MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Hi, I've been trying to make a polygon zone for a few hours with your scrypt, but impossible, I had to forget something fundamental ... I'm a beginner, it's not easy...

someone can help me?

Here is what I did at most basic possible, I just copy pasted the code from the " video test"

MG.miz

Edited by Exocet

I am just trying/starting to get into this. I want to make missions using MOOSE. I have Eclipse LDT ready to go, but following the setup doc I am a bit lost now. It says (and gives a link to) the Moose latest release download. I worked my way through the github morass to find the 2.5.0pre release and downloaded that (as well as MOOSE master), but after looking at those files it seems that is not what I want?

What I really want is the Moose Includes and Missions, correct? Maybe Missions Unpacked? Anything else? Sounds?

I also see the setup instructions part 2 state there will be two files included in the download (where it pointed to the MOOSE framework, i.e. 2.5.0pre or master) to include in my missions, moose.lua and moose_.lua. The main framework does not seem to include those at all, but one of the files is in Include. I canot find moose_.lua anywhere in the files I have downloaded (moose 2.5.0 pre, master, and moose includes). I also find moose.lua in multiple places such as in a static and dynamic directory in the MOOSE_Includes

Then how to set up the new project in LDT? Or is this where I need the MOOSE framework (either 2.5.0pre or master) directory structure?

Any clear instructions for a complete newb here?

Thx!

Edited by hlfritz
clarity, i hope!

Does anyone have a simple example mission for the Range module?

I've tried repeatedly to get it to work on NTTR with no luck.

I've tried it with DCSW 2.5.5 with latest Non-Dev Moose and 2.5.6 with the Moose Dev branch.

When I start I don't get any F10 menu. I assumed this feature was default from the reading. This is a SP mission so I don't know if the script starting correctly is the problem.

Here's my Range lua:

local pit_1={"pit_1"}

-- Create a range object.
GoldwaterRange=RANGE:New("GoldwaterRange")

-- Add strafe pits.
-- RANGE.AddStrafePit(Target Names, BoxLength, BoxWidth, Heading, Inverseheading, goodpass, foulline)
GoldwaterRange:AddStrafePit(pit_1, 5000, 500, 180, false, 20, 500)

-- Start range.
GoldwaterRange:Start()

BASE:TraceOnOff(true)
BASE:TraceLevel(3)
BASE:TraceClass("RANGE")

RANGE.DebugON(true)

Attached my .miz and log.

Any help appreciated.

TD_BGwRange.miz

dcs_log.txt

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Welcome to the world of Moose. Download latest Moose from Develop branch here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop

I use the Moose.lua from the static folder. Github Develop also provides links to download docs and example missions. If you are new to scripting, as I was, this might help you. Follow the Youtube videos on setup and you should be good. Moose developers and experts are usually online in Moose Discord and are happy to help noobies. To use a Moose script in a mission, Use a ME trigger to load the Moose.lua at mission start. Then use a second trigger to load your custom mission Moose script file with a few seconds delay. Moose opens up a world of features for your missions.

MOOSE for Non-Coders.pdf

RANGE.DebugON(true)

Remove that line.

Also, if you start the range after 19 sec, the script will not detect you entering an aircraft (hence not create the F10 menu) if you do that before. You need to wait at least 20 sec or change the trigger condition to a shorter time.

Furthermore, in single player, always hit ESC twice before you enter a slot. Sorry, many DCS bugs when trying to detect a player entered a unit need to be circumvented :( I wish they would fix it as this is a very important event as you can see...

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

So fixed the script:

local pit_1={"Pit_1"}

-- Create a range object.
GoldwaterRange=RANGE:New("GoldwaterRange")

-- Add strafe pits.
-- RANGE.AddStrafePit(Target Names, BoxLength, BoxWidth, Heading, Inverseheading, goodpass, foulline)
GoldwaterRange:AddStrafePit(pit_1, 5000, 500, nil, nil, 20, 500)

-- Start range.
 GoldwaterRange:Start()

So, I don't know if this is important or not, but I set this up as a SP mission with player skill as "Player" not "Client".

So I'm a little confused as to what you mean "Hit escape twice".

Is it hit "Fly", "Escape", "Fly", "Escape", then "Fly" or something else.

I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but I get an error message popup:

DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\BIG_DA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007CBA.lua"]:5: attempt to index global 'RANGE' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
    [string "C:\Users\BIG_DA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007CBA.lua"]:5: in main chunk

New delay on the triggers are Moose 3 sec and Script 5sec

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Escape not applicable to single player. Most mission builders assign the player as "Client" in ME (more flexible, I guess). If you fly mission as a client a "role selection" screen appears. Hit Escape, wait couple of seconds for script to load properly, then Escape again to return to role selection screen. Then select role and hit FLY.

aye.

If you use the slot type of "Client" which works as a multiplayer slot, you get presented with the slot selection screen.

At this point the mission is paused and no scripts have run.

If you press escape immediately, you get a spectator view and scripting starts.

If you press Escape again, you get the slot screen again, but this time since the script is running, it will find you entered the slot and things happen.

EDIT: as a player type slot the same issue will happen I think, except youve been directly taken to the slot marked player and didnt need to select it. Unless you can get out of that role and back in, you choices will be limited to making it a client again.

It's all about the chicken and the egg. Script needs to start before you get there, whcih is always the normal case with multiplayer, but in single player can be a bit off.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Play as client and give it a good old 10 count between after hitting Esc did it. Got it working just fine.

Thanks everyone for responses.

Great stuff! Next week someone else will have the same problem because of the way DCS works. Feel free to pile in and tell them how it works/doesn't work/behaves unexpectedly/is silly*

*delete as appropriate. :)

Great stuff! Next week someone else will have the same problem because of the way DCS works. Feel free to pile in and tell them how it works/doesn't work/behaves unexpectedly/is silly*

*delete as appropriate. :)

If you post on Hoggit I'd be happy to chime in, but I don't understand half this back end code stuff to make a convincing gripe.

But I can say the only reason for their success is the incredible community effort to make Multi Player as good as it is. Not supporting that effort is a monumental, short term thinking, mistake.

Thanks again for the help.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I usually have all clients/players in my mission activate 5-10 sec AFTER mission start. At start I display a "Wait for scripts to load. You will start in X seconds" message and that works pretty good.

You could also give an introduction text to the mission... something like "0635z, aboard USS John C. Stennis, 17th March 2002. The Persian Gulf, east of Dubai. Tensions running high between..." well, you get the point.

If someone knows a way to focus the spectator camera onto a specific object/unit/coordinate that would make for a nice cinematic intro btw. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Have we sorted out the Airbase naming issues? for Nevada?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I didn't want to read through all the post, but is RAT porked right now? I tried it and the aircraft kept exploding.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Have we sorted out the Airbase naming issues? for Nevada?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4246662#post4246662

So... I'm very happy about this, it shows ED listen, understand, etc.

That's a fairly significant thing. Give them love.

I can stop whining and go back in my hole now :) Which is good for everyone.

Which Eclipse Version Do I Need?

Just now getting started and was trying to download Eclipse. I made the donation and was able to obtain the .exe download, BUT when I opened it, it had several Eclipse options (see attached pic) and I have no idea which one to choose. Or maybe I'm just in the wrong place? A little help would be appreciated!

Eclipse.thumb.JPG.a8a7724b61861fa40688070d0dbb63ec.JPG

Just now getting started and was trying to download Eclipse. I made the donation and was able to obtain the .exe download, BUT when I opened it, it had several Eclipse options (see attached pic) and I have no idea which one to choose. Or maybe I'm just in the wrong place? A little help would be appreciated!

This video will take you through it. You want the LDT.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Dynamic spawn does not work with player or client units.

But i would be glad if you can proove me wrong. That would be a fantastic possibility for missions, especially if it is so easy.

Could you please provide an example?

Edited by The_Dan