Failure Simulation

Tiramisu

The JF-17 is supposed to be a cheap aircraft, so probably in real life it is not very reliable. I.e. failures might be an important aspect for this aircraft, which is why I wonder how realistic system and engine failures are simulated for the JF-17.

I know that by default the chance of failures in DCS is usually very small, but mission creators could try to use realistic probability values for the available aircraft failures.

From news or RL report, JF-17 is reliable and underestimated.

We have simulated 200+ failures, you can check them in ME failure list by setting skill level 'player'.

Note: not all failures are correctly bind to DM cell so far, we have to wait the DM model got done.

Edited by L0op8ack

The JF-17 is supposed to be a cheap aircraft, so probably in real life it is not very reliable.

Jumping to conclusion is always great, ain't it? :thumbup:

I658M9v.png

(source)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

There is a big difference between "inexpensive" and "cheap" when talking about things like the JF-17. It is absolutely a cheaper aircraft in terms of unit cost when compared to much, much more expensive aircraft like the later F-16 versions and the like but that doesn't really mean that it will automatically have reliability issues.

The JF-17 is supposed to be a cheap aircraft, so probably in real life it is not very reliable. I.e. failures might be an important aspect for this aircraft, which is why I wonder how realistic system and engine failures are simulated for the JF-17.

I know that by default the chance of failures in DCS is usually very small, but mission creators could try to use realistic probability values for the available aircraft failures.

MIG21 is cheap, but did you know what`s the turn around time and how that engine perform in most demanding time in combat ? :lol::lol:

do not assume:drink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

It is not "cheap". It is less expensive than other options. That's two different things.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Haha, if they modelled realistic failure rates on aircraft in DCS I hope you enjoy cold starting 3 aircraft to get one going.

If you want to model your biases about non-western aircraft accurately, just slide up the fault percentages in the editor yourself..

From news or RL report, JF-17 is reliable and underestimated.

Hmm... that is interesting. I guess even the devs might be surprised how reliable the JF-17 is. :D

Edit: The reason for my assumption was not that I am biased against non-western aircraft whatsoever. I just secretly hoped to get an unreliable aircraft with interesting quirks.

Edited by Tiramisu