bomb, bomb away...

DTWD

I am sure I am missing a key option here. I am currently practising with the A10 with several different bomb load outs, but everytime (seemingly) I drop a bomb I drop two. I don't tend to notice it when I am flying but when I swing round for another pass I find I am missing bombs all together.

Whenever I fire missles I fire one so I assume it's not a double press issue, or a misconfigoration on my x52 so I am assuming there is a release count option somewhere?

Any ideas?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am sure I am missing a key option here. I am currently practising with the A10 with several different bomb load outs, but everytime (seemingly) I drop a bomb I drop two. I don't tend to notice it when I am flying but when I swing round for another pass I find I am missing bombs all together.

Whenever I fire missles I fire one so I assume it's not a double press issue, or a misconfigoration on my x52 so I am assuming there is a release count option somewhere?

Any ideas?

ARMAMENT CONTROL PANEL (ACP)

The Armament control panel is located in the lower left corner of the instrument panel.

The ACP is intended for ordnance selection, setting weapon release options, and an indication of

a weapon’s current state.

2s84mxs.png

Using the Release Mode knob, you can choose the release mode for unguided bombs [shift-Space], including: SGL – single release bomb mode at the release pulse, PRS – pairs release 3-60: Armament Control Panel

mode that drops two bombs per release pulse, RIP PRS – ripple pairs release mode that drops pairs of bombs drop a release pulse, RIP SGL – ripple single release mode drops multiple bombs one at a time during the release pulse. In a ripple release mode you can choose the number of bombs per pickle with the [Ctrl-Space] key. The number that will be released is indicated

on the numeric indicator in the left part of the ACP. You may also set the interval (time) between each weapon drop. This allows you determine the distance between bomb impacts. To increase release interval, press the [V] key, and press the [shift-V] key to shorten it. The select interval setting can be seen on the numeric display on the lower right portion of the ACP. Release interval is indi-cated as milliseconds between release pulses with a maximum setting of five milliseconds. In the upper right corner of the ACP is the gun fire rate switch and counter of the remaining rounds.

The weapon state indicators show weapons availability on each weapon station and weapon readiness state. Two upper green indicators indicate the number of weapons on that station. Both indicators are lit when there are two or more weapons loaded on that station. If only one

weapon is loaded on the station, then one indicator will be lit. If the station is empty, one lower, red indicator is lit. The active weapon and loaded weapons are indicated as selected when the left indicator on the

ower row is lit. Switching between weapon types will correspondingly select other weapon stations.

f4457m.png

Copied from the FC manual have fun :thumbup:

• Like 1

GAU-8/A Avenger / PGU-14/B API / PGU-13/B HEI/ LAU-68 rocket pods / 2× AIM-9 Sidewinders / 2× AGM-65 Maverick / 4× Mk20 Rockeye / ALQ-131 ECM / Two General Electric TF34-GE-100 turbofans

Many thanks.

I have to admit to not looking through the manual yet, although half the time the problem with a manual is you need to know what your looking for to find out how to do it.

You need to sleep with the manual :smartass:

GAU-8/A Avenger / PGU-14/B API / PGU-13/B HEI/ LAU-68 rocket pods / 2× AIM-9 Sidewinders / 2× AGM-65 Maverick / 4× Mk20 Rockeye / ALQ-131 ECM / Two General Electric TF34-GE-100 turbofans