DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

OMG....

I cant beleive the people here Crying about the WIP.. yes its not done yet !!

they give us some yummie images to keep us going not to have you guys crying that its this ir its that...

Huge thanks to ED for letting me see where you are with this I"m looking forward to it for sure.. .

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

…..

Also, I'm sure it's been stated before, but which carrier is it going to be?

Will be 5 I believe, start of the modular construction, #'s 71-75.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Looks amazing, it will be a real dream come true!

I was just wondering - willl these people be static, and players would have to move around them, or will they move dynamically, and perhaps out of the plane's way?

Also, I'm sure it's been stated before, but which carrier is it going to be?

see https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3948720&postcount=201

JL-khGrzoY4

Cheers.

a great day for virtual Naval Aviation, when this bad boy is released.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The superstructure has bulbs configured in a "71" Shape, maybe that'll change or they'll change/remove the CVN-74 stencils on the deck crew vests.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3962602&postcount=4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

One thing I sincerely hope happens is when the DCS:Theodore Roosevelt is released is they change the livery of the free carrier to The Nimitz, Eisenhower or Carl Vinson. It would prevent confusion when Free Carriers and Paid Carriers are mixed together in the same mission since the Stennis should be included as a paid module livery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Nobody is whining, and I'm not threatening ED in any way other than voting with my wallet and the wallets of 80+ pilots in my organization.

I'm simply stating that if a paid-for module of the boat is not able to be parked upon in a decent fashion. Meaning that parking locations on the deck are able to be used in the appropriate way without people spawning on top of each other, as is the way on every other airbase in DCS, then I will not be making it a required module for CVW-11.

It's not a threat, it's not meant to be a threat, and it should not be taken as anything other than simply a statement of fact. But I can promise you that I'm not alone in this and the other online organizations are likely thinking the very same thing I am about module requirements for their groups. I want the sim to thrive, not to be at odds with the community. I want to support the sim with my wallet, I throw it at the screen regularly. I have no interest in flying P-51's or FW-190's, But I damn well have purchased them to support ED because I enjoy the sim in its entirety.

That is all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

You say grow up to me while you're the one (of many) whining. Nice joke. :megalol:

I'll say it again: if you don't agree with the way ED communicates, or does things, you're not obligated to buy any of their products. Simple as that.

It's not whining if I'm the costumer you little boypussy. ED has all my money to lose. I have nothing.

One thing I sincerely hope happens is when the DCS:Theodore Roosevelt is released is they change the livery of the free carrier to The Nimitz, Eisenhower or Carl Vinson. It would prevent confusion when Free Carriers and Paid Carriers are mixed together in the same mission since the Stennis should be included as a paid module livery.

Having two ships of the same name (Stennis) will be confusing. I hope your idea is at least considered by the Powers That Be.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Even is Stennis is retained for the current ship, you can still select other carrier to be something else with both name and the unique textures based on what ED said they were planning. I think it is far too early to discuss such details, we simply don't know much at this time.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Lets hope we get to see a video demo soon

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Lets hope we get to see a video demo soon
Yeah. I read Glowing amraam is supposed to put one together when development on the Carrier module has reached a satisfactory stage.

Looking forward to that and early access release.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Will the carrier be able to turn into the wind for take off and recovery?

Same question here.

As the previous announcements saying, the ED will add ship control function for the carrier, so the ship control is very necessary suppose to be a helm and compass navigation system to match the action that turn into the wind.

Reading in newsletter:

Combined Arms support for steering the carrier and using weapons.

There is my question:

User without Combined Arms who owns Supercarrier module has no access to take control the ship?

I'm sorry for that I have no intention to buy CA due to no interest in Army and ground engagement, so I don't believe that is fair for Supercarrier owners unable to control the ship due to no Combined Arms.