HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

The MFCD+UFC tab in the current build has an "OLD" UFC code. If you want a properly aligned UFC you will have to copy the UFC code from the Scale Test tab to the MFCD + UFC tab. This should correct it.

If you find that too much of a hassle let me know, Ill prep a good working file for you when I get back home from work :)

no, it is ok now. after your hint i copied all necessary data to the ufc-part.

thanks!

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Helios has some competition, and free too!

Good work.

'T'

Really?....when you can build any panel or gauge for the a10 that has every button,switch, label and working in under 5 minutes with an easy to use user interface then they may be competing. Hawgtouch is am amazing piece of work but at this point it does not compare to what Helios can do right now.

• Like 1

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Really?....when you can build any panel or gauge for the a10 that has every button,switch, label and working in under 5 minutes with an easy to use user interface then they may be competing. Hawgtouch is am amazing piece of work but at this point it does not compare to what Helios can do right now.

If you can build a profile from blank in 5 minutes in Helios you are indeed a magician.

HawgTouch doesn't do what Helios does in a sense that it doesn't have a fancy profile editor. But that is on the works.

The initial version of HawgTouch was very simplistic and straight forward but with time and alot of work it has became into a flexible and robust solution.

There is nothing Helios can do that HawgTouch can't when it comes to brass tax. Yes, it will require you to create your profile and get your hands dirty with graphics and XML editing.

With time and community contribution we will see complete A-10C profiles out very soon. And in the future more gauges will be added until the entire A-10C cockpit will be modeled.

Now don't get me wrong. Helios is a brilliant solution and a great product. But not everyone is willing to dish out $90 to get that. So if you are using Helios and you are happy with it. Stick with it. This software is not for you.

Lighten up man, it clearly isn't helios, nor is it trying to replicate it. but competition? you bethcha! I was right behind the Helios program from the beginning, before you airdog. Flim is on our testing team, but as a product it 'is' overpriced IMHO.

Never stiffle initiative and always be amazed at the determination and drive from the community, for the community.............without commercial objectives.

Helios is an awesome piece of software, no denying it. FWIW, IMHO, this is better.

'T'

EDIT: Over a network there is also absolutely no lag nor drop in networked machines fps of dials. - Helios???

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

There is no need to turn this into any kind of fight.

The software has extreme overlap and more power to ClearDark to give away his time. I've done the same in the past. Competition is always good and I'm evaluating pricing options.

Tyger - And if you execute Helios in a restricted mode over the network these is no FPS hit either. Technically Helios and Hawg touch are restricted by all the same technology and will have very similar limitations.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. ClearDark has put a lot of time and effort into HawgTouch and for NO commercial gain. Its a rare thing to see these days and I for one am very pleased with his efforts. Helios will be the solution for some, whereas HawgTouch will be the solution for others.

Edited by Druid_
  • Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Wow...didnt really mean for this to fall into this. My poiint was that as of right now for a true drag and drop and your done Helios is more polished. I never meant to take anything away from Hawgtouch as I am truly impressed with what Cleardark has done and the time he is giving to the community. It is commendable. Time to move on :)

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Now now boys :P

I dearly appreciate the feedback here. It is truly the reason HawgTouch became what it is now.

Just to clarify a few things:

HawgTouch was not planned to stand on the shelf with Helios and compete with it. The result of HawgTouch as it is now is a result of both the inner drive in me to code and learn new things and to give something back to this wonderful community.

I love coding, I do it in my professional life and writing HawgTouch helped me learn many new techniques and technologies. It has benefited me just as much as it benefits this community.

Another thing:

Craig's (Gadroc) code inspired me tremendously thanks to his open sourced TouchPal project. I want to emphasize that without his project, HawgTouch chances of seeing light were very slim.

Helios is a great product. I say that the more options out there the merrier for us all. At the end of the day we are all here to enjoy this wonderful simulator, all of us come from different places and different "wallets". For each his own :)

Carry on gents <3

Now ClearDark gave me a reason to take home a laptop from work. On a REGULAR basis :D

On that matter, is it possible to have MFCD's (and UFC if so desired) on my second screen and send gauges indicators info over to laptop?

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Now ClearDark gave me a reason to take home a laptop from work. On a REGULAR basis :D

On that matter, is it possible to have MFCD's (and UFC if so desired) on my second screen and send gauges indicators info over to laptop?

Yes it is.

Doing that means that the local instance of HawgTouch will not receive data from the sim though.

How to do it:

1. Enable Data Export in HawgTouch

2. Open A10Dir\Config\Export\Export.lua file and change the IP address at the top to the desired target IP.

3. Run HawgTouch on both machines. The local instance will send keystrokes and the remote instance will receive the data from the sim and thus make the gauges come to life.

There is another way of making BOTH instances receive data. But that requires messing with the lua script and adding more sockets. A feature I have not tested. I will try to make a sample script and post it for people who might want to run this kind of setup when I get time.

Craig's (Gadroc) code inspired me tremendously thanks to his open sourced TouchPal project. I want to emphasize that without his project, HawgTouch chances of seeing light were very slim.

ClearDark I'm very glad you wrote that down.

Spoken like a true gentlemen.

:thumbup: +1

'T'

Everyone gets passionate about the tools they use. I'm glad we could avoid a big flame ware here.

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:    hawgtouch.exe
 Problem Signature 02:    1.3.0.0
 Problem Signature 03:    4da1ea75
 Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
 Problem Signature 05:    4.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:    4ba1da6f
 Problem Signature 07:    3dab
 Problem Signature 08:    105
 Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

Trying to run it on a laptop (A10 is not installed) what could be causing it?

This might be caused by trying to enable Data Export from HawgTouch on the remote machine.

Since A-10 is not installed on that computer, it won't find the Config\Export folder in the A-10 dir (which there is none).

Enable Data Export from the computer which has A-10C installed on. Edit the Export file mentioned in the previous post and alter the IP to the target IP (remote machine).

On the remote machine just launch HawgTouch and start the profile. No need to enable Data Export there.

:)

On the remote machine just launch HawgTouch and start the profile. No need to enable Data Export there.

:)

It is exactly what I'm trying to do. Download RAR on laptop - Unrar - Run.

No go. Not even "Run as administrator".

Will try to re-download.

Will try to run from some other directory.

It runs OK on my home PC where A10 is installed.

It is exactly what I'm trying to do. Download RAR on laptop - Unrar - Run.

No go. Not even "Run as administrator".

Will try to re-download.

Will try to run from some other directory.

It runs OK on my home PC where A10 is installed.

Make sure you followed all the steps correctly.

Don't forget to modify the Export.lua file in A10Dir\Config\Export and change the IP address in the file from 127.0.0.1 to your laptop's LAN IP.

Assuming your network uses the 192.168.x.x format

The computer with the A-10C installation is presumed to be 192.168.0.1

Your laptop is presumed to be 192.168.0.101

In the Export.lua file, change the IP to 192.168.0.101

Save the file, Exit the sim if its running, and relaunch the game. Make sure HawgTouch is running on the laptop.

Also, if you have any firewall software you will have to allow both DCS and HawgTouch to communicate on port 1625 (UDP only).

If you still can't get it to work I'll gladly hop on teamspeak with you to help you set it up :)

CD

Make sure you followed all the steps correctly.

Don't forget to modify the Export.lua file in A10Dir\Config\Export and change the IP address in the file from 127.0.0.1 to your laptop's LAN IP.

Assuming your network uses the 192.168.x.x format

The computer with the A-10C installation is presumed to be 192.168.0.1

Your laptop is presumed to be 192.168.0.101

In the Export.lua file, change the IP to 192.168.0.101

Save the file, Exit the sim if its running, and relaunch the game. Make sure HawgTouch is running on the laptop.

Also, if you have any firewall software you will have to allow both DCS and HawgTouch to communicate on port 1625 (UDP only).

If you still can't get it to work I'll gladly hop on teamspeak with you to help you set it up :)

CD

I totally understand that. Thing is that hawgtouch won't start on laptop at all. Does hawgtouch need A10 installed? I was looking, at procmon, it does query the registry for DCS A10 folder.

I did install net framework 4. I'm totally puzzled. It runs OK on my home PC but won't run on Laptop. HAH! Some more brainstorming. I wonder what is so different with this laptop compared to my home PC. Besides A10 beein installed on home PC.

Starting it from another dir does not help. Will re-download now.

I have released a quick fix. All executables and packages updated. HawgTouch will not crash now if A-10C is not installed.

Thanks for pointing me to fixing this bug Nu-NRG! :D

Please make sure to redownload the binaries :)

Also, please make sure you run HawgTouch as administrator.

Edited by ClearDark

CD

Great job and great job to all involved with this Kick a.. program. I need a bit of help though. I have data export enabled and the gauge.dll file in the HT folder but am not seeing the gauges. (gauge pack: not loaded) I am sure it is something stupid that I am doing just not sure what?

Thanks again

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

CD

Great job and great job to all involved with this Kick a.. program. I need a bit of help though. I have data export enabled and the gauge.dll file in the HT folder but am not seeing the gauges. (gauge pack: not loaded) I am sure it is something stupid that I am doing just not sure what?

Thanks again

Make sure the file name is called "HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll"

Also, you might have insufficient privileges on the folder HawgTouch is in. Make sure you give the folder enough privileges and run HawgTouch under Administrator just to be sure.

If that doesn't work, write me a PM and we'll sort you out :)

I have released a quick fix. All executables and packages updated. HawgTouch will not crash now if A-10C is not installed.

Thanks for pointing me to fixing this bug Nu-NRG! :D

Please make sure to redownload the binaries :)

Also, please make sure you run HawgTouch as administrator.

Confirmed, working!

Thank you so much!