Winds of Change! A Parting of Ways

Cobra847

Dear All,

For some time, we have been working on an amicable parting of ways between members of the original MiG-21 development team.

I have relinquished my stake in the Leatherneck Simulations trademark and brand to the newly minted Magnitude 3 LLC, who will continue supporting the DCS: MiG-21bis, along with the development of other exciting new DCS modules. I wish my former colleagues the absolute best in their future endeavours!

The entire
DCS: AJS-37
DCS: F-14A & B
and other development teams will transition to the new Heatblur Simulations banner, a new trademark and subsidiary owned in full by myself.

We continue to look forward to a very bright future, filled to the brim with high quality and exciting products.

Thank you all
for your support and understanding.

You all represent one of the most amazing and supportive communities ever to exist.

We’re looking forward with excitement to launch our new site and brand in the next few days!

Yours truly,

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

& the Heatblur Simulations team:

Daniel Malmquist (Ph.D)

Xueqian Zhao (Ph.D)

Bert van Leeuwen (M.Sc)

Christoffer W.

Gregory Smiddy (B.Sc)

Andrew O'Donnell (B.Sc)

Teodor Frost

Andreas Sandin

Anders Karlsson

Andrzej Osiecki

Bartosz Lemke

Stirling Rank

Kevin Miller

Alexander Jacobs

Jonathan Törnqvist

Sylwia Raczynska

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Wish you all luck, Nicholas & team! :)

But, will this "transition" somehow affect the F-14 development?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wish you all luck, Nicholas & team! :)

But, will this "transition" somehow affect the F-14 development?

Not at all; this has been known for quite a while and will have no demonstrable impact on the development of either Leatherneck or Heatblur products.

It's business as usual (sort of) for everyone involved. :)

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Good luck and best wishes to you and your team! I hope all the best, and success with your development projects!

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Good luck!

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Not at all; this has been known for quite a while and will have no demonstrable impact on the development of either Leatherneck or Heatblur products.

It's business as usual (sort of) for everyone involved. :)

Thanks, Nick!

Glad to hear it. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good luck folks! I thought "Heatblur .... what the?" when the Viggen first went on Pre-sale. Makes sense now.

Your first module has surely knocked it out of the park!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Yeah a couple of things make more sense now. For example the recent silence around the Corsair and Pacific theater projects, which stay with Leatherneck as far as I understood.

Good luck to both teams!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I agree with Goblins sentiment.

I now have the AJS 37 Viggen so nothing else in the world matters anymore ^^.

But Good luck to both teams and im confident both will create many more products for us all to love and enjoy.

On a side note.

Will this cause a restructuring of this forum?

With the Threads relating to the Viggen and F-14 being moved to a New heatblur section and with Mig-21 and Corsair related things remaining here on the Leatherneck part of the forum?.

I'm a bit surprised to say the least..

But I'm happy to see, that you have apparently found a good way of splitting up, so both teams can continue their ventures in the hopefully best way.

Thumbs up for that! :) :thumbup:

And good luck to all of you, I will probably have to follow both teams with your interesting projects now and ahead. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

So can someone check my organizational math in this?

Nick/Cobra has left Leatherneck Studios and is no longer affiliated with them.

Leatherneck Studios is changing its name to Magnitude 3 LLC.

Magnitude 3 maintains all tradmarks and agreements had concerning Leatherneck Studios, as well as the MiG-21Bis module.

Nick/Cobra has taken the Viggen and Tomcat teams and is forming a second studio.

So my question is, does Cobra need to negotiate a third party agreement with ED now?

Expected this when I saw Heatblur Sims getting bandied about on the manuals and behind the scenes.

Cobra, I know you've said it's registered to you but IIRC LN was registered to a Polish company I can't pronounce that was involved in the rental of heavy machinery and appeared to be owned/run by a family member of yours. Have you actually taken full control for the new company?

Also, what's happening to the websites and public bug trackers?

Edited by Buzzles