Updates look exciting

Harlikwin

Tws looks good. Data link looks good.

Looks like we also get the centerline tank.

Any word on if they fixed/added various bugs with the AA modes too? Id loke to be able to switch missiles with a button press on the hotas as an example.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For me the one little bug that drives me nuts is not being able to use switch modes in the joystick control panel. I use it in all modules to double functions but for some reason it does not want to recognise a mode switch for the viper.

Apart from that this OB is going to be fun. I have all i need now to use the f16 a looooot more in MP.

Exterior Lights, Too...

Squadron guys will be happy for that one.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The MSL STEP button is also fixed, I believe. Wags mentioned in a comment under the TWS video on the Facebook post, I think.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

How about improving readability of MFDs?
I think they improved the readability. The symbology definitely looks more readable in the TWS and Datalink videos. At least to me.
Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

How about improving readability of MFDs?

yeah this is also very important

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It seems that the Link16 of F16 is more advanced! You can see from the screen who's radar locked on who! Better than F18

Very much hope then that ED will improve the Hornet Datalink - if I understood the Viper datalink video correctly you could set up different flight frequencies etc. This would be so very useful in MP.

You can see from the screen who's radar locked on who! Better than F18

Yes but I believe it only shows that between your own flight's members. Still very handy.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Very much hope then that ED will improve the Hornet Datalink - if I understood the Viper datalink video correctly you could set up different flight frequencies etc. This would be so very useful in MP.

Meanwhile that funtionality has not been implemented yet, that has show on the MIDS / TGT Data (Group) page the diferent frecuency channels, to configurate on the D/L botton.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

if I understood the Viper datalink video correctly you could set up different flight frequencies etc. This would be so very useful in MP.

I wouldn't expect that - Wags didn't show us or explain how the frequency setup worked and, going on past history, that normally means it's not functional. It'll probably be the same as the Hornet's, where it takes the flight setup from the mission editor to create the flights.

It seems that the Link16 of F16 is more advanced! You can see from the screen who's radar locked on who! Better than F18

Or is it just that the f18 doesnt have this implemented yet?

I wouldn't expect that - Wags didn't show us or explain how the frequency setup worked and, going on past history, that normally means it's not functional. It'll probably be the same as the Hornet's, where it takes the flight setup from the mission editor to create the flights.

Likely true for the time being.

Everything planned for the update sounds really good. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, but I hope gets fixed is the cursors for the tgp & hud are out of sync.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals