Altimeter texture mod?

escaner

I am unable to see the altimeter drum digits in daylight most of the time when it is in the shadow. Unless I turn on the lights or zoom in.

Is there a mod that increases the contrast of the altimeter inner drum digits?

I found a couple of cockpit mods but they both change the label positions and fonts for VR. I was looking for something less radical.

Thanks a lot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately, the Clean Labels Cockpit mod is the only thing that approaches what you're asking for. Hopefully there are folks working on mods to solve this kind of issue. For what it's worth, according to our handful of former F-14 aircrew around here, the gauges could be fairly difficult to read in the real jet, too.

They keep saying that's how it was IRL in this model but I have yet to see a single picture of our version. It can even be one from another aircraft but same model. Anyone? I mean only the drum digits for thousands of ft being a bit too small.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Maybe it is accurate, but when the result in the sim is that I cannot read a primary flight instrument, I am not happy with that solution. Sims have limitations and sometimes concessions need to be done to better reproduce reality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the feedback guys, but imo that is why you would also crank up your instrument lights in daylight, or why for example in a car even certain parts of your console are illuminated, even when your lights are off... Certain instruments will always be a bit hidden in the shadows, imo changing their scale in the cockpit would look horrible (and I dont see any other way to make them more readable. DCS lighting is also a bit too dark in daylight shadows, compare the red reaper skin, the offside of the sun appears almost black, there's nothing we can do about that). It's not unreasonable to ask you guys to turn up the lights if you have to, imho, it is what they are here for.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

... imo changing their scale in the cockpit would look horrible (and I dont see any other way to make them more readable.

Please, don't, ever.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I have modified the levels in the texture file for the gauges (especially the altimeter drum digits) discarding some of the unused range in the whites. Quite easy to do and much more readable now with the increased contrast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]