IMPORTANT: Campaign Updates

baltic_dragon

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
Below, you will find the list of changes to the campaign included with the each update:

23/05/2018

M03: removed large airplanes potentially blocking path for the AI in Vaziani

M07: updated position of the British C-130s

M08: updated position of some ground units near the final parking spot

M09: changed S-3B Viking to KC-130

M12: added safeguards to Fang attack; added visuals / effects to Claw attack

06/06/2018

M01: Moved the C-130 blocking the taxiway, changed position of some troops at the airport

M10: Fixed cause of CTD experienced by some players during the dogfight; Fixed issue of L-39s not engaging player

M13: Removed C-130 blocking Chevy 5-1's path; Changed the music on mission completion to avoid copyright notice on Youtube

28/12/2018

M07: removed the Hercules causing problems with taxiing

M10: corrected AI behaviour and fixed bug where bandits would crash one into another.

M12: changed the starting time to 9am

22/11/2019

General update of the campaign. The changes are:

- some minor bug squashing (and one major one),

- new kneeboard for all the missions,

- updated the mission with the tanker and the last mission (the JTAC should now lase the target properly). Also reduced the number of waypoints in the last mission and added new maps (without automatic waypoint switching it was difficult to keep up). Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

PS. This will be added with the next OB update.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

22/11/2019

General update of the campaign. The changes are:

- some minor bug squashing (and one major one),

- new kneeboard for all the missions,

- updated the mission with the tanker and the last mission (the JTAC should now lase the target properly). Also reduced the number of waypoints in the last mission and added new maps (without automatic waypoint switching it was difficult to keep up). Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

PS. This will be added with the next OB update.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Bug report: There is several missions where the radio presets are not as advertised in the kneeboard. Also, there are conflicting info in some missions, in the mission briefing images panel and the kneeboard. The briefing images mission data card should be updated to have the same data card as the kneeboard. Otherwise, good stuff Baltic!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

That is a general bug (you’ll notice that the stock kneeboard for M2K is also off one channel). Internally fixed by RAZBAM AFAIK, should be good after next OB patch.

Roger. Thanks Baltic!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

Question: if we download the update to the campaign in the MIDDLE of playing it, will we loose the state of the progression? will I have to start all over from start?

thanks

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Question: if we download the update to the campaign in the MIDDLE of playing it, will we loose the state of the progression? will I have to start all over from start?

thanks

JEFX

No. Progress is saved in your logbook. All important campaign files are named the same so progress will remain.

are the radio presets still broken in this version? (or wrong or changed)?

Yesterday I tried to play mission 05 (old 2018 version) and because of the change in the radio, I used manual entry of frequencies, but some voiceovers didnt play (AWACS for ex.)...:-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

still buggy presets in green radio

OK just downloaded the new campaign files and opened one in the mission editor and I can CONFIRM that they have the right radio frequencies for the briefed preset numbers

BUT... when in the cockpit, the new GREEN RADIO is still off by one preset number... (the RED radio is fine).

That means that in order to trigger the right voice overs, etc, we have to dial the preset numbers that are ordered by our lead or other assets, but then we need to manually edit the proper frequency in the green radio (without changing the preset though, I tried yesterday and couldnt hear the AWACS voice for example)...

looking forward that RAZBAM fix this bug for immersion.

Thanks!

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUT... when in the cockpit, the new GREEN RADIO is still off by one preset number... (the RED radio is fine).

JEFX

Should be fixed in today's OB according to Baltic Dragon.

Yes!!! just tried and the Presets Freq. are now the same as in the Briefing card!!!

Thanks BD

P.S. MESSAGE FOR BALTIC DRAGON: is it normal that in the campaign folder, some missions have been updated to 11/27/2019 but some remained at some 2018 date? I have left those of 11/27 in the folder but for the older ones I have copied the files you offered for download a few days ago in the campaign folder (they date from 11/12-13-14-15)... are they going to work ok? or do you have a new set of missions from 11/27 that we can download please?

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh and by the way. I found out last night that I had some preset problems also because being stupid. Clicking preset number 3 and then VLD still chooses preset 2. Always one below. You have to enter preset numbers with leading zero for single digit presets.

As in, preset 1 has to be entered 01 and so on. I think this was in fact in one of Razbams videos, but I totally forgot about it.