F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

If you review all post (from Russian forum)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1996107#post1996107

you can see the person was reply that post was Skylark, ED team member, to a question from other forum member, NRG-Vampire.

Skykark was make in the past (he has ED team 3d Modeler) a F-16 external and internal model , but actually, ED has working on new F-16C and D.

From russian forum on post of Vacant models, actual 3D models in progress (confirmed by other ED team member, DGambo).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=7689

Remember, build a official module on DCS: W require a licence. ED can work on any module meanwhile that has not a licence product

I kinda wish we would get an update on all these AI models (if some will be added or all of them). If they can't come to fruition, i don't see how anyone would be mad. They're just AI external models.. eye candy.

Most of us would like an F-16 whether it can do much more than an F-18c or not. ED are more than aware we all want it so we have to assume it will be at least on their radar for a future module. Forcing the issue won't help much. We are at a bit of a cross roads with DCS, they have all but finished creating the new engine which was no doubt taking up a lot of man hours. Give them time to stabilise it and clear out all the bugs, then we can likely expect them to fully crack on with more modules of which things like the F-16 will be likely candidates, along with some Russian stuff to make everybody happy.... An SU-34 would be a nice start ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'd like an F-16C but I doubt ED will do one knowing that people are going to compare it to a certain free mod in another sim until they have all the features in place to be able to compete with it on an even footing (they'd just be drawing attention to features of the other sim that they don't have yet). Until AG radar, new FLIR and dynamic campaigns are implemented in the game I doubt ED will put much thought into an F-16 module and frankly I'd consider those features more important than the actual module anyway, especially since they can apply to other aircraft or the sim as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, if ED released and F-16 module today I'd buy it anyway, but since I only play single player I'd be asking why I'm spending money (because I would be spending the money) on a product I can get better elsewhere and for free. Put simply, I doubt ED wants to release a substandard module especially when they can focus their efforts in more productive areas; I think they are making the smarter move here.

If you review all post (from Russian forum)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1996107#post1996107

you can see the person was reply that post was Skylark, ED team member, to a question from other forum member, NRG-Vampire.

Skykark was make in the past (he has ED team 3d Modeler) a F-16 external and internal model , but actually, ED has working on new F-16C and D.

From russian forum on post of Vacant models, actual 3D models in progress (confirmed by other ED team member, DGambo).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=7689

Remember, build a official module on DCS: W require a licence. ED can work on any module meanwhile that has not a licence product

If it's true I apologize for the mistake but I see a F-16C and D why not a F-16A or MLU who're the most distributed version of the F-16? :(

I'd like an F-16C but I doubt ED will do one knowing that people are going to compare it to a certain free mod in another sim until they have all the features in place to be able to compete with it on an even footing (they'd just be drawing attention to features of the other sim that they don't have yet). Until AG radar, new FLIR and dynamic campaigns are implemented in the game I doubt ED will put much thought into an F-16 module and frankly I'd consider those features more important than the actual module anyway, especially since they can apply to other aircraft or the sim as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, if ED released and F-16 module today I'd buy it anyway, but since I only play single player I'd be asking why I'm spending money (because I would be spending the money) on a product I can get better elsewhere and for free. Put simply, I doubt ED wants to release a substandard module especially when they can focus their efforts in more productive areas; I think they are making the smarter move here.

That's correct. People complain that the ED is ignoring them with the F-16 but I say it's the opposite: They want to offer a great and outstanding quality Viper that don't even allow any third party to develop it. Maybe they're afraid to announce it because people would want release dates and in this point they have so much work that they don't want any compromises. I even remember that Wags said that people's reactions to the multiples delays of the Hornet have made them been more prudent about future releases

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

That's exactly the point, 7rooper :thumbup:

It would be my dream to fly one time the F-16C in DCS in the same level like the A-10C. But I am sure that ED waits with an official statement until a release date can be estimated.

But first there are many others projects in the foreground: DCS F/A-18, the carrier ops, A/G radar, dynamic campaign.

If it's true I apologize for the mistake but I see a F-16C and D why not a F-16A or MLU who're the most distributed version of the F-16? :(

Because it might be the one they have information on, regardless of which is most used or more capable etc.

For me;

I think it does not matter as long as they stick to one specific versions and they don't do the amalgam others have done...but, ironically enough, that would be accurate with some F-16. So if we get it or not. If it is an A model block 1 or a A model block 20. A block 30 or 52, PGM capable or not. I would even enjoy the YF-16. :joystick: Is it going to happen? :dunno:

N

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The F-16 is rather overdone in simulations. I'd like to see more aircraft that have rarely or never been simulated before. [...]

I totally agree! I want something new. I've flown the F-16 so many hours now in Falcon that I would rather fly other birds here that I haven't flown before.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think the most important thing is to settle with what we've got. I believe F/A-18C will be the benchmark in DCS, and I'm sure ED won't disappoint.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

i don't really want a f-16 in DCS, for one it's unnecessary and two it's just rude.

there are plenty of other planes that haven't been done by other sims (cough) that are ready to get their time in the limelight, some of them for the first time. i'd rather have those in the game, even if i wasn't personally interested in them, just for variety's sake.

besides, the game doesn't need more AMRAAM carrying american fighters. with the addition of the hornet it'll have enough. so if you're going to do the f-16 ED, please at least do the F-16A and then really fill in the theater and campaign and stuff.

Edited by Cik

we need more rotor wing, but i do agree i wish the su25-A was a full fidelity module which su25sm. Or any other of the russian birds. F-16 i think it would do great things in dcs world but im looking at the 5 meter tgt and that is the f18c. Look more forward to that honestly. Carrier operations will open up a whole new realm in Dcs World.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

we need more rotor wing, but i do agree i wish the su25-A was a full fidelity module which su25sm. Or any other of the russian birds. F-16 i think it would do great things in dcs world but im looking at the 5 meter tgt and that is the f18c. Look more forward to that honestly. Carrier operations will open up a whole new realm in Dcs World.

We have already a lot of rotor wing and there are some in progress (Gazelle, BO105, etc) For Aeronavale I prefer the F-14 or the F4 who're having a true war story than the F-18. The F-14 was one of my favorite aircraft and I hope that Leatherneck will release an incredible one

i don't really want a f-16 in DCS, for one it's unnecessary and two it's just rude.

there are plenty of other planes that haven't been done by other sims (cough) that are ready to get their time in the limelight, some of them for the first time. i'd rather have those in the game, even if i wasn't personally interested in them, just for variety's sake.

besides, the game doesn't need more AMRAAM carrying american fighters. with the addition of the hornet it'll have enough. so if you're going to do the f-16 ED, please at least do the F-16A and then really fill in the theater and campaign and stuff.

Ya know it's funny...there's only ONE American Fighter in DCS. Just about everything else is Soviet or European. seems to me you're afraid of competition.

I think people are afraid of the F-16 because it is a very capable strike platform AND fighter. Right now if I want to fly a strike mission in an American aircraft, I can chose from the A-10...or the A-10. Fun if you have Air Superiority, but slow easy targets for people flying FC3 Su-27s and Mig-29s...but great for their egos. Imagine the bruised egos if the strike platform could effectively fight back...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Ya know it's funny...there's only ONE American Fighter in DCS. Just about everything else is Soviet or European. seems to me you're afraid of competition.

I think people are afraid of the F-16 because it is a very capable strike platform AND fighter. Right now if I want to fly a strike mission in an American aircraft, I can chose from the A-10...or the A-10. Fun if you have Air Superiority, but slow easy targets for people flying FC3 Su-27s and Mig-29s...but great for their egos. Imagine the bruised egos if the strike platform could effectively fight back...

Pretty much this. I would love to do more A2A, but the current version of the F-15 (Unclickable cockpit, etc etc) just doesn't do it for me. So, if I want to fly an American aircraft, and enjoy it - I have to stick to the A-10C. The F-16 has long been my favorite fighter, ever since I can remember going to airshows and I would love for it to become a part of the DCS world.

• Like 1

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Does the F-16 do anything that the F/A-18 can't? I don't know much about either, but I thought they were multi-role fighters with fairly similar capabilities.

Both were developed during the LFX program. The YF -17 was the "loser" of the competition but the Navy eventually selected it to become the F-18. (In my opinion this was one of the greatest examples of military procurement done right in the history of aviation. 1 development program lead to TWO outstanding production aircraft.)

I think they both share pretty similar capabilities as far as weapons, performance etc...I believe the biggest difference is the F-16 had far more export operators than the F-18 and more diverse variations. In my opinion this is one reason the F-16 is such a good fit in DCS:. Also, with the straight of Hormuz map pending...many of the countries in that region flew the F-16 as well as the F-15. The UAE and Oman being the first to pop into mind. (Did Kuwait get some after GW 1?)

Sierra

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

there are plenty of other planes that haven't been done by other sims

Well to your first point, you don't have to buy it, money saved on your part so congratulations. For the second part, why is it rude? If other sims have made it so well already, they have nothing to fear from competition. Eagle Dynamics on the other hand should (and presumably are) be striving to make every DCS module the absolute best representation available to the public, regardless of whether other sims have made that aircraft or not. It doesn't matter how good BMS may have modeled the F-16, that is no reason for ED not to try and better it further and offer it to is in our sim of choice. Like it or not, the Falcon is a very popular jet, the demand is not going away... ever.

I do suspect (pure speculation) that ED is reserving it along with a few others maybe given none of the third parties have pounced on it. And that's fine by me as it means we'll likely have a superb F-16 in DCS down the line whether it be an C, MLU or even a Sufa, I'll be happy with any and all. For now however I am excited for the F-18, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an F-16 and a Russian jet announced after the Hornet is ready.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

You know what would be really fun? If someone just said "Screw it" and made an F-16XL. It would be an F-16, but the F-16 wishlisters would hate it because it's not a real F-16 :lol:

Viper drivers, I love you all and when an F-16 Block 40 and up comes to DCS I'll be there right with you, but seriously can we cut it with the "F-16NAO" threads every couple of weeks?

Beirut is not a war only a battle no aerial opposent in the air.

What has air opponents to do with it?

Both aircraft have A/G capability, and that's what they were there for.

As it happens, I was just casting out a line, and it's always nice to get a bite! :P

The story goes that the Mirages did some high-altitude reconaissance, then the F/A-18A's took some medium altitude snapshots and then the Buccaneers went shopping down the high street :)

I was incorrect, though - they were RAF S.2 Bucc's, not RN:

In 1983, six Buccaneer S.2s were sent to Cyprus to support British peacekeepers in Lebanon as a part of Operation Pulsator. On 11 September 1983, two of these aircraft flew low over Beirut, their presence intended to intimidate insurgents rather than inflict damage directly.
A little OT perhaps, but I get tired of the endless F/A-18 blabber in other themed threads.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Anyone would be up for an F-16 prior to block 20? or as Tirak, block 40 and up?

(just curious)

Give me an F-16A prior to the Block 15 standard. A Netz, even. Let's get nimble up in here.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

and a Russian jet announced after the Hornet is ready.

Hmmmmm...

Python what aircraft would that be? I'm picking my brain trying to figure what Russian bird would need ground mapping radar and coming up blank...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server