi-modern ish would be cool Q-5D/E/M maybe. Capable to carry some interesting PGM's but not poin-n-click like modern strike fighters. It could backfill for something like the SU-17M4 too until someone builds that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Deka can’t read Russian

To be fair the alphabet sucks ;) ( i had to learn it when i was young)

What about the Su-15 Flaggon?

avsu15_01.jpg

Deka only focuses on Chinese airplane. They had long stated that.

Your best hope is that they may make some Chinese plane that are based on Russia design, like J-11, J-15 etc. But those are way too advanced for them to release any info that is going to be helpful in making a sim.

Beside, who need Su-15 if we can get J-8F :smilewink:

Edited by J-20

Deka only focuses on Chinese airplane. They had long stated that.

Your best hope is that they may make some Chinese plane that are based on Russia design, like J-11, J-15 etc. But those are way too advanced for them to release any info that is going to be helpful in making a sim.

Beside, who need Su-15 if we can get J-8F :smilewink:

You know its sort of funny. The original SU-27's china got are probably like 30+ year old tech at this point. But yes I suppose too advanced.

And yeah J-8 of some sort would be cool as would a later model Q-5.

You know its sort of funny. The original SU-27's china got are probably like 30+ year old tech at this point. But yes I suppose too advanced.

And yeah J-8 of some sort would be cool as would a later model Q-5.

Su-27 itself as a platform is not new, but the sensors, avionics, weapons etc on J-11B,D or J-16 are very new. So I doubt they will be declassified enough for a sim

Su-27 itself as a platform is not new, but the sensors, avionics, weapons etc on J-11B,D or J-16 are very new. So I doubt they will be declassified enough for a sim

Was I talking about the latest greatest? Nope.

Yes India is the only export operator of the Mig-29K. And come to think of it, it could just make for the perfect counter to the Pak JF-17s on MP servers ;)

34d8715dd43b7c5589c6bcbeaef0ce1f.jpg

I am actually not a huge fan of many Russian planes, in a perspective of task + avionics + technology.

(I like the looks of almost all of the russian planes though, so please no bashing)

+ I am not really a Carrier guy, more of a road base/airforce-guy (GR Harrier-, BAS90 Viggen-, GAF Tornado Autobahn- action)

BUT the MiG-29K is THE russian plane I would actually love for DCS.

Only a Su-24 would surpass the K for me, thats for the red side of course

That would get me to Redfor, for now I am sticking to Blue A/C.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Guys, I have a theory. Deka writes in their manual for the JF-17 that they want to crate a true REFOR aircraft next. They also said in a post that they will not make an airplane with displays. It will be an aircraft with a design that is as unique as possible and most likely not a fighter.

So bombers and fighters sometimes fall off the grid. So remain the fighter-bombers and trainers.

If you look at the Russian / Soviet aircraft, I can only think of the Su-17 Fitter and Jak-28

If you look at Chinese patterns, I can only think of the NAMC Q-5

What do you think ?

s89nv9

What if bombers don't fall of the grid?

Could there be the first porper bomber for DCS inbound? What bomber-options are there, considering a true Redfor aircarft with no displays

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I may be wrong but bombers feel rather boring to me. All they really do is drop a crap ton of bombs when there's no resistance. Not much excitement in it afaik.

Yup. Might as well add airliners.