Eurofighter Typhoon Defensive Aids Sub System (DASS)

I just found another video displaying the typhoons capabilities but this time it's about its defense. What a plane!!!

@VEAO: can you tell us which of these features are going tot make the module?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Edited by DutchJackal
not to many I think. we're getting a really early tranche 1 block 5 eurofighter.

What's presented in the video wrt DASS is nothing that you can't find on Block 5 Typhoons. The displays shown there are somewhat simplified but not really wrong either, the magic is beyond what you can see.

So in theory Block 5 doesn't exclude any capabilities shown in that video, with one display specific exception that I won't detail here.

What VEAO will be allowed to do is yet another question. Let's hope they will get the go to simulate/emulate all of the systems to some extend.

There is an interesting section in the following hawk T2 video:

[ame]

[/ame]

At the 4:50 mark the instructor inserts a SA-8 SAM, not sure how closely this HUD symbology matches the Typhoon, I guess as it is design to help with Typhoon OCU training it is going to be fairly close.

Edited by whiteladder
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So in theory Block 5 doesn't exclude any capabilities shown in that video, with one display specific exception that I won't detail here.

I think I know which one you are talking about, there are a lot of sales pitch videos that show what the system does without giving away too much, but I am surprised how much detail they go into, especially the lengths I had to go to to move some of the gear.

I can fully see where VEAO are at and I think some of the comments on here sometime (not pointing at you) are quite discouraging, at the end of the day, what I dont know is VEAO negotiating position, or other contracts / plans etc. whereby if your customers says we dont want you to model DASS then I wouldnt model it! Same with the HMD thread.

Also, there is a difference between knowing what a Towed Decoy is supposed to do in a sales pitch and what it can actually do, if you start simulating that from a position of limited authorised knowledge you could render almost every missile attack useless, once or twice.

We will get, as close as it gets to flying a Tiffy T1 Block 5 and I cant wait, if they RAF / EFA or whoever say no to this/that, so be it.

There is an interesting section in the following hawk T2 video:

At the 4:50 mark the instructor inserts a SA-8 SAM, not sure how closely this HUD symbology matches the Typhoon, I guess as it is design to help with Typhoon OCU training it is going to be fairly close.

Interesting, never seen training like before, Chris is a lucky lad, the best I got was kicked out of the air cadets and flying in a Glider of they lack of power and 1 shot landing freaked me out!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i hope the eurofighter got the level of the old excellent game EF2000 (1995)

http://ef2000tactcom.blogspot.fr/

First time with Air refueling was there :lol::lol::lol::lol:

FANTASTIC game at that time. I still have it and working. and GREAT campaign :joystick::pilotfly:

Edited by [TIGER]

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883