[NOT REALISTIC] Does Viper has doule 120c rack?

nthere

Ah you need one of these, unfortunately it only does 350 knots and can only climb to 10000ft.

58d708cb2fb27f824b77ba5d7b5c1a52.jpg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Ah you need one of these, unfortunately it only does 350 knots and can only climb to 10000ft.

58d708cb2fb27f824b77ba5d7b5c1a52.jpg

Fine with me. It's still faster and can climb higher than my A-10C with my standard loadout :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

For these reasons I seriously wish that ED would implement a fee for a multiplayer in DCS. Every aircraft costs nominal 5€ fee. And a virtual pilot life costs 10€.

Now, if you damage or destroy your aircraft, you need to pay 5€ to get a new license to fly.

If your virtual life is lost (your virtual pilot dies) then you need to pay 10€ license to get back to online.

Now, lets see how many still wants those 6 missiles or more for air quake....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Extreme measures to reduce wing flex.

That is true. I guess “droop and snap” kind of prevents any flexing from taking place. :P

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Do any of the SCLs for the Viper show it with more than 2 AMRAAMs?

Are there any photos of operational (rather than demonstration) sorties with more than 4 AMRAAMs?

Don`t ask thing like this in a pc flighsim board… the only thing that counts are kills. More = better. They do not care that in RL 50 CBU´s are dropped to destroy 10 vehicles… or if intel works bad 0 kills… :D They make 20 kills with one bomb and fight 10 aircraft at once ;)

• Like 1

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

Now Viper only can have 6 120c,it is not enought

You are right, it is not enough to spam in airborne multiplayer clone of CallofDuty.

That is why they made the "Ace Combat" games.

The "missile truck" aircraft doctrine was tried once, very briefly, because it it no use at all in practical situations.

Missiles are heavy

Missiles are expensive

Enemy aircraft do not arrive in spam-ready clouds, nor do they cooperate with your targetting efforts

You gonna dogfight with half your AMRAMMs left? Not very well you arent.

No, packing fighters with tens of AAMs is not currently any use in the modern world.

Pictures of Hornets carrying 10+ AMRAAMS are almost exclusively marketing/advertising/demonstration flights that are not combat oriented.

• Thanks 1

Two MRM, two SRM and that's it. Then you get couple bombs or maybe AGM.

You are anyways there just few minutes and need to be able fly back to home. And you have fuel to fly on location, fly there few minutes and then back home. So your afterburner time is very limited.

Based to the original interview from Israel striking Iran nuclear plant meant that even at that time F-16 wasn't designed to drop fuel tanks midflight. And there was high risk that empty tanks would collide with aircraft.

Similar thing with F-111 etc.

So when you get to dog fight, you wouldn't be dropping anything with your heavy load, and you can't be there guiding your missiles against good pilot.

The DCS is completely missing few important ground units and communications etc that make missile trucks obsolete.

Yes, F-16 is more than capable of carrying double racks, some of those single pylons f16 carry 2000lb bombs, so it is not a performance issue. Some of the future versions of the F16 does have that.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Yes, F-16 is more than capable of carrying double racks, some of those single pylons f16 carry 2000lb bombs, so it is not a performance issue. Some of the future versions of the F16 does have that.

Fancy F21 Marketing Video =/= The F16CM blk.50 we have in game. And as the previous posters have said, such a big loadout of missiles only hinders you in anything but an air quake environment.

• Like 2

Fancy F21 Marketing Video =/= The F16CM blk.50 we have in game. And as the previous posters have said, such a big loadout of missiles only hinders you in anything but an air quake environment.

More missiles always have advantages and AAMs are not 2000lb in weight. Unlike what everyone says missiles does not have 90% hit ratio in practical situations. It is always good to have a sensible amount of missiles in hand.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Bring a wingman instead.

• Like 2

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

More missiles always have advantages and AAMs are not 2000lb in weight. Unlike what everyone says missiles does not have 90% hit ratio in practical situations. It is always good to have a sensible amount of missiles in hand.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Now Viper only can have 6 120c,it is not enought

Then choose an F-15C if you need more spamramms. The Viper is not an air-superiority fighter.

Unlike what everyone says missiles does not have 90% hit ratio in practical situations.

They can approach that if they're deployed correctly i.e. launched closer to RNE than RMax. That however requires (a) patience and (b) tactics.

It is always good to have a sensible amount of missiles in hand.

The "sensible" amount determined by the USAF for the F-16C Block 50 was six i.e. STA1/2/3/7/8/9. Each on single-rail launchers.

That fancy YT video? Means squat unless it's been flight-tested. Sure it looks cool but the drag ratio will cripple performance... I'm guessing that's a CATIII loadout? Plus it's not an F-16C Block 50 so wtf do we even care?

• Like 5

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

Drag is often more the issue than weight. Drag makes you bleed energy more and reduces performance, and with multi-missile launchers when you fire the missiles you are left with the launcher. A heavy multiple missile load out may be useful in limited scenarios (shooting down waves of bombers) but that is a rare event.

The concept of a heavy missile armed fighter was tried by the USN on a couple of occasions (Douglas F6D and F-111B) and neither idea progressed to an operational fighter.

• Like 1

I dont know how to break it to you, but the aircraft in that video is CGI? Its *not* a real aircraft and may never be.

Its an advert, obviously demonstrating various options. So yeah, maybe a triple-rack will maybe one day be available for an aircraft that is *not* an F16C. But you might also notice that even the CGI not-F16C is only packing 8 AMRAAMs, only one extra pair.

• Like 1

Then choose an F-15C if you need more spamramms.

The Eagle? With just 8 missiles? Poor choice! The Hornet will give you the ultimative SPAMRAAM kick with its 12 missile loadout! :pilotfly:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

F-21 instead F-16.... Big big difference, as that is like making F-22/F-35 backported to F-16 fuselage.

Better you wait for the F-15X (Advanced Eagle) which is said to carry more than 20 Air/Air Missiles

Why are they developing something there is no need for?

Tornado3 small.jpg