Gazelle Live Stream

Wags

• ED Team

Dear all,

On Sunday, April 10 at 1200 US Pacific Time, Polychop and I plan do to a Youtube livestream of the Gazelle. Next week we plan to move the Gazelle into test, and we think this is a great time to start showing off the near-final product. In addition to me trying my hand at flying the Gazelle, the Polychop team will be on chat to answer Gazelle questions posted in this thread.

https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCHa9LMylydkT0T3qSzAVrlw#tab=1

In addition to showing off the Gazelle, we will also be providing a first look at a massive texture overhaul DLC of the Caucasus map done by Starway. More information on this will be coming.

Please post your Gazelle questions here for Polychop.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Polychop Simulations

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will multicrew support be available at release?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Some questions on how the crewing works. From other posts/videos, it seems that weapons can only be fired from the left-seat aircraft commander position.

(1) In single-player (no multicrew), I assume that the AI pilot takes over at this point? If so, do we have to get to the aircraft in a stable hover before handing off to the AI pilot? Or will the AI pilot take over flight no matter what the state of the aircraft? Once we get to the aircraft commander seat, how much control do we have over how the AI pilot flies the aircraft? Can we tell it to come to a hover from a fast forward flight? Or vice versa?

(2) Conversely, if the player is occupying the pilot seat, can he/she give any instructions to the aircraft commander to fire? etc.

(3) If the player is sitting in the aircraft commander position, are the flight controls still active? I.e., pushing cycling etc.

Could you please provide details or at least a conceptual overview on how the recon mission will work? We've heard that there will be special support for the recon mission hard-coded into the Gazelle. Does this mean that, e.g., if a specific target is in the LOS of the Gazelle some event will be triggered?

EDIT: will the recon mission profile of the Gazelle only work if the mission editor creator specifically puts in triggers etc.? Or is it more general. E.g., can I just create a mission with a player Gazelle and an Apache and, say an enemy tank on the map and have the Gazelle spot for the Apache. E.g., I fly a Gazelle and if I see a target of interest I can somehow pass this information to the Apache (which will then "see" it the same time and the follow its on ROE or actions accordingly)? Or do I have to create a specific mission trigger that, when the player sees something, a task is pushed or a flag is set or something else that results in a change in the Apache AI behavior.

Edited by Bearfoot

1. Has a price for the Gazelle module been decided yet?, are you guy's having a pre-purchase for the module?

2. I noticed in the excellent start up video you released you mentioned a fully functional navigation system on the Gazelle, what functions will be available on the system?

3. Will there be an English cockpit option included in the module Special options tab in game?

This one for Wags if I may.....

Q. The new textures that are going to be shown, will these be part of the standard Caucasus map upgrade in 2.5 or a separate DLC? (This upgrade sounds awesome BTW :) ).

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

What is the maximun range of the HOT 3 missile?

Which sub variant of the gazelle will be added first post launch? SNEB? 20 mm? etc.

For Wags: Since you mention that the texture overhaul is a "DLC", does that mean that it is paid content?

Edited by Skjold

Have you worked with real life Gazelle pilots to make this module ?

Honestly, is there some systems that you are not able to put in the module compared to the real gazelle (by lack of information or other factors) ? If yes, what are those systems ?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks Matt and Polychop team to make this livestream, its a good idea !

Would you all go back under your rocks :D I kid, but nearly all these questions were answered in the last Q&A and over the last 3 years in the Gazelle thread

Q. Will the Gazelle be one of the modules able to support the Garmin Sat Nav add on thingy that's coming, and can it carry troops in the rear seats? (dropping off a JTAC to his observation position type mission)

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Will multicrew support be available at release?

I would also like to know more about multi-crew also.

will their be individual slots similar to the L-39 when viewing the multiplayer GUI?

if multi-seat functionality is limited, can you just sit as a passenger? (although i hope pilot and co-pilot HOT operator will have their respective functions)

but if multi-seat is not at release... will it be far down the road (years), or a few months after release.. (grateful for any status)

also asking (I hope) there will be coop campaigns, along with single player and multiplayer campaigns...

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I would also like to know more about multi-crew also.

will their be individual slots similar to the L-39 when viewing the multiplayer GUI?

if multi-seat functionality is limited, can you just sit as a passenger? (although i hope pilot and co-pilot HOT operator will have their respective functions)

also asking (I hope) there will be coop campaigns, along with single player and multiplayer campaigns...

+1 the multi-crew potential in this aircraft especially is very exciting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Will this be PFM Module?

What systems will be modeled and to what fidelity?

Thank You

all 3rd parties use EFM definition

pfm for ed/bst only currently

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

You've talked about field resupplying on a few occasions, and it is a very important part of operating the gazelle due to the very limited amount of HOT3 missiles you can carry. My question is has there / will there been any changes on your side that improves field resupplying, or is it going to essentially be the same options we have now?