ABRIS on USB LCD 7" mini monitor

JAG

Hi guys, I finally buy a Samsung 7" LCD usb monitor, and want to see how the game works with it. I was searching for info about configuring the sim with more than one monitor, and found a lot of info, but it's a little bit difficult, and only found examples of shkval + abris, but nothing about only showing abris.

My configuration is this:

Windows XP

Option to extend the desktop to the second monitor is enabled

Resolution of Main Screen: 1440 x 900

(Playing the sim at 1280 x 1024, with fullscreen and only 1 camera)

Resolution of the usb monitor: 800 x 480

(Waiting to display ABRIS) :helpsmilie:

Somebody could help me to configure it properly, Thanks.

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

You need to create a new multimonitor config within Blackshark with definition of 1440x900 (don't know if this is a definition that can be used by BS though) and 2 cameras (cockpit + ABRIS). Lets call it "mysetup"

Then you need edit options.lua in \data\scripts\ where you need to have height=900 and width=2240 (1440+800) and aspect=2.488 (2240/900).

Then you need to edit your multimonitor config file you just created ("mysetup.lua"in this example) which you can find in \Config\MonitorSetup\ and set CENTER starting at X,Y=0,0 with width=1440 and height=900 and aspect= 1.6, then ABRIS starting at x,y=1440,900 with width=800, height=600 and aspect=1.333 (800/600).

Don't forget to set up your two screens in the display properties of Windows, the main one on the left and the one you want to use for ABRIS on the right, against the main monitor.

Now you can launch BS. If the displays are still shifted, you might need to launch phantom monitor fix.exe that you will find on this forum.

Hope this helps.

Edited by BaD CrC
  • Like 2

It doesn't work at the first try :(

The options in the game are this:

Textures: Hight

Resolution: 1440x900

Aspect: 16:10

Monitors: camera+abris (That's the file created for the custom configuration)

Full Screen: disabled

Now here is the code of the options.lua

options = 
{
   ["views"] = 
   {
       ["cockpit"] = 
       {
           ["mirrors"] = true,
           ["reflections"] = true,
           ["avionics"] = 1,
           ["russianHud"] = false,
       }, -- end of ["cockpit"]
   }, -- end of ["views"]
   ["difficulty"] = 
   {
       ["padlock"] = false,
       ["easyRadar"] = true,
       ["enemies"] = true,
       ["setGlobal"] = false,
       ["immortal"] = false,
       ["geffect"] = "none",
       ["permitCrash"] = false,
       ["easyFlight"] = true,
       ["tips"] = true,
       ["radio"] = false,
       ["fuel"] = false,
       ["hud"] = false,
       ["aftSwitching"] = false,
       ["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",
       ["units"] = "metric",
       ["externalViews"] = true,
       ["altTrimmingMethod"] = true,
       ["myPlane"] = true,
       ["iconsTheme"] = "english",
       ["map"] = true,
       ["weapons"] = false,
       ["allies"] = true,
       ["labels"] = false,
   }, -- end of ["difficulty"]
   ["audio"] = 
   {
       ["wind"] = 100,
       ["radio"] = 50,
       ["musicEn"] = false,
       ["engines"] = 100,
       ["soundEn"] = true,
       ["effects"] = 100,
       ["music"] = 0,
       ["radioSpeech"] = true,
       ["warnings"] = 50,
       ["volume"] = 0,
       ["inCockpit"] = 90,
       ["mech"] = 90,
       ["subtitles"] = false,
       ["gui"] = 70,
   }, -- end of ["audio"]
   ["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "camera+abris",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 0,
       ["scenes"] = "medium",
       ["water"] = 1,
       ["fullScreen"] = true,
       ["visibRange"] = "Low",
       ["aspect"] = 1.6,
       ["textures"] = 1,
       ["shadows"] = 2,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["height"] = 900,
       ["resolution"] = "1440x900",
       ["civTraffic"] = 0,
       ["width"] = 1440,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
} -- end of options

the camera+abris.lua

Description = 'Monitor Central + ABRIS en monitor derecho'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1440;
         height = 900;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

ABRIS =
{
    x = 1440;
    y = 900;
    width = 800;
    height = 480;   <--- You specified 600, but I changed to 480, because that's the height of the lcd monitor
    'aspect = 1.6;'  <--- I tried with and without it and don't work
}

By the way, I don't see the aspect property in the abris or shkval section in the examples I read, only in center, anyway I tested it and doesn't work, so I commented it.

In windows monitor configuration, the secondary monitor it's placed to the right, and the position when I placed it, was 1440,0, so I assume it's correct.

Little update, about the position of the lcd monitor, when it was placed the first time to the right of the main monitor, it supposed to stay there, but when the video configuration is opened, it appear on the left, then I moved it again to the right, close the windows, open it again, and it appear again and again to the left. It's supposed to be normal that it appear always to the left?

Thanks for helping and by the way your cockpit it's amazing

Saludos

Edited by JAG

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

Sorry my mistake, I wrote a wrong value on options.lua. :doh:

It's working now, but the Abris it's not showing from the upper corner, instead it appear almost from the half to the bottom. I'm trying adjusting the value of the y property, but curious too, how can I calculate this value, instead of trial and error with it.

I will update, as soon as posible.

Cheers

Thanks for your help BaD CrC, it works very good now. I gave you rep points. :thumbup:

options lua should be width = 2240

monitor setup (your custom one)

abris aspect is determined by the height and width values you enter

abris y = should be 0 if you want it to be top left of usb screen.

use you full height of the usb screen

abris height = 480

and adjust the abris width to get it to the desired aspect.

better still rotate the usb screen 90' and use it as 480 x 800 (reducing the height value as required to achieve correct proportion/aspect)

Then you need edit options.lua in \data\scripts\ where you need to have height=900 and width=2240 (1440+800) and aspect=2.488 (2240/900).

BaD CrC

in options lua the "width" should = main screen width + second screen width = 2240

i believe the "aspect ratio" is only for the in game res setting eg: 1440 x 900 = aspect = 1.6

Edited by G3
  • Like 1

Hi ggg87 thanks for the info, aditional info is always welcome, right now the vertical position is y = 100 and the abris finally shows at the beginning of the monitor, and it's rotated 90 degress. If I try to show the abris across the wide of the monitor, I mean the natural position of the monitor it doesn't work, I have to rotate the monitor and then it works.

Saludos

i wonder why that is,

Q. in your windows display settings is the usb screen coordinates starting just to the right of and in line with the top of the main screen?

if the usb screen was down a little i could understand it but otherwise sounds a bit weird to me.

Don't worry Bad CrC it works very well :smilewink:

Hi Gadroc, honestly my computer it's not a high end, but runs blackshark very good, and I was hopping that using a usb monitor won't affect the performance, but that's not the case. The sim don't became a slideshow, but you really notice the sim is running a little bit slower, not to much but you can notice it. Maybe with a better pc, it will lose less fraps, but I'm not sure.

My PC:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200

2 GB DDR2 800Mhz Double Channel

Nvidia 8600GT 1GB

Cheers

Edited by JAG