Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

So, silly question... If one were to have a cobra M5, and wanted to buy a Gunfighter base and keep using the M5 grip whilst awaiting, say, an MCG, or space grip... Where does one find the adaptor?

Z...

I also own a BM + Cobra grip.

The WT adapter could also be used with the Cobra grip for the Gunfighter but we would still need a metal connector and VKB can't offer such adapters for only a bunch of users (as it's CNC parts).

Also the new connector part for the Cobra grip should be perfectly stable to avoid breaking the grip while using it.

A DIY modification of the WT adapter could be possible but probably a one way trip.

Let's hope the MCG will be there soon!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such adapter would have to be produced according to VKB HQ, and frankly, there doesn't seem to be enough demand to warrant a production run. Also, the adapter would cost $40, and the basic MCG $99 - and offers a lot more off the bat.

But of course I get it - the Cobra grip offers a few more buttons than the KG12 default Gunfighter grip, and the MCG isn't here yet... what to do...

I also own a BM + Cobra grip.

The WT adapter could also be used with the Cobra grip for the Gunfighter but we would still need a metal connector and VKB can't offer such adapters for only a bunch of users (as it's CNC parts).

Also the new connector part for the Cobra grip should be perfectly stable to avoid breaking the grip while using it.

A DIY modification of the WT adapter could be possible but probably a one way trip.

Let's hope the MCG will be there soon!

Yup, fair enough. I heard talk about such an adapter being made, but seems it got canned along the way - all good, will just order once the MCG is ready to go. :thumbup:

Or maybe the space grip will be teased at just the right moment :pilotfly:

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Received my 1st order tracking this morning thanks Rainer, now stop messing with your Gunfighter and my MCG-Pro available for order LOL

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Man can't wait to get mine, Been holding off playing oilfield campaign till then.

Thanks again rrohde for keeping us in the loop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

Such adapter would have to be produced according to VKB HQ, and frankly, there doesn't seem to be enough demand to warrant a production run. Also, the adapter would cost $40, and the basic MCG $99 - and offers a lot more off the bat.

But of course I get it - the Cobra grip offers a few more buttons than the KG12 default Gunfighter grip, and the MCG isn't here yet... what to do...

A pity, several month ago i asked this and VKB said that Cobra M5 adaptors would come "Yes, they will be available sometime in March 2017" the quoted answer. Now, from your words rrohde, it seems its unlikely...I understand it, keeping word is less proffitable than buying MCGs for everywone.

I would pay happily that 40usd to get that cobra M5 adaptor for my Gladiator Pro, and then the MCG pro for a Gunfighter. I ll have to think about what to do but as of now, I think I ll pass on the gunfighter and just buy an MCG for my GL Pro MkI

BTW: thanks for all your constant feedback rrohde, you are without any doubdt an incredible rep for any company

Received my 1st order tracking this morning thanks Rainer, now stop messing with your Gunfighter and my MCG-Pro available for order LOL

Who says it's not your gunfighter he's playing with! :harhar:

Just kidding around. Keep up the good work Rrohde

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a quick update. I went back to the #10 cams after messing with the dry clutch a bit more. Works great with the Cougar grip now! :pilotfly:

Here are few pictures with the setup I've settled on (this might also help anyone new to VKB devices):

After loading the VKB config tool you'll be greeted with the Global page. The area underlined on the Common tab specifies how many buttons and hats are on your grip. In my case, the Cougar grip has 18 buttons and 1 hat. The Warthog has 19 buttons for those using that grip.

rCyRUDv.png

With Common -n- Axes tab on the profile page, you can configure the axes however you like. I went ahead and disabled the Z axis in my case. You can also set deadzones for each axis as well on this page. I've set Dz Lo to 2.2 and Dz Hi to 1 which works well for how I have the dry clutch set with the #10 cams. If you find the stick movements to sensitive, you can change the MPL for the axis from 10 to 9 and re-calibrate. Note, if you set it lower you'll prevent the stick's output data from reaching max deflection.

8aBYOwf.png

On buttons tab, buttons can be assigned however you'd like. I have mine mapped normally. Be sure to check the Poll tick box to see which button is being pressed. On the logical layer tab, you can see what each button does and what button number it's assigned.

OhC1Ub7.png

catQJJT.png

Here's a shot from joytester with the response when the stick is release from deflection. Not too bad with only just a little bit of the dry clutch applied.

sDOdUIH.png

Really loving this stick! :D

4xFSddM.jpg

I've attached my profile, if anyone wants to use it.

GF_BB_Cougar.cfg

Edited by ChinNoobonic
  • Like 1

to be fair, the adapter for the Warthog is about $40, I'd expect similar for the M5 grip. The MCG looks to be about $100, honestly, if the adaptor was any more than $20 shipped, I'd have just bough the MCG instead anyway, the grip on the M5 is a nice enough setup, but quality isn't great.

Z... I

A pity, several month ago i asked this and VKB said that Cobra M5 adaptors would come "Yes, they will be available sometime in March 2017" the quoted answer. Now, from your words rrohde, it seems its unlikely...I understand it, keeping word is less proffitable than buying MCGs for everywone.

I would pay happily that 40usd to get that cobra M5 adaptor for my Gladiator Pro, and then the MCG pro for a Gunfighter. I ll have to think about what to do but as of now, I think I ll pass on the gunfighter and just buy an MCG for my GL Pro MkI

BTW: thanks for all your constant feedback rrohde, you are without any doubdt an incredible rep for any company

FYI - You all should have gotten your pending tracking numbers by now.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry to disappoint, but I get my info from the horses mouth, and when priorities change at VKB HQ my info becomes obsolete right then. :(

What I can do is mention the desire for a Cobra M5 adapter for the Gunfighter (and Glad Pro Mk.II, for that matter). I can also make another poll on the VKB forums and see how many people "bite". :)

Actually, I wouldn't mind having one myself.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@ChinNoobonic

Thanks again for another great write up! :thumbup:

EDIT: I just noticed - your KdHi/Lo looks as if you didn't calibrate your Gunfighter? After calibration (use full extents), your KdHi/Lo should be less than 255. If it remains at 255 even after calibration, go back to an MPL of 10 - and re-calibrate again! :)

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

FYI - You all should have gotten your pending tracking numbers by now.

I can see my order is 'completed' on your site, but no tracking number yet. Sorry, I got your email earlier and was going to wait until Monday, but I thought I'd check because of this post :)

EDIT: resolved, sorry, it was a Paypal message that I overlooked, tracking received. Out of interest, how many sticks shipped in this first batch?

Edited by hughlb

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see my order is 'completed' on your site, but no tracking number yet. Sorry, I got your email earlier and was going to wait until Monday, but I thought I'd check because of this post :)

Should have been from PayPal... can you check?

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry to disappoint, but I get my info from the horses mouth, and when priorities change at VKB HQ my info becomes obsolete right then. :(

What I can do is mention the desire for a Cobra M5 adapter for the Gunfighter (and Glad Pro Mk.II, for that matter). I can also make another poll on the VKB forums and see how many people "bite". :)

That would not help me at all, as I own a Gl Pro MKI, but thanks for the reply and your understanding.

I m dissapointed but I can understand sales point of view, specially in a niche like this with short production runs.

I ll just stick to my Gladiator Pro MkI, and see if l m lucky to buy one MCG Pro for the MkI later this year. But for me no more believing in statements. I ll wait and see what is finally available for sale

Should have been from PayPal... can you check?

Yes indeed sorry, I did receive it. I was looking for the wrong email title

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got shipment confirmation along with tracking number for DHL from PayPal this morning, my Gunfighter is on the way!

Now bring on that MCG Pro grip so I will be able to use my new Gunfighter!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

For anyone that may not be home at the time of delivery, there was a way to authorize the delivery without a signature through the tracking link I got via text message.

Looks like Tuesday night shall be an interesting one for me. Thanks Rainer for your help in getting us our tracking info.

For anyone that may not be home at the time of delivery, there was a way to authorize the delivery without a signature through the tracking link I got via text message.

Good to know, mine is schedule for Thursday and I will not be home for some of the afternoon, will have to do that to be safe as well.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@ChinNoobonic

Thanks again for another great write up! :thumbup:

EDIT: I just noticed - your KdHi/Lo looks as if you didn't calibrate your Gunfighter? After calibration (use full extents), your KdHi/Lo should be less than 255. If it remains at 255 even after calibration, go back to an MPL of 10 - and re-calibrate again! :)

Thanks for pointing that out. It was due to me sorting out the re-centering. It's fine now.

Got my tracking number and it should be here Tuesday!

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of the base? I need to figure out a plate for my monstertech mount. They sell a mount for the gladiator/gladiator pro, but I think that's a much different base in dimensions.

EDIT: Nevermind! There's a PDF of the base dimensions on VKBs site!

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunfighter-pro-basic-measurements

Edited by PabstBleuRibbon

Got my tracking number and it should be here Tuesday!

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of the base? I need to figure out a plate for my monstertech mount. They sell a mount for the gladiator/gladiator pro, but I think that's a much different base in dimensions.

EDIT: Nevermind! There's a PDF of the base dimensions on VKBs site!

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunfighter-pro-basic-measurements

Nice, you must be west coast! I intend to modify my Monstertech Warthog mounting plate with the Gunfighter base holes as well, let me know how that goes! Shouldn't be too difficult with a good metal bit and a light lubricant.

FYI - MonsterTech will be offering Gunfighter mounts as well!

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Guys,

With the help of Gunfighter owner 'tecman69', VKB HQ was able to identify a potential issue that could affect the Gunfighter's x-axis dry clutch damper; the screws that hold down the dust cover are 2mm too long and could add unwanted friction.

To resolve this, please go ahead and loosen the two forward screws of the Gunfighter's dust cover by 1-2 full turns (see image attached). This should take care of it!

VKB_GF_adjustment_WBG.thumb.png.379dae3fb1def9ba008b01f2558acb97.png

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Guys,

With the help of Gunfighter owner 'tecman69', VKB HQ was able to identify a potential issue that could affect the Gunfighter's x-axis dry clutch damper; the screws that hold down the dust cover are 2mm too long and could add unwanted friction.

To resolve this, please go ahead and loosen the two forward screws of the Gunfighter's dust cover by 1-2 full turns (see image attached). This should take care of it!

Thanks for this, Rainer.

Would it be possible for us to replace the screws entirely with ones that are within specs?