Development Update March 2016 - Part 2 - Hawk Patch

Good communication, thanks for showing us what the issue was and for what it's worth with all those cool noises its definitately a let down when it all goes quiet and seems appropriate to delay for this one, I hope you can keep pace with ED's changes, that's my only concern as this engine is undergoing so much change right now. Good luck in nailing it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I'm confused on one topic - why do your engines need to be running to use the radios? How do you request start..?

Fundamentally, the ED sim engine uses engine state to present the radio menu options to you. If you're parked on the taxiway, it makes no sense for ATC to give you an "inbound" option. Similarly, there's no reason to request startup if your engines are already running.

It appears it's just integration with that system from ED that needs work. Everything I've read says a healthy amount of vodka is required to get it working. :lol:

I think its because DCS is scripted in such a way that in order to communicate with ground crew the engines have to be running, if not its seen by the program that your aircraft is not active???

I'm sure someone with a better understanding will jump in though. :)

**Edit** Ah you see, in the time it took me to type this someone did, LOL.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

They don't need to be running to call ATC for "Start Engines" but they do have to be running to call for taxi, take off and landing or the sim simply does not respond.

Actually for ground crew the engines have to be off to re-arm and re-fuel.

That's a nice update summary Ells - I like the Go/No Go format - keeps things easy to keep track of. I know this project is a labor of love at this point for the team, and I'm excited that we are truly close to seeing the Hawk at the point you guys envisioned it when the project started.

Best of luck..

BeachAV8R