Hotas Warthog Priced

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That estimate would probably only apply to the simulator quality HOTAS not the actual HOTAS in the real A/C. Any aspiring pit builder has stumbled across the HirevSims (sp?) site and drooled over the hardware they make and that stuff is in the $5000-10000 range! The question for me isn't if I'll buy it, it's when I'll have the cash to buy it, baby's college fund is going to suffer, who needs a college degree anyways?

Hmm I have owned them for a while. No such issue here. I will keep an eye on them.

Out

If they made it past the first few sessions they should hopefully be ok. 60 dollars though, so I probably wont mind getting another set and using the failed one for 16 buttons and the extra one for 20 buttons as side consoles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just purchased over at ebay only to be informed that of course it is not available yet and they failed to update the ebay store to reflect the delay time which is unknown. Total utter disappointment was avoided because of my pessimistic nature at the whole "too good to be true" feeling I got when clicking the "buy" button.;)

I am going to buy this thing so fast it will make your collective head's spin.

:joystick: As stated already it is not "a" HOTAS it is "The" HOTAS for A-10C. The people that I have heard from that are testing them leaves little room for doubt how great this piece of hardware is.

Buy Buy!

I would not recommend to purchase over ebay. I would just wait for the "offically" store to come up with A10C warthog in U.S. just an advice my friend.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

With my Cougar however I never even bothered to use the mini joystick as it was problematic from day one.

The WH now uses hall effect sensors in all of it's axes, including the microstick iirc, so problems of this ilk should be a thing of the past.

amazon link updated. now has an pics of throttle and stick with hotspots. (which are pretty cool for amazon. supplied by TM surely)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B00371R8P4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280214707&sr=8-1

payday tomorrow but it will be another month I reckon.

wheres my stasis pod?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Yeah, they look like images from the launch.

Presumably if you pre-order from Amazon you card is not billed immediately?

Nice to see that the words "Delivered FREE in the UK" are in bold letters. That thing is gonna weigh a bit :D ;)

Yeah, they look like images from the launch.

Presumably if you pre-order from Amazon you card is not billed immediately?

Nice to see that the words "Delivered FREE in the UK" are in bold letters. That thing is gonna weigh a bit :D ;)

Description from that offer:

Item Weight: 599 g

LOL

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I got 'Amazon prime' so i (usually) get free delivery. £40 a year. IT pays for itself in a couple of months if you are as lazy, (and hate malls), as me.

[also, not wanting to sound like an advert for Amazon, but you can share Amazon prime membership, so, me, my other half and some guys from work all get free delivery and share the £40 a year. Being a cheapskate can be a social event!]

Pre-ordered. This goes against my usual principles of “wait and see” but I have such a good feeling about this (sort of a negative 'han solo' effect), that I have surrendered.

Too many people whose opinions i respect have had hands on with this HOTAS and had nothing bad to say. Nothing. Now either TM has compromising pictures of EVERYONE concerned or..........its damn good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

You guys should wait.. You havent even read a single review, everything are previews, and previews can be deceptive since they only let some chosen loyal followers, business partners (ED?) or people who already are believers have a try at the product, and often the person doing the preview feels obligated to give good opinions since they feel honored or in debt to have been chosen to try this product when so few others have.. Remember we dont know what deal (if any) ED has with TM, maybe thats where all the positive buzz comes from, and remember we are in EDs A-10C Warthog forum! Take it with a grain of salt, use your heads LOL you are spending that much money on something that hasnt been reviewed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Item Weight: 599 g

:shocking:

but I have such a good feeling about this (sort of a negative 'han solo' effect), that I have surrendered.

Awesome :D I have the same feeling :joystick:

Did it charge your card or will that happen when the deliver it?

Just pre-ordered from amazon .co.uk . im in no rush to get it and as my wife is buying me this as a christmas pressy when it arrives ill be able to look at the box nothing more . but if she expects me to leave the house christmas day she got another thing coming lol

Not to worry I'm a skeptic by training. :thumbup:

You guys should wait.. You havent even read a single review, everything are previews, and previews can be deceptive since they only let some chosen loyal followers, business partners (ED?) or people who already are believers have a try at the product, and often the person doing the preview feels obligated to give good opinions since they feel honored or in debt to have been chosen to try this product when so few others have.. Remember we dont know what deal (if any) ED has with TM, maybe thats where all the positive buzz comes from, and remember we are in EDs A-10C Warthog forum! Take it with a grain of salt, use your heads LOL you are spending that much money on something that hasnt been reviewed.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Card gets charged on dispatch so don't worry there. If its turns out to be crap i will return it as £340 is too much too pay for a paperweight.

"Believers"? I don’t think so. hardnosed simmers with years of disappointment under our belts, (gunship 2000), but with a firmly held belief that sometimes.....somewhere.....good things DO come to those that wait...[and preorder] :music_whistling:

......when it arrives ill be able to look at the box nothing more ....

you are IRON MAN! there is no way that box is going to remain 'boxed' for more than ten minutes when it arrives. if i am at work there will be a bit of "boss shuffling" going on to open a window in the schedules for a group geek-out 'IT crowd' style..

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's 10 times the cost of a normal stick! I can't see that this new stick is interesting for others than the hardcore pilot who want to build a home cockpit.

I will read reviews first and then decide if I should dump my Saitek X-52 Pro.

(HJ)

I wouldn't imagine most people in this particular forum are flying with a 39 dollar stick. I will get one and decide if I like it better then my current CH gear.

I think you only need to look here and some other forums to see the interest is wider then the hardcore, and besides, it's only two and a half times more expensive then your current stick, sound like a bargain now :)

• Like 1

Price isn't that bad, I recently saw a HOTAS Cougar for the price of 3250 dkr in a store here, and I have to shell out 3267 dkr for the Warthog... I payed 3000 for the CH fighterstick and pro throttle so I can't see any issues with the price, I think when it hit the danish shelves it will be in excess og 4000 dkr.

Also I'm not building a home cockpit I just want a durable stick with plenty of functions, the added bonus that DCS: A-10C will just recognice the stick and configure accordingly is a huge plus.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

you are IRON MAN! there is no way that box is going to remain 'boxed' for more than ten minutes when it arrives.

your prob right coolts . But knowing my wife she will take everything out of the box and put a few bricks in so i still can`t see what it looks like .

• Like 1

.....Take it with a grain of salt, use your heads LOL you are spending that much money on something that hasnt been reviewed.

And who are we going to trust to review it if we all sit back waiting for the said reviews.........:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

All you need to do is read the previews and talk to a few beta testers. Even from the available information it is quite clear. This HOTAS is constructed very very well and the software is outstanding. I will buy it immediately. There is no need to wait IMHO. And if you feel you need to wait that is very cool cause I will get mine first and with less waiting. It works out great for those of us that want one asap and those of you who would like to hear what we say about ours.

If you want the best HOTAS for A-10C this is quite simply it.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

And who are we going to trust to review it if we all sit back waiting for the said reviews.........:D

So you just volunteered to post a first hand detailed review! :clap:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I cant wait til it goes on sale, finally a joystick that is plug and pray with lockon/dcs, instead of sitting at your pc for about a month making and tweaking a profile, only to do the same thing over and over again each and everytime you format your pc.

It takes me roughly 1-2 months to make a complete profile and to remember where all the keys are, as I first off make a preliminary one, then I game with it and then start tweaking it over the space of those 2 months, I then finally have a working profile that I love, only for something to happen that makes me format my pc.

Instead of saving the profiles like I always remind myself to do, I forget and end up having to do the same profile making all over again, the same with TIR and my g15.

so it will be great for once to just install the game and stick and just play.

I will now have to also buy pedals alogn with the hog, as I wont have a rudder control when I dump my x52, so I will need pedals and I have NO idea who makes them and what are a good make.

So I need to find out who makes a decent set of pedals.

• Like 1

Saitek pro flight pedals are quite nice IMHO. As for the TM-WH-HOTAS I guess I could always put it on the credit card, what the hell, I'll be making those payments the rest of my life anyways. Right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4