Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update

Cobra847

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs should just never say anything about projects ever and just suddenly release a product.

That way, the community won´t tear them to shreds and Q.Q about the release date.

You didn´t have a DCS:F-14 3 years ago so what´s a few more years.

The most patient of communities has always been the flight sim community, but this seems to be reversed for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

And now is the Fighter Year(s)...

Stay patient, by Christmas 2016 you guys will be missing the turkey because of all the awesome planes you got to fly around in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Devs should just never say anything about projects ever and just suddenly release a product.

That way, the community won´t tear them to shreds and Q.Q about the release date.

You didn´t have a DCS:F-14 3 years ago so what´s a few more years.

The most patient of communities has always been the flight sim community, but this seems to be reversed for DCS.

That's because most people playing DCS are youngins getting their call of duty fix in the sky.

• Like 1

That's because most people playing DCS are youngins getting their call of duty fix in the sky.

I don't think people are less patient, it's more a matter of access to information. People can actually ask the developers a question and get an answer - that's not common in other entertainment industries from what I've heard or experienced.

Because people can ask...they do ask. Hence they look impatient. That's how it looks to me at least. :)

-Nick

I, for one, am just freakishly impatient because the DCS environment offers unprecedented fidelity for combat aircraft.

Of course we never had a full real Tomcat and I could wait another 5 years.

But knowing it's gonna come changes everything.

It is my firm belief that if ED could become more proficient in containing bugs and making a more stable netcode, this platform has the potential of becoming the best combat sim there ever was and will be.

Because of it's modular setup, wherein airframes and maps can be added from 3rd party devs, DCS can become a giant among combat sims few could ever compete with on a realistic level.

But in it's greatest advantage also lies it's weak point.

Only a tough bunch of followers commit to this sort of thing. Plowing through a manual and training for weeks before becoming proficiant in an airframe is not for everyone, so not everyone will pay 50€ for a single aircraft, which is why I imagine ED(or 3rd party devs) don't have myriad employees to get stuff done quicker.

Understandable of course, but I still can't wait to study and fly the next airframe DCS will have to offer :)

And BTW, modern warfare 2 was the last good CoD. That phase is done for me.

I have a 250GB SSD. The only thing installed is DCS, IL2BoS,Cliffs of Dover and Falcon BMS.

I have utterly no time for other games :D

I don't agree with this, I think the stereotypical 'Call of Duty' crowd would be driven away by the concept of DCS. The pull for me in DCS is the concept of getting as close as possible to flying incredible aircraft which a poor student pilot like me can only dream of doing otherwise. The F-14 - an aviation icon I might add - is probably the epitome of what most pilots think of as a "fighter" due to Top Gun. So no wonder that people are chomping at the bit to get their hands on it, I think actually its a testimony to what the MiG-21 did for Leatherneck that a few mere renders of a Tomcat sent us into meltdown.

In terms of the DCS crowd being impatient I would agree, however I would also argue that we have a reason to be so impatient. I for one originally started on FS2004 and then FSX and spent a genuinely concerning amount of money trying to get the most accurate flight simulation possible. Now fast forward a few years and FSX is uninstalled and the licence keys long buried in emails and DCS is my sole flight sim. A-10C was a revelation for the flight sim community, as was MiG-21 and I'm sure F-14 will be too, so I think its very fair for us to be impatient (while courteous to devs of course, and some do cross that line once in a while).

Just my two cents...

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

When you know that all your Christmases will be coming at once with the release of the F-14, it is almost impossible not to be impatient.

However, as the devs are only human, and like the rest of us, subject to the rules of the universe, especially the inexorable passage of time, and there being a mere 24 hours in each and every day, like it or not, we will just have to wait - unless DCS Time machine is released in the meantime.

Agony isn't it!

The last time you doubted me was on New Years' Eve. ;)

LMAO!!! The man does have a point!! However, if you do miss Cobra, we will find you and ride you like horse!! ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals