AI/Diplomat rescue by helicopter; CTLD or else?

strikers_blade

There used to have a server where you could save diplomats from inside LAS VEGAS (Nevada map). I could have swore it was on the F99 server but it is not included anymore. If I remember correctly, you would load the diplomats within the buildings specific zones (5 zones within the city) and drop them at the FARP of your choice.

My issue is that I want to create a very similar mission and I am not quite sure how it was done back then (2-3 years ago). Were they using CTLD/CSAR from Ciribob or something else such as MOOSE?!

There was monitoring of what was picked and dropped so it had to be something complicated enough.

So, does someone remember who used such script and could you help me find it, please?!

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

It's a feature in CTLD.

You would need to setup the zones that you want where troops/diplomats/whatever are going to be picked up, these are under the ctld.pickupZones table. Just look at the instructions in CTLD for pickup zones. You can set a limit on the zones. But when in a pickupzone, you will be allowed to pickup all of the types of troops from the ctld.loadableGroups table. So you will want to make sure your loadable groups are named and limited appropriately.

After you have the CTLD settings you like, you need to create the extract zones. These are the zones where you return troops/diplomats/whatever. To create these, paste these in DO SCRIPT action with a condition of time more, 1 or more seconds to allow the main CTLD file to upload.

Paste the following for every extract zone you want to create, also make sure you have these zones created in the mission editor with the names matching exactly: mind the caps, lua is case sensitive.

ctld.createExtractZone(_zone, _flagNumber, _smoke)

For example, ctld.createExtractZone(MyZone, 100, 0) will create a extract zone at the location in the mission editor called "MyZone." Every time troops are dropped in the zone, flag 100 will increase by the number of troops dropped, i.e., if there are 10 troops in your loadableGroups, Flag 100 will equal 10 on the first drop and increment by 10; 0 would mean green smoke.

Then in a separate mission editor trigger, have a trigger that when FLAG EQUALS, 100 and whatever value you want, then whatever ACTION you want.

Edited by shnicklefritz

It's a feature in CTLD.

You would need to setup the zones that you want where troops/diplomats/whatever are going to be picked up, these are under the ctld.pickupZones table. Just look at the instructions in CTLD for pickup zones. You can set a limit on the zones. But when in a pickupzone, you will be allowed to pickup all of the types of troops from the ctld.loadableGroups table. So you will want to make sure your loadable groups are named and limited appropriately.

After you have the CTLD settings you like, you need to create the extract zones. These are the zones where you return troops/diplomats/whatever. To create these, paste these in DO SCRIPT action with a condition of time more, 1 or more seconds to allow the main CTLD file to upload.

Paste the following for every extract zone you want to create, also make sure you have these zones created in the mission editor with the names matching exactly: mind the caps, lua is case sensitive.

ctld.createExtractZone(_zone, _flagNumber, _smoke)

For example, ctld.createExtractZone(MyZone, 100, 0) will create a extract zone at the location in the mission editor called "MyZone." Every time troops are dropped in the zone, flag 100 will increase by the number of troops dropped, i.e., if there are 10 troops in your loadableGroups, Flag 100 will equal 10 on the first drop and increment by 10; 0 would mean green smoke.

Then in a separate mission editor trigger, have a trigger that when FLAG EQUALS, 100 and whatever value you want, then whatever ACTION you want.

Thank you shnicklefritz, I indeed assumed that CTLD was involved but since "pickzone" is already in use for Combat support (i.e. load troops, vehicles, etc), I can't really use the standard code for "diplomat" pickups without getting rid of the combat support choices. Am I right?

It is almost like I would need to "duplicate" the pickzone code to a "pickcivilianzone" code. I honestly don't remember if there was a dual pickzone feature (i.e. combat and diplomat pickups) or not back then. If combat was not an option, than yes, what you said is totally the way to go.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Regular CTLD can be used for this.

Not sure what you are using to represent the diplomat, but if you make a wpzone (you must check these in the script to make sure the one you use is active, and set for your coalition), and place an extractable group there, he will go to the center of that zone.

They can then be picked up with CTLD like any other troops. Call him a diplomat, but the truth is, DCS or CTLD doesn't know the difference.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Regular CTLD can be used for this.

Not sure what you are using to represent the diplomat, but if you make a wpzone (you must check these in the script to make sure the one you use is active, and set for your coalition), and place an extractable group there, he will go to the center of that zone.

They can then be picked up with CTLD like any other troops. Call him a diplomat, but the truth is, DCS or CTLD doesn't know the difference.

Indeed, it is just 0 and 1 :D

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD