How can I remove the shadow of the tree?

Morpheus when you write "only Shadows" this option remove also the shadows of the aircrafts ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Hi again,

Into my dcs menu the option "shadows" is OFF but now when my plane is on the ground the shadows are not visible under him.

Is it not possible to remove just the shadows of the trees and let all the shadows for DCS ?

Thanks, Skull.

If you turn off your shadows in game obviously you cant see them in cockpit.

Let shadows ON in the setting of your choice ( medium - high - etc ) and install the Mustang´s no tree shadows files in the correct folder. Thats all.

No forest tree shadows and all your DCS shadows ON.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It's not so much the shadow of the trees on the ground but the shadows of a tree casting onto itself (think of it as each leaf on a tree casting a shadow onto the rest of the tree) now multiply that x one hundred million trees per scene & say bye bye to fps

i have no problems with shadows at all

trees are few polys only, those use only one texture (caucasus)

new trees (nevada) use few textures only (2-3 textures iirc)

moreover we have fixed tree models/materials around caucasus buildings so those have shadows again without fps loss

sign-pic4.jpg

i have no problems with shadows at all

trees are few polys only, those use only one texture (caucasus)

new trees (nevada) use few textures only (2-3 textures iirc)

moreover we have fixed tree models/materials around caucasus buildings so those have shadows again without fps loss

Sorry but my FPS are 60 but above the trees my FPS are 24, not cool...

Hi again,

There's few minutes I've installed and tested the Mod of Mustang and WOW it's incredible.

Now and at very low altitude no problem with my FPS, they stay at 60, it's super !!!

A great thanks for this tips, bye. Skull

• 1 month later...

Dear Mustang,

Do you have a version of your great mod for 1.5.3 (current production build)? I found this in my logs:

01940.351 WARNING NGMODEL: Model 'vfs:///models//trees_166_2847.edm' uses old format, convert please.

Coincidentally, that was the last line before my DCS froze on a MP server. Can't find anywhere an updated version...

Thanks!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 7 months later...
No please do NOT use this mod as it will break your DCS and forests will not render at all.

So are you going to make another one or there is no need for this ? And does Starways Black Sea Map mod contain yours ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• 3 months later...

i think ED should consider to make a option to turn on/off tree shadows in the game directly since its seems to be such a FPS booster...

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen