[RESOLVED]DCS World 1.5 - Black screen

jflatto

After a while, I just got back into the KA-50. I installed DCS World 1.5. It was working. I then changed some configuration settings related to displaying on the second monitor. Now, when I start the program, I get the opening logo but then I get a black screen with music playing in the background. I assume that I have screwed up the resolution or another configuration but not sure how to get it working. I tried the "repair" option but it didn't help. I then uninstalled DCS World 1.5 and then did a clean install but that is not helping. Any idea if there are some configuration files I can delete to reset the game?

Thanks.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

In addition to DCS World 1.5, I also had 2.0 installed separately. That is working fine but none of the training videos are working in 2.0.

I then deactivated my aircraft and uninstalled DCS World 2.0. I then uninstalled DCS World 1.5. I thought I had removed all traces of both versions.

I then installed DCS World 1.5 again. Exact same error. I see the logo and then get a black screen. I can hear the music playing but am stuck at this point.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

• ED Team

check your saved games folder. delete any traces of dcs and restart, they will generate new ones

if you have no joy please attach your whole logs folders zipped and we will assist you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Assuming the Saved games folder is located in the "My Document" folder under "Saved Games", there is nothing there. Also there is nothing for Eagle Dynamics under "My Games" in "My Document" folder.

Where would I find the Log folder you are talking about. Looking at my DCS World 1.5 folder, I am not seeing any log folders. I have attached the autoupdate_log.txt in case that might help.

I have DCS World 1.5 installed but with no aircraft other than the SU-25T and TF-51D. I haven't go far enough to enter the activation information for A-10C, KA 50 and SA342.

autoupdate_log.zip

• ED Team

If you do not have a saved games folder something is very wrong.

try this to find your logs folder

Log folder:

Press WIN.button + R and copy-paste this:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

press Enter (OK) and you will see Log files in folder.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

your autoupdate log and dxdiag look fine.

I would check your pagefile is set to system managed seems like a low amount available

• Like 1

Never mind, I am an idiot. :doh: I was looking for DCS under "saved games" in "My Document" folder instead of looking for "saved games" under my username root directory. I found the DCS folder under the root directory folder and deleted it and now everything runs fine.

Thanks for your help and sorry to waste your time. I have installed and uninstalled DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 multiple times in the last 24 hours trying to solve the problem as well as using IObit Uninstall to remove all traces (or so I thought). I didn't realize that I had a "saved games" folder under my root username.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about the necropost...

Just got my system back on after about 4 months of being shut off from a move, and I'm getting this same issue.

Is there a way to narrow down which parts of the Saved Game folder need to go? I'd like to save my missions, joystick binds (I shudder to think of rebinding HOTAS for every module!) pilot file, and monitor export files (although the latter is probably causing the issue, I expect to redo them later...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Just the options.lua should do it, DCS will generate a fresh one once you start it up.

Thanks! I'll give it a spin and see what flies out.

EDIT: It works! Thanks, duders!

Edited by Zilch
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel: