GREEN THUNDER

Thanks for the support!

Just to let you know. The fields has been reworked to let them look more like they are covered with water. You can expect an update soon.

ljU18dp.jpg

OLVZVQf.jpg

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

I'm enjoying the first go. It's really nice to fly my F-5 and Huey over.

Can I request a change in river water color? If its even able, of course.

Anyhow, if they can take on a more muddy appearance? Obviously not all of them were like that, but...

Here is a link to some decent pics of the terrain

http://firebasenam.myfastforum.org/archive/aerial-shots-of-vietnam__o_t__t_1244.html

Thank you for your work.

-Jeff

I'm enjoying the first go. It's really nice to fly my F-5 and Huey over.

Can I request a change in river water color? If its even able, of course.

Anyhow, if they can take on a more muddy appearance? Obviously not all of them were like that, but...

Thanks Jeff,

unfortunetally I haven`t found out how to change the color of waters in the engine…

You can expect an update soon.

but please do not upload the whole 2.42 GB rar package again,

upload the changed/updated files only :idea:

or

at least release a "quick-fix" pack (with the edited texture files only) next to your "full-updated-package" as well

sign-pic4.jpg

Is this mod updated, already ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Been alternating between the Medevac and UN Pilot Campaigns for the Huey and let me say it's truly a pleasure flying around the Caucasus with this now.. Looks great in VR too!

I recorded a little bit too!

Edited by Buckram

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UPDATE 1 released

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sagz7aj65717kis/Green+Thunder+by+Starway+-+Update+1.rar

This update contains new fields and grass textures for all seasons as well as updated tree textures.

This is not a standalone update. The original mod files are necessary.

Installation instruction:

1.) Deactivate original "Green Thunder" in the jgsme menu.

2.) Copy and paste the content of the zip file into your "Green Thunder"-mod folder.

3.) Activate the mod again in jgsme menu.

Done.

Have fun!

Best,

SW

• Like 1

UPDATE 1 released

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sagz7aj65717kis/Green+Thunder+by+Starway+-+Update+1.rar

This update contains new fields and grass textures for all seasons as well as updated tree textures.

This is not a standalone update. The original mod files are necessary.

2.) Copy and paste the content of the zip file into your "Green Thunder"-mod folder.

Done.

Have fun!

Best,

SW

:thumbup:

The Experimental clouds system is in use in green thunder, which will not pass the integrity check.

so deleting clouds.lua will be a start to getting it through the check.

you will also need to see if any of the other lua are a problem.

like shadows.

im not a fan of the WIP clouds. aliasing is really bad along the horizon.

which tends to be right where you look all the time..

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I'm curious abbout wich weather settings you guys use to simulate a "tropical" envinroment. I'm talking about temperature, fog, wind... And your pics using the mod.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hi Folks,

here is another mini-update for this mod where I made some small corrections to the mip maps of some field textures to provide better blending at the distance.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3h32dh44u48t1bh

2.) Copy and paste the content of the zip file into your "Green Thunder"-mod folder. Overwrite files from Update 1

Done.

Have fun!

Best,

SW

Just had to pop in here to say that these textures are just fantastic.

We are so lucky to have you here man.

SD

Ditto.

I notice that with my setup the coloration in Green Thunder is slightly undersaturated. I suspect the answer is no but, Is there a way for me to tweak the mod to modify this. I'm already workin with SweetFx on this. I'm in 2D / 4K.

Thanks again for your dedication.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

No Cib, 4K 2D. OP edited.

My Man.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Well try the digital vibrance and hue sliders in the Nvidia control panel/adjust desktop colour settings. I used the tweak for the rift and it works a treat. FYI I have my digital vibrance to 70% and hue left at 0%

Hope this helps:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]