V-1 and V-2 rockets?

baboeska

There are mods of them, but I doubt they will make some for the assets pack.

I’ve seen only the V1 mod by Suntsag .. cant find the V-2, have a link?

Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I suppose we are only discussing the V1 and V2 in their "role" as ground targets. That's not much more exciting than attacking a rocket launcher battery.

Airborne, the V1 could be downed by a fast fighter like the Tempest if we had them available, and that might be fun. The V2 however was a ballistic missile and could not be intercepted.

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I made a V2 but it's not functional so...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191782

Thanks for the link, will give it a try to see if it can be destroyed and thus used as a target :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

But it'd be really interesting to see what an F-15C could do there. Or an Su-27.

Or a Sabre / MiG-15. Which is not *that* far removed from late war prototypes.

Especially the V-1 would be really interesting.

The V-2 would be un-interceptable, except maybe during launching.

Not sure if we have suitable SAM's in-game for ballistic missile interception.

Or even suitable aerodynamic modelling for ballistic missiles.

• Like 1

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

:) nice ! .. where can I get one? :)

• 2 years later...

Bumping this in case there have been any updates - have not seen any word on whether ED plans to ever make the V-1 launch ramps actually launch the rocket. 

I am currently using SCUDs as stand-ins for V-2s.  Work well enough for my purpose, though I'd love them to add function V-1 and V-2 rockets.  I was hoping for the V-1 that I could force Silkworms to fire at a point, but that seems to be not possible in my testing thusfar.  Any other ideas?  I was thinking maybe I could get a DDG sunk into the ground and have it fire Tomahawks instead?  Would still look ridiculous, but my goal is to create a number of rocket sites that periodically bombard towns - there is an entire system for tracking damage, and BLUFOR and REDFOR earning rewards periodically for the status of the towns, which they can then spend to spawn more assets (bombers, launchers, CAP, etc). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Considering the Channel Map covers at least 2 major (albeit planned) V-2 installations (though neither are present), and numerous V-1 launch sites, it would be good to get them both.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 minute ago, Northstar98 said:

Considering the Channel Map covers at least 2 major (albeit planned) V-2 installations (though neither are present), and numerous V-1 launch sites, it would be good to get them both.

V-2 Sites, never used by Allied Bombings.
Mimoyecques-Eperlecques-Wizernes_map.png

Blockhaus d'Éperlecques

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockhaus_d'Éperlecques

La Coupole
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Coupole

Other V Weapons, never operative
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_of_Mimoyecques

V-1 Sites
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb_facilities

44 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

V-2 Sites, never used by Allied Bombings.

That's why I said "(albeit planned)" 🙂

44 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

And all 3 were major targets of the Allied Operation Crossbow campaign against the V-weapon sites (which is probably why they were never used), and the Channel map is basically perfect for them.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Surely even if they’d become operational these facilities would have been subject to round the clock bombing. The completed bunkers may have been practically impervious to conventional bombs but the surrounding infrastructure would’ve been pulverised rendering them useless. Huge waste of resources.

Edited by Mogster

53 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

I guess the V3 site might have been problematic if there had been an opportunity to store large quantities of projectiles in underground magazines 

I can see if one of these places became operational for a time it seems they probably would have withstood conventional bombs. However the rockets would need fuel and the workers still need food and somewhere to live.

Interesting pieces of history though, they remind me of the long range artillery that could attack the British coast from France.

• 1 month later...

The thing is, the German Army (V-2/A4 was Heer/Army development and operation, as opposed to the Luftwaffe's V-1) wasn't completely crazy and following Crossbow switched to small, easier deployed mobile launch sites - basically the precursor of current-day TELs.

e2685bcf6936a3bab64f9afe97e6df14.png

Just need the Transporter/Erector, fuel bowser, control truck and a relatively small crew. In and out in about 2 hours total. 

see http://www.v2platform.nl/book/loosduinen.html for more infrastructure and layout specifics. 

(I must check my library again, as I believe Most Secret War by R.V. Jones has a picture of such a mobile site in the middle of a crossroad in The Hague...)

Operational use did not start until the first week of September 1944. 
There were several elements of Batterie 444 active in the Netherlands, most famously in Wassenaar/The Hague, Hook of Holland, and surrounding areas, but also (and less used - about 20% of launches later in the war) in the Eastern parts of the country beyond Zwolle targeting the Southern targets like Antwerp.

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...