Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 19 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #181
JokerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
We are entering into a complete revamp of the Damage Model, so you can probably relax just a bit

The current Damage model worked fine for the Black Shark and A-10, as things have evolved and changed, the DM has started to show its age, we know this, and here we are, heading towards a new DM.

This is very welcome and particularly for the WW2 experience which, though not exclusivley, is very much a rivet counting close combat experience.

That ED green lite this info to go out is the take away I am most encouraged by as it bodes well for broader expectations of the future of DCS WW2.

S!
JokerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #182
Falcoblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerMan View Post
This is very welcome and particularly for the WW2 experience which, though not exclusivley, is very much a rivet counting close combat experience.

That ED green lite this info to go out is the take away I am most encouraged by as it bodes well for broader expectations of the future of DCS WW2.

S!

That this is very welcome especially in view of WW2 there is no doubt, but it would be equally welcome to have news on a possible release date or at least see some image to realize what it is ...

Considering the fact that the months pass and in fact we have not seen anything yet, this new DM is an essential thing for the WW2 in DCS if we really want to give that turn to this sector that we all want...

Falcoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #183
KorovaMB

I so can't wait for this. Looking forward to the next update.
KorovaMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #184
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorovaMB View Post
I so can't wait for this. Looking forward to the next update.
"An early version has now been submitted to ED internal testers." - ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194540

That was in October 2017!. Nearly 12 months later now and it really doesn't feel like this is ever going to see the light of day, unfortunately.
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #185
Ala13_ManOWar

Too many open fronts I guess. But hope we see this sooner than later, together with 3D models updates apparently being worked on, plus new P-47 and Mosquito, plus new assets units, plus current bugs corrected, plus… well, maybe there really are too many fronts already opened after all, and that's talking about WWII era only.

S!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:59 AM   #186
Magic Zach

I distantly recall reading somewhere that some people working on the Yak are now starting to transition to the work on improving the damage models. If this is true...are these the same guys who also did the damage model on the Yak-52?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #187
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
I distantly recall reading somewhere that some people working on the Yak are now starting to transition to the work on improving the damage models. If this is true...are these the same guys who also did the damage model on the Yak-52?
The DM on the Yak hasn't been finished yet (so I know what you are setting up there), developers are resources, as a project is finished, resources come available for other projects.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #188
OLD CROW

Great news. I guess developers surely know what to do, when has to be done & how to do it, but in my opinion ( and I'm talking from my own experience as a virtual pilot not as a software developer) the main issue I've noticed is not the visual damage yo can see in your opponent while you're rolling, diving, checking your 6 for another threats,.... it is that the damage you inflicted to the opponent is not linked, slaved,... to its A/C lack of performance. I cutted several times the rudder and/or the ailerons of a 109 and it can perform HammerHeads as a fresh one, or a 109, 190, can cut half wing of the Spitfire and you can perform tight turns or even aileron, barrel rolls to evade them.

If They/You fix both issues visual / A/C performance in the same shot would be the best news. Otherwise I choose the performance as the first priority. All my support for the developers in this huge workload and many thanks for the huge work already done.
OLD CROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #189
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD CROW View Post
Great news. I guess developers surely know what to do, when has to be done & how to do it, but in my opinion ( and I'm talking from my own experience as a virtual pilot not as a software developer) the main issue I've noticed is not the visual damage yo can see in your opponent while you're rolling, diving, checking your 6 for another threats,.... it is that the damage you inflicted to the opponent is not linked, slaved,... to its A/C lack of performance. I cutted several times the rudder and/or the ailerons of a 109 and it can perform HammerHeads as a fresh one, or a 109, 190, can cut half wing of the Spitfire and you can perform tight turns or even aileron, barrel rolls to evade them.

If They/You fix both issues visual / A/C performance in the same shot would be the best news. Otherwise I choose the performance as the first priority. All my support for the developers in this huge workload and many thanks for the huge work already done.

thats not quite true oldcrow...while the 109 can keep flying with an aileron missing...it definitely CANNOT with the rudder missing. it will enter a spin that u cant recover. its the only plane which has this behaviour btw...but every dcs 109 pilot will confirm...rudder missing means bail out or die.
birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #190
VII.Racetrack

Eagle Dynamics add new planes, new trees and new rain effects.
Meanwhile the Damage Model and the Spotting System are a shame.

2 of the most important part of a combat flight simulator are left behind, since years.
YEARS

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.
VII.Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote