Harrier turbine randomly not spooling

Mars Exulte

Following normal power up procedures, the APU will spool up, but intermittently the turbine will not. I originally thought this was over sensitivity with the random system failures, but after some flights with it disabled, it still does it.

Usually, spawning a new plane will yield a successful start.

I'm not sure what other information to provide, as it's not related to any specific mission or circumstance, nor does it do it in any predictable pattern. Usually it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Not Harrier related. Throttle acting up.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Check the AV8BNA Pocket Guide.pdf located in your install folders.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Doc

Look at page 7 item 7. The Throttle Cutoff Lever is hidden between the parking brake and throttle.

@Redeye Yes, I'm aware of the fuel cutoff. You're not going to accidentally hit it since the start up procedure doesn't involve anything remotely near the throttle.

@Maverick As I said, it's not reliably reproducible. I'll try to find a track of it doing it, or otherwise record it. Will update asap

-edit

Not related, but the master caution does not always come on like it should, and frequently sounds/fx persist from one session to the next

track of no master caution, still trying to get it to the do the turbine failure again

-edit

Turbine failure uploaded

In the track, I checked my switches, switched it off, attempted restart, still fails. I checked my throttle was at zero before the second attempt.

The first series of tests, I was relaunching the mission repeatedly, and it was always successful. I closed the game, and relaunched DCS the second round of tests, on this attempt the turbine failed to start. So it may be a "it does or it doesn't" sort of thing.

NoMasterCaution.trk

Turbine Failure.trk

Edited by zhukov032186

The next time you get this make sure that the throttle is at the furthest back cut-off position and not idle, simply moving the throttle forward is enough to leave the cut-off position and will inhibit the engine start cycle until you use the cut-off lever to bring it all the way back.

edited for incorrect

possibly throttle jitter causing the throttle to move? I will investigate more closely

-edit

Confirmed, in the track I uploaded, for some reason or other, the throttle is slightly forward. Not sure what specifically is causing that, but it's not a "glitch" anyway. Retracting report.

Edited by zhukov032186