Uncaged AGM-65E or 65G refuses to lock on.

DaveRindner

Have you use SSS forward to IRMV is box in the HUD?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

If the acronyms and abbreviation is confusing you it will be hard for you to fly the aircraft since everything will be abbreviated.

Form your pocket guide, found on:

the drive you installed DCS:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World or OpenBeta depending what you have\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Doc

IRMV Target Designation and Lock-on

When ready to engage a target, the IRMV should be selected and RDY.

1. Press the [Cage/Uncage] HOTAS Button to activate IRMV Video in the LEFT MPCD.

2. The missile seeker will be slaved to the HUD’s VVM. The VVM will show a second circle to indicate

that the IRMV seeker is slaved.

3. On the HUD the Missile Type legend will show the letter U, for uncaged.

4. Press the [sensor Select FWD: INS. IRMV/EOMV] HOTAS Button to select the IRMV seeker as the

selected sensor. IRMV label will appear on the IRMV video page.

5. The pilot can designate a target by two methods:

a. By placing the HUD’s VVM on top of the target. In the IRMV Video page, the target will be in

the center of the crosshairs. To command lock press the [TDC Down (Action Position)] HOTAS

Button. The seeker will attempt lock as soon as the button is released.

b. By slewing the seeker by using the TDC button/axis. The seeker will attempt lock as soon as

the button/axis is released.

6. The seeker can be slewed after a target lock is achieved. In which case the lock is cleared and a

new lock is attempted.

NOTE

If the IR Maverick seeker fails to achieve lock or the lock is lost, the

crosshairs will retract to the edges of the IRMV video display. They will

remain there until the seeker is reset by either pressing the [AG Target

Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle] HOTAS button or by slewing the seeker

with the TDC buttons.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

OK this is BS.

Target designation by VVM for G is just plain does not work. I place the VVM over tank, visible plainly in FLIR and i n uncaged G view with FOV . Press designate, and the seeker dances to somewhere else, without rhyme or reason. Either the instruction is incorrect, or my understanding of them is faulty, or something is just not working. Cause I am doing everything shown in YT videos, following the DOCs, and it is not working. The missile will not releae, or tracker will not lock. It is confusing, and I don't have a base from which to take corrective action.

I dunno. Something is just not connecting. I thought that may be uncage is not working. But it is, tests OK in settings, and cages/uncages 65G. HUD reports U uncage. But either the lock is not functioning, or release is not working. Cause nothing, that I see, and follow the instructions, in Docs or in any videos is working. 65G will not fire, will not release. Other weapons are working fine. I do experience, a random odd mis-firing of AIM-9M, when I am in AG master mode and firing Zuni.

Part of it , I think is RAZBAM. They make awosome sims. But some of their procedure , as far as user , is just weird.

I think I know why. Current version won't let me switch from TDC to IRMV. Not certain, becouse this is kind of messed up.

That was the original post to you...make sure you are in the correct mode. You have to have the correct mappings or it just won't work. Watch the video again and follow the steps. There is nothing wrong with the sim, it works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to slow down and stop accusing the module of being broken - it works fine, you're just missing a step.

The procedure is this:

Master arm on & AG mode on

Select your Mav G's and wait till they say RDY

Find a target with your DMT and put the DMT crosshairs on it

Point towards the target

Uncage your mavericks (and they will look at the DMT target)

Press sensor select forward (this will transfer your controls to your maverick so you can lock - you will see INS change to IRMV on the Maverick screen) <--- this is probably what you're missing

Press TDC down to lock

Press weapons release (pickle) to fire

Edited by backspace340

Check your mappings. Open your controls and press the button you think you've mapped to Sensor FWD - does it auto-scroll to that button? It should be mapped to 'Sensor Sel. FWD: INS, IRMV/EOMV'.

Also, make sure your game is up to date, the latest version is 2.5.2.19273.411.

are you waiting 3 minutes for the IRMV seeker head to cool down?

after you first select the maverick you have to wait till its says RDY.

you cannot access the view when its not cool.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

You need to slow down and stop accusing the module of being broken - it works fine, you're just missing a step.

The procedure is this:

Master arm on & AG mode on

Select your Mav G's and wait till they say RDY

Find a target with your DMT and put the DMT crosshairs on it

Point towards the target

Uncage your mavericks (and they will look at the DMT target)

Press sensor select forward (this will transfer your controls to your maverick so you can lock - you will see INS change to IRMV on the Maverick screen) <--- this is probably what you're missing

Press TDC down to lock

Press weapons release (pickle) to fire

I just tested on Open Beta. It does work as described :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I think it must be at your end Dave. I've had no issues launching the Mav G now either.

I think the guys above have correctly pointed you to two possibilities. A control issue or a missing update. You could also try a repair.

Hope you get it sorted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I think I discovered the issue. It appears there is a wacky issue with my X-56 Rhino. I encounter this issue in AV-8B and Mirage, but only in Harrier it is causing issue. Here's what happens.

I have all the AV-8B HOTAS , sensors, and some MPCD functions mapped to X56. Irrespective of button that I activate, if there is stick deflection of any amount, W command is issued by control system. Pressing a fire trigger , simutaneously sends Stick trigger (btn 1) and W command. There may even be others I am not aware off. Now in most instances, this does not cause a problem, if it does I do not notice it. However with Sensor switches (on the throttle of X56) it does. It did not affect me, until I got to self-training of Harrier weapons. So the SOI (A-10C term, but it applies to AV-8B) switch, to make left MPCD the active sensor , with carret changing to -65G box, the sensor FWD was not being sent, regardless of how I mapped it. I got all the latest X56 drivers and latest Nvidia GPU drivers. So for whatever reason, for now at least, I cannot have that function on my HOTAS, it has to be a kbd keystroke.

This issue is only in AV-8B, and maybe present in Mirage. I suspect , but hope I am wrong, that it has something to do with these exclusion buttons. I feature which I absolutely LOVE, and want in rest of modules. Where a function is off, unless some function is ON. So I mapped that push forward button on X56 throttle body to speed break. When it is forward, harrier air-brake is out, and off when switch in back position. Awesome functionality.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Ya'guys are the best! Found this nice doc, though I suspect many here have watched it. Its about Av-8B prior to N/A version. With some interesting factoids. I surprised that with AV-8B, BAE(and UK MOD) lost control of HarrierII development, to Americans. Specifically McDonnel Douglass(now Boeing) and USMC.

Glad you got it sorted. And, thanks for posting what you found, it may help someone else in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Well I thought I did. I was firing off 65G. The problem returned when I added TPOD. So now, I am unable to UNCAGE 65G. I keep pressing and holding UNCAGE , the STRS has IRMV selected. FUZE is IN(or any non safe setting), MASTER ARM ON. STRS is on left screen. IRMV is highlighted. Station 2 and 6 are selected, MASTER mode is AG.

At this point I should be able to UNCAGE IRMV, then Sensor FWD for make 65G my sensor of interes(SOI), lock and fire. But I can't. UNCAGE has no effect. I tried with TPOD in STBY ON and OFF. Tried TPOD TDC ON/OFF. I cannot UNCAGE 65G, and I do not know why! TPOD interfere bug? My procedure is wrong, I am missing a step? It is just RAZ made this kind of confusing and unintuitive. Harder then it needs to be.

Your blame should lie with Mcdonnell Douglas, not Razbam.

You don't need to hold the cage button - you just press it. Do you see RDY or STBY on the stores screen? You need to select IRMV on the Stores screen and wait three minutes until you see RDY before you can uncage.

Selecting Mavericks in the Harrier's STRS page is the equivalent of turning the EO power on in the A-10. Gotta wait out the warm-up period, and if you select any other weapon during the warm-up, the process resets. I make it a personal habit to get the Mavericks warmed up right after engine start (at least for the Gs since laser Mavericks don't have to worry about warm-ups).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/