DCS: F-14 Carrier Landing SHB [Demo]

104th_Maverick

Really impresing.

Maverick, may I ask you how you stay so stable at 800ft before the break

Just having the aircraft trimmed properly sir. I fly level and make adjustments with the stick to stay level then I trim the aircraft so I no longer have to make stick adjustments to stay level.

I use a Logitech 3D pro stick with a Saitek X52 throttle. My pitch curve is 10 with a dead zone of 1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3888892']Just having the aircraft trimmed properly sir. I fly level and make adjustments with the stick to stay level then I trim the aircraft so I no longer have to make stick adjustments to stay level.

I use a Logitech 3D pro stick with a Saitek X52 throttle. My pitch curve is 10 with a dead zone of 1.

The Logitech 3D pro stick with a Saitek X52 throttle was my favourite combo for BMS & then DCS tried all the others and still think the above is still a top combination.

The Logitech 3D pro stick with a Saitek X52 throttle was my favourite combo for BMS & then DCS tried all the others and still think the above is still a top combination.

I couldn’t agree more! I wouldn’t swap my set up for any of the higher end stuff, I’ve been using 3D pros for over 15 years and swear by them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Some further testing of this theory required, but I am thinking my big mistake causing the "my trim is never good enough!" feeling is that i never settle on a speed. new speed, new trim. if you get your speed set, you can get your trim set.

100%, if your speed changes, so does your trim. :thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Some further testing of this theory required, but I am thinking my big mistake causing the "my trim is never good enough!" feeling is that i never settle on a speed. new speed, new trim. if you get your speed set, you can get your trim set.

A trick I heard from an SME here is in level flight - 800ft, inbound for the carrier break, wings swept, set your fuel flow to 4000 pph around 400kts and it will hold 400kts beautifully.

Now any time I'm in level flight, I just find a fuel flow I want usually between 4000-5000pph and let the airspeed figure itself out. Then trim.

A trick I heard from an SME here is in level flight - 800ft, inbound for the carrier break, wings swept, set your fuel flow to 4000 pph around 400kts and it will hold 400kts beautifully.

Now any time I'm in level flight, I just find a fuel flow I want usually between 4000-5000pph and let the airspeed figure itself out. Then trim.

Is setting the fuel flow in the manual. If so, please tell me what page. I cannot find anything dealing with this, unless I have not yet found the information I am looking for. If not, can someone explain to me how I can set my fuel flow. I read in Victory's Case I landing tips, that he mentions the same thing. I cannot find any documentation on this, and it sounds important.

Im new to DCS, and yes, I am starting with the Tomcat. :cry:

Edited by Castor Troy

In the tape engine gauge the two on the right are fuel flow in pounds per hour. Just move the throttle untill desired fuel flow, nothing special

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I was assuming there was a flow limit you could toggle to keep the fuel flow from going over a desired amount. Thanks for clearing that up for me!